AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who won this E3?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft

1 7.69%
  • Sony

7 53.85%
  • Nintendo

5 38.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: E3 2011 Discussion Thread

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Default Re: E3 2011 Discussion Thread

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    You mean the power that us Xbox 360 and PS3 owners have had for 5-6 years?
    That's exactly what I meant. I've never had much of a reason to get an Xbox 360 or a PS3 so I've been stuck with Nintendo's last generation graphics.

Isn't that the situation for the Wii? And, well, ANY console?
    Not necessarily, there are multiplatform games that were kept away from Nintendo (or really dumbed down) this last generation due to how weak the Wii was.

Yeah, it definitely looks better alright. Button/analog stick placement is completely out of whack and will feel completely AWKWARD to hold. The Wiimote/chuk are definitely going to be far more comfortable to use than this. Not to mention that there's no multitouch, and we already have a touchpad in the DS/3DS.
    You have to understand, I hate the Wii Remote. I don't care about all of this "multitouch" stuff, I just want something that isn't a Wii Remote. The people who have played this controller are reporting that it is better than it looks, as well.

Admittedly, some of the 3DS titles are going to be stellar and fun to play. HOWEVER. Look at the system you're playing them on. The graphics are virtually no different than the DS graphics, which are, arguably, comparable to N64 graphics, which use over twelve-year-old technology. Compare the 3DS to the PS Vita in terms of technology and pricing. The 3DS uses friend codes, and does not support cross-game voice chat. PS Vita doesn't use FCs, and supports CGVC. PS Vita's technology is nearly identical to the PS3's, as displayed in demos of MGS4 and Uncharted for it. Its graphics alone are probably comparative to that of the Wii U's that are forthcoming. I understand graphics don't make a game, but you should really know what hardware you're paying for. To the 3DS' benefit, it does have 3D support. PS Vita has bluetooth support, 3G, and, something that not even the Wii U will have (for some reason), multitouch capability. And it's retailing for the same price.
    I couldn't care less about any of that, and nothing can change that. And really, no different than the DS's graphics? It looks quite a bit better than the DS, the graphics actually are really good for a portable. Not up to Vita's standards, but I honestly don't care.

The Playstation Vita's games just don't interest me. I have no reason to get one at all. And you know what, that's okay. There will be people that prefer the Vita, as they really like those games. I'm glad that there is finally a competitive handheld, and an alternative. Perhaps Nintendo will step their game up a bit further. But just because the Vita is so super powerful doesn't mean that I have to want it myself. I'm 100% happy with my 3DS, and even more happy after this E3. This is the handheld Nintendo I have been waiting for. A 3D Zelda, a 3D Mario, a Luigi's Mansion, a Super Smash Bros., it's like a portable GCN, and I LOVED the GCN.

So for me, not caring much for many of Sony's games, I love my 3DS. As I said, it's great that you have an alternative (I don't wish anything bad on the success of the Vita), but you don't have to come rain on my parade. I'm in it for the games, and the Vita's just aren't for me.

Nintendo has, and always will, put minimal effort into Animal Crossing. I have no idea why people are even interested in it. It's EXTREMELY repetitive, and very dull/boring. Literally majority of the game is spent doing the same things over and over again, such as fishing, to make money. There's no variety. It's not like it's any different, when you fish either, except for maybe the weather. I know a "simulation" game series that has far more content and has been around for many more years: Harvest Moon.
    It's called an opinion. I play Wild World all of the time. There is something there for me, personally.

I've played the three big life simulation games - The Sims, Animal Crossing, and Harvest Moon. I loved Harvest Moon on the GCN, but not anywhere near as much as Animal Crossing GCN.

@Kaitou+ : I'm not taking any of that as a serious confirmation. I can't foresee both SSB's being the same thing, but I don't know. I just think how they worded that was very vague. We really know nothing.
    Last edited by Aulos; 06-07-2011 at 05:28 PM.

