AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Signature of the Week #44 Voting

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Signature of the Week #44 Voting

Signature of the Week #44 Voting

Theme: The Defaults

Rules and Guidelines for Voting:

1) You must state your reasons for voting on a particular entry (I.E. what you liked about the entry). You are NOT allowed to campaign for any specific entry, nor should you post negative comments on any other entry that you are not voting for. You should vote based upon solely what YOU like, NOT what other people are voting for.

2) NOT FOLLOWING RULE 1 WILL RESULT IN YOUR VOTE BEING DELETED.

3) This contest is designed so entries are to remain anonymous. Any reference to missing dealines, who entered or did not enter will result in your entry being disqualified, and your post removed. You also risk being removed from further competitions of this nature.

Voting Ends Saturday, May 18th, 2011.

Apologies for the delay!!!! I had to validate that one of the entries was truly made from scratch! It was, but I think when we revisit this theme, I will change up the rules a little. AND ZENISTER. See! You can make signatures from nothing but the defaults!!!

Entry A:

Entry B:

Entry C:

Entry D:

Entry E: Disqualified via the user telling everyone on his Facebook page which his entry was.

Entry F:

Last edited by Vintniv; 06-16-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Signature of the Week #44 Voting

Entry A: I really like the light coming from the extractions hand. I also like the shadow, but there is too much pink around the extraction and with the light surrunding it, it comes to mix up with the other colors and as a resoult doesn't blend in. The string in the down right side is disturbing, since it's too dark-ish and it gives the effect of cutting the leg and arm of the extraction. The pink background is good but the soft sparkling circles make it go off topic.

Entry B
    : Simple, yet it gives warming effect. The idea of having sparkles is good. The text is good but it's too close to the focal.

Entry C: The red wiery thing on the hand works nicely, but not as much on the extractions leg. The circles give the effect of the stock being underwater and I like it, but the background looks rather plain.

Entry D
    : The text is good. The background looks too plain and the moon or planet or what ever it is feels like disapearing. There is too much light over the focal and the side that supposed to be the one with the shadow ended up being with light, wich is really distracting.

Entry E:
    I like the combination of colors, that go well with the stock. The light coming over the shapes and the background is good, although I don't like the squeare lines put next to the left side, that distroy the light at some points. The lines next to the hand on the right side look good and give it a floral effect. The text is nice, eventhough the half sliced shadows make it look scratchy.

Entry F: Nice use of colors. The multiple shadows go well with the flow and the text in the background and around the hand is very well placed.

In the end, I vote for entry F.
    Last edited by Nesh; 06-12-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Every entry is basically the soft brush dots all over stock images. EXCEPT, for Entry F. Typography could be better in F, color could too, but its the only one that shows very distinctive creativity to the nature of the theme.

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Wow, Vocaloids abound.

C GMV, because having made a sig like that before, I know how time-consuming and meticulous it can be. I appreciate the range of thought that clearly went into it.

A would have been my second choice, but that shade of pink is ghastly.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

dfoi;sghfog 3 vocaloid signatures. ;_; Anyways entry C is AMAZING! The light and effects were really well done. Great tags everyone!
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

I vote for entry B. While the effects are a little repititive next to the other entries, I think the color palette used for the signature was perfectly fit to the render. The signature feels like some of the color value was taken from it, but the entry still stands out from the crowd. My next favorite would have to be entry C, because it too used similar effects but used them in such a way that they made the signature stand out. Entry A needs more effects, entry E's C4Ds are pixellated and the background is plain, and entry F is too simplistic for my taste. Entry D feels empty, with two random pieces at the bottom left and right corners of the signature.

EDIT: I also feel as though entry C had a lot of color value taken from it - even moreso than entry B.
    Last edited by Skilero; 06-13-2011 at 03:56 PM.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

...dammit. They're all fantastic this week. I actually expected -every- entry to use Impact for text. I didn't expect so many entries for default either, but here I go.

Entry A: Nice colors, cool typography (but it could be better), and some fancy pentooling. It's a pretty solid entry, but the pentool lines around her arm look...weird. They're much too think and close to the end of it the line goes a little strange. Other than that, as much as I like pink (yes I'm a guy), The shade they used makes me feel a little sick from all the saturation.

Entry B: This one gets points for typography right off the bat. Overall it feels a tad too cluttered, but...that's about it. I can't pick anything in particular that I like or dislike with this one, so I'd take that as a compliment.

Entry C: Cool concept, and they almost got it perfectly. The typography is okay, but it took me a second to find it. The things throwing me off with this sig are the colors and the weird red squiggly thingies. The colors are cool, but as it goes it it starts to feel weird. Like she's going Hulk at any moment. I can tell the red lines are supposed to balance it but it doesn't look too great to me. They just look weird. Everything else is col though, especially the border.

Entry D: Hey simplicity, awesome. There's not much going on here to be honest. The text throws it off though. The colors are okay, not great, but okay.I like the lighting on his face, but the thing that really kills me are the things in the corners. They just look out of place and odd. Throw those out and I think this one would be a lot better.

Entry E: I kinda like it. There feels like there's too many sparkle thingies going on, and the text could be better. I do like the colors used. Blue and purple are one of my favorite combinations.

Entry F: Coolness. I like everything from the fonts to the colors, but it's too small. For there to be so much awesome stuff in there, it's too small to really see any of it.

So my vote goes out to Entry F as well.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm really torn between A, C, E, and F. I'll have to vote for E though. I love the simple bluish background, and the effects around the character help bring her out more instead of distracting from her. The text isn't the greatest, but still works for this.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 09:12 AM
    Threads

From all the entries, I like entry F the best.

It's simple, has nice colours, the effects are not too distracting, and overall the work is clean-cut.

Senior Member Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2019 11:16 AM
    Threads

I absolutely adore entry E. It's not too bright, nor is it took dark; accented with a soft blue tone. :]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information