AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Find Your Beat

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Default Find Your Beat

New wallpaper! As always, comments, critique and anything else is greatly appreciated ^_^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WotmJuneWip.png‎
Views:	76
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	44779  

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Find Your Beat

Kay.

Stock is small, and out of the way. Why? And how much of that lovely colored vector stuff did you actually make? Because I am comparing that to every thing else there, and it just doesnt make sense.

The colored vector flow works fine by itself; the 'X's, lines, bubbles, etc that you appear to have added (because they totally stand out) just dont belong there.

The background is too flat given the depth of the rest of the wallpaper. I would have probably used more of that flowy stuff you had initially, but just spread it out across the rest of the wallpaper so it looks consistent.

Given that you are using two styles, texture and vector (and brushing, but I personally hate that style), you should look into things like color contrast, balance, positive/negative space, and the like.

Overall, you gotta start somewhere, and this is good for what it is.

Junior Member Ivar Duijf is on a distinguished road Ivar Duijf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2011 11:41 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    Kay.

Stock is small, and out of the way. Why? And how much of that lovely colored vector stuff did you actually make? Because I am comparing that to every thing else there, and it just doesnt make sense.

The colored vector flow works fine by itself; the 'X's, lines, bubbles, etc that you appear to have added (because they totally stand out) just dont belong there.

The background is too flat given the depth of the rest of the wallpaper. I would have probably used more of that flowy stuff you had initially, but just spread it out across the rest of the wallpaper so it looks consistent.

Given that you are using two styles, texture and vector (and brushing, but I personally hate that style), you should look into things like color contrast, balance, positive/negative space, and the like.

Overall, you gotta start somewhere, and this is good for what it is.
    i do not agree whith you its a good clean style whit nice coloring if he adds more effects to it it wil only screw up the flow of the piece

Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Art Tools Hedgehog Telescope
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2014 05:48 PM
    Between the dreaming, and the coming true
    Threads
    Blog Entries

2 words...WOW-WIE!! But agreed with Ivar, adding too many waving effects would have crowded if not distracted from the nice looking lady in the bikini. It looks pretty good as is...however my concern is the attitude placed on such critiques...seems a little mean. I know, some people may be starting out with creating something like this, but there's no need to come off as disrespectful.
    Last edited by solidarmor; 11-10-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    It's always in the last place you'd think of looking!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information