~Made by me~

Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex Popsicle Mario Item Box
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2019 09:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonist View Post
    That's exactly what I meant. I've never had much of a reason to get an Xbox 360 or a PS3 so I've been stuck with Nintendo's last generation graphics.
    While I agree that the Wii library has far better games than the Xbox, and probably the PS3, you have to admit that this is a little bit of a disappointment. MS and Sony's next consoles will probably be around in 2013-2014, maybe even later, which means that the Wii U's technology will be literally obsolete, even though it basically already is when compared to current PC graphical capabilities. It's not bad, though. The real kicker is the fact that it doesn't upscale Wii games. My hopes of playing some of my alltime favorite games, Super Mario Galaxy, SMG2, DKCR, and Twilight Princess, in HD, are shattered.
    Not necessarily, there are multiplatform games that were kept away from Nintendo (or really dumbed down) this last generation due to how weak the Wii was.
    While they will now have some multiplatform support, I believe many people will still opt to play it on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Nintendo has been relying on 1st Party titles to sell their systems thus far, and I doubt it will change anytime soon. Especially with the poor control scheme of WiiU.
    You have to understand, I hate the Wii Remote. I don't care about all of this "multitouch" stuff, I just want something that isn't a Wii Remote. The people who have played this controller are reporting that it is better than it looks, as well.
    When one of their main points about the control is its "touchpad", and that it does not actually support multitouch, it is a pretty big deal. Might not be to you, and that's fine. Can't change your preference, and I have no intention of doing so. I'm just saying, the layout of the controls is very awkward, and what they really SHOULD be is illustrated in that diagram.
    I couldn't care less about any of that
    If it were on 3DS, you would care, would you not?
    And really, no different than the DS's graphics? It looks quite a bit better than the DS, the graphics actually are really good for a portable. Not up to Vita's standards, but I honestly don't care.
    It's an improvement, but it's not a huge step up. I'd consider them "decent" compared to what Vita's putting out. Also, I have to ask...would you care if the 3DS had this capability? I'm just trying to inform you of what technology you're actually paying for. It's extremely clear that the 3DS is overpriced, with the $249.99 price tag on the Vita.

The Playstation Vita's games just don't interest me. I have no reason to get one at all. And you know what, that's okay. There will be people that prefer the Vita, as they really like those games. I'm glad that there is finally a competitive handheld, and an alternative. Perhaps Nintendo will step their game up a bit further. But just because the Vita is so super powerful doesn't mean that I have to want it myself. I'm 100% happy with my 3DS, and even more happy after this E3. This is the handheld Nintendo I have been waiting for. A 3D Zelda, a 3D Mario, a Luigi's Mansion, a Super Smash Bros., it's like a portable GCN, and I LOVED the GCN.
    Fair enough, and in fact, I completely agree and respect that. Games make a system. The 3DS had terrible launch titles but the end of 2011 is looking pretty fantastic for it right now. I apologize if I've offended you, but I'm really just trying to get the point across that the Vita is a TECHNICALLY superior system. Not that it has better games, or that you should ditch your 3DS and buy a Vita instead.

It's called an opinion. I play Wild World all of the time. There is something there for me, personally.
    I'm pretty aware of what an opinion is xD
    Maybe it is fun for you. I'm not gonna judge you on that. Play what you wanna play, regardless of my opinion or anyone elses'. Truthfully though, there is not that much content in the game, or variety to the core gameplay itself. Seems there's enough to satisfy you though, and at the end of the day, that's what counts.

HEY GUYS. HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE NEW NINTENDO FIRETRUCK?
    WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

While I agree that the Wii library has far better games than the Xbox, and probably the PS3, you have to admit that this is a little bit of a disappointment. MS and Sony's next consoles will probably be around in 2013-2014, maybe even later, which means that the Wii U's technology will be literally obsolete, even though it basically already is when compared to current PC graphical capabilities.

HEY GUYS. HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE NEW NINTENDO FIRETRUCK?
    WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU
    I lol'd at the last bit.

But in all cerealness, dude, GET OFF THE GRAPHICS BANDWAGON. You're starting to come across to me as one of those 'graphics over gameplay' peeps; the sort of peeps who deem a game unplayable because they can't see 20 kilometers ahead of them. >_>

Okay, so that could be a touch exaggerative but seriously ... since when was graphics really the most important factor in a game? Would you rather have a game that looks amazing, but then you buy it and play it and find it plays like garbage, and has no replay value and is thus a waste of your $60? Or would you rather have something that may not necessarily be cutting-edge graphics tech, but in the sheer nitty-gritty playability is far superior?

Really now. If I wanted to play something that was all graphics and no gameplay, I'd play Life. But we all know that whilst the graphics are incredible, the gameplay is tedious, complicated and at most times completely freaking boring. I'd rather play something that doesn't look so good but makes up for it by keeping you entertained for some weeks or months on end.

You're 7 years younger than me; count yourself lucky you have what graphics you have. When I was in my teens I was still playing Sega Genesis. Have them apples. :|
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    I lol'd at the last bit.

