AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Signature of the Week #43 Voting

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Signature of the Week #43 Voting

Signature of the Week #43 Voting

Theme: Comic Books

Rules and Guidelines for Voting:

1) You must state your reasons for voting on a particular entry (I.E. what you liked about the entry). You are NOT allowed to campaign for any specific entry, nor should you post negative comments on any other entry that you are not voting for. You should vote based upon solely what YOU like, NOT what other people are voting for.

2) NOT FOLLOWING RULE 1 WILL RESULT IN YOUR VOTE BEING DELETED.

3) This contest is designed so entries are to remain anonymous. Any reference to missing dealines, who entered or did not enter will result in your entry being disqualified, and your post removed. You also risk being removed from further competitions of this nature.

Voting Ends Sunday, May 11th, 2011.

Entry A:

Entry B:

Entry C:

Entry D:

Entry E:

Entry F:

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Signature of the Week #43 Voting

WOW, all these signatures are the best; B, E, and F seem to have done PHENOMENAL jobs. I won't give full critics and instead I'll just vote because I'm too lazy. Anyways I like those 3 a lot, entry B needs to get rid of whatever effect they put on her face. Entry F seems a bit spammed with C4D's and the text could alwats be better, Entry F text needs serious help but the rest of the signature has good effect but I would have moved those purple things to the right side or put them below the Venom layer. Overall I like Entry E, even though the text is off it seems like it took the most skill to make and it kind of has a border. >_>
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

So many amazing entries o_O. I'm torn between B, C, and E. I'll have to go with C, though. The text flows well with the sig, and the effects done on the sig really support the focus. Although the circles on the right could be blended a little better, I believe this sig is superior to the rest.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Pfft. You slackers!
    Nice turn out this week though.

Entry A: Nice colors and a cool low contrast finish makes it look great. The simplicity seems to throw it off though, with the low contrast and desaturated colors, it feels like it needs more effects somewhere in there. The text is good though, so that's a plus. Maybe a border too, but it's not a big problem.

Entry B: Nice colors and lighting going on. The text is pretty okay...ish. However, there seems to be too much chaos for this sig. There's a lot going on on the right side, and it seems a little off. Or rather badly placed. The flow is good though which is always nice.

Entry C: Nice colors again, cool concept, and some great effects work make this one stand out. However the main things bothering me are the logo in the top corner, and the text. The text would have been fine anywhere else, but instead it's rather close to his face, the focal point. It creates a weird hierarchy and makes me look back and fourth between them. the logo just doesn't feel like it belongs though.

Entry D: another low contrast one with it's good and bad points. The main thing is the fractals seem randomly placed at random. It also doesn't feel done to me. Like it could maybe use something to make the whole thing pop a bit. The text is okay, but it blends in a bit too much as well.

Entry E: Nice lighting, colors and depth. I like the flow of it as well. The main issue in this one is text though. It looks cool, but there's something weird about it. It feels too close and some parts are rather hard to read. I had to sit for a while to actually read the "sotw" part. I do appreciate the effort and thought that was put into it though. Maybe next time just add something to make it a little easier to read yo.

Entry F: Fantastic lighting, colors, and a great use of C4D's. I really really like this one though. The colors and the background sort of give that creepy/ominous feel to the whole sig. I think if they changed the color of the text to something that matched the rest of it a bit more, we'd have a great winner here.

So my vote goes to entry F, but they're ALL great entries. No one's perfect (yet), so learn from your mistakes and keep it up

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Entry A: Love the color choice. The deep red really pops, but it needs more flow and depth.

Entry B: Good colors, goof flow, good text. But it looks a little out of focus for whatever reason, I think its a little too sharp.

Entry C: Em, I have some problems with it. I cant tell what's in the foreground, and whats in the background with all the effects. I am also really drawn to the logo in the corner rather than the stock. I would get rid of the monotone choice for color, and punch up more of the red.

Entry D: A good, simple design. Its very busy and sharp though. A little less on the sharpen, and a little more on the lighting and depth would make this one a winner.

Entry E: Absolutely awesome. The colors here pop out VERY well, and its a very hard tag to miss. Could use a bit more contrast, and I would have loved to see more variety in the color of the flow (Yellow). The text is also a little hard to read; red text on red background and all that.

Entry F: Best use of depth of all the tags. There is a clear foreground, and a clear background. That lighting in the bottom left should go though. But the one thing I really hate is the text. That nasty drop shadow needs to go, it kills the amazing depth I am getting here.

Overall, I am going with Entry E, it displays the greatest color variety, and flow.

6. Likes Xeyuzio liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information