But in all cerealness, dude, GET OFF THE GRAPHICS BANDWAGON. You're starting to come across to me as one of those 'graphics over gameplay' peeps; the sort of peeps who deem a game unplayable because they can't see 20 kilometers ahead of them. >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy
    I'm really just trying to get the point across that the Vita is a TECHNICALLY superior system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy
    [in response to Basoonist talking about how games are more important to her than graphics] Fair enough, and in fact, I completely agree and respect that. Games make a system. The 3DS had terrible launch titles but the end of 2011 is looking pretty fantastic for it right now.
    Are you serious?

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

While I agree that the Wii library has far better games than the Xbox, and probably the PS3, you have to admit that this is a little bit of a disappointment. MS and Sony's next consoles will probably be around in 2013-2014, maybe even later, which means that the Wii U's technology will be literally obsolete, even though it basically already is when compared to current PC graphical capabilities. It's not bad, though. The real kicker is the fact that it doesn't upscale Wii games. My hopes of playing some of my alltime favorite games, Super Mario Galaxy, SMG2, DKCR, and Twilight Princess, in HD, are shattered.
    I've seen it said before that we're at a point with graphics that with each new generation the differences aren't going to be anywhere near as clear as they used to be. So I am not worried. I don't see how PS4 and Xbox720 could be so impressive that it would make me care.

If it were on 3DS, you would care, would you not?

It's an improvement, but it's not a huge step up. I'd consider them "decent" compared to what Vita's putting out. Also, I have to ask...would you care if the 3DS had this capability? I'm just trying to inform you of what technology you're actually paying for. It's extremely clear that the 3DS is overpriced, with the $249.99 price tag on the Vita.
    Obviously it would be nice to have such graphics, but to be honest, I wasn't expecting them. I've grown really accustomed to handhelds' graphics being a significant step behind their respective home console's graphics. So if they had really gone down the road of the Vita's graphical capabilities on the 3DS it would look flat out weird. Their handheld console would have just made their home console look extremely outdated. Perhaps it already is outdated to everybody else, but it would look far moreso.

I had a feeling that the $250 price tag was pretty high, but it is what it is. Plus, I seriously doubt that Sony was so happy to set their next generation portable at such a low price. You can tell this by the fact that absolutely nobody was thinking that they would set their prices anywhere near that low. It was a strategic move by Sony, most likely a smart one, but I doubt they did it with a big smile on their face.

Fair enough, and in fact, I completely agree and respect that. Games make a system. The 3DS had terrible launch titles but the end of 2011 is looking pretty fantastic for it right now. I apologize if I've offended you, but I'm really just trying to get the point across that the Vita is a TECHNICALLY superior system. Not that it has better games, or that you should ditch your 3DS and buy a Vita instead.
    You don't need to get that across, I never said otherwise.

I'm pretty aware of what an opinion is xD
    Maybe it is fun for you. I'm not gonna judge you on that. Play what you wanna play, regardless of my opinion or anyone elses'. Truthfully though, there is not that much content in the game, or variety to the core gameplay itself. Seems there's enough to satisfy you though, and at the end of the day, that's what counts.
    For me, it's a fun game to play during the late evening when I'm wanting to relax.

I am not all of that "easily amused". I have bashed their most recent Animal Crossing like nothing else. Life simulation type games just sit in their own area, completely different from other kinds of games. What looks stupid and pointless to you in a life simulation game might be important to another person.
    Last edited by Aulos; 06-07-2011 at 06:31 PM.

~Made by me~

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Are you serious?
    Super cereal.

But I was only going on your last post; it's what you suggested. I didn't see what you said in your previous posts so I was only going on what I saw. (sue me, I'm blind >_>)

Also as I said, the WiiU thing made me lol.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am still just unbelievably pissed off at Nintendo.

You can show us some garbage Lego game that won't sell, but you can't even say a single word on Pikmin 3, when it has been three years since it was confirmed to be in development?

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I am still just unbelievably pissed off at Nintendo.

You can show us some garbage Lego game that won't sell, but you can't even say a single word on Pikmin 3, when it has been three years since it was confirmed to be in development?
    Yeah, that LEGO title. Reggie was like "We are happy to announce our first Wii U title to you here right now" but then it was a LEGO title. I could not believe it. How could they honestly think we would get excited over that? How did they not have a single first party title to show off?

~Made by me~

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Out of curiosity: Are the controllers of the Wii U going to be more expensive than the actual console? As of now, I think, 4 new Wii controllers would cost somewhere around $100. Does Nintendo expect people to pay $40-$70 for controllers?

This is assuming that they already don't, I wouldn't know; the last time I purchased a game controller was about two years ago.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Just found out that Cole MacGrath from the inFamous series is going to make an appearence on the PSV version of Street Fighter X Tekken.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Senior Member Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Daggers 122 - Mr Mime 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2011 05:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Honestly the only thing I would be proud to introduce would be a big name title.

Seriously ._.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

I'm seeing a lot of disappointment for Nintendo's new WiiU in this thread, why? I personally thought it was fantastic.

I mean you all got what you wanted, more hardcore games, better graphics, better online gameplay, and more third party games. The touch screen isn't even used as much as the DS's is, so it's more or less just there just in case. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it yo. Also The Lego game actually sounds like fun. There hasn't been a Lego game that I've disliked yet, so this one sounds promising to me. I think everyone is angry because there wasn't any big Nintendo games announced for it yet, but why should there be? We didn't know it existed until today, before that it was just rumors that have been flying around for 2 or 3 months (It might have been longer, but sue me). Instead of being the wave of impatient, selfish gamers who won't give anything a chance, just wait for it. Nintendo always brings something good to the party when they're invited, so just wait for it.

On another note, Bioshock Infinite looks great. and I love Zelda's new outfit in Skyward Sword.

Also did they say what Zelda game that was on WiiU? It looked like Twilight Princess only shinier and different. I don't remember that giant spider attacking in the Temple of Time lobby either.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by WiiU View Post
    Also did they say what Zelda game that was on WiiU? It looked like Twilight Princess only shinier and different. I don't remember that giant spider attacking in the Temple of Time lobby either.
    They didn't say anything. It's really just a tech demo.

~Made by me~

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I mean you all got what you wanted, more hardcore games
    I think everyone is angry because there wasn't any big Nintendo games announced for it yet
    lolwhat?
    Better graphics, better online gameplay, and more third party games. The touch screen isn't even used as much as the DS's is, so it's more or less just there just in case. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it yo.
    Oh, so it's just taking up a massive chunk of the controller space for no reason? That makes it sound even better.
    Also The Lego game actually sounds like fun. There hasn't been a Lego game that I've disliked yet, so this one sounds promising to me.
    HI, WE'RE NINTENDO, AND OUR MAIN SYSTEM SELLING GAME IS...Lego.
    I think everyone is angry because there wasn't any big Nintendo games announced for it yet, but why should there be?
    It's not like you buy a console to play good games on it or anything. It's not like people bought Xbox 360s to play Halo or PS3s to play Uncharted.
    selfish gamers who won't give anything a chance, just wait for it.
    I gave the Wii a chance. I was impressed. I gave iPod Touch games a chance. I was disappointed. I gave the iPad a chance. I was also disappointed. Also, [removed] WAITING. I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SEVEN GOD DAMN YEARS FOR PIKMIN 3. (one example)
    Nintendo always brings something good to the party when they're invited, so just wait for it.
    Not this year, I'm afraid. Or E3 2009.

Also did they say what Zelda game that was on WiiU?
    It was a tech demo.

Also, I do not take credit for this, but...LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY:
    Last edited by Skylar1; 06-07-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: swearing ]:<

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

lolwhat?

Oh, so it's just taking up a massive chunk of the controller space for no reason? That makes it sound even better.
    You're missing my point. It will be used, but not in every game. So saying it's just a gimmick doesn't seem to fit here.

HI, WE'RE NINTENDO, AND OUR MAIN SYSTEM SELLING GAME IS...Lego.
    Wait, get this! It just got announced. I don't think they need to show any games or gameplay just yet. Besides that they're focusing on the 3DS right now, since the games aren't....doing as well as they'd hoped. The games for WiiU are more likely to come next E3, closer to the release date.

I gave the Wii a chance. I was impressed. I gave iPod Touch games a chance. I was disappointed. I gave the iPad a chance. I was also disappointed. Also, F*** WAITING. I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SEVEN GOD DAMN YEARS FOR PIKMIN 3. (one example)
    As I said, there probably isn't going to be a Pikmin 3 on Wii. I's love to see a new one, but apparently it's not a priority...at all. I wish they'd just say it's cancelled or at least give some screen shots though. It'd be nice to know what's going on with it. But hey, maybe there will be a Pikmin 3 on WiiU (It hurts my soul to say that name). I can see the controls working really well for that and a new Mario Party.

Not this year, I'm afraid. Or E3 2009.
    I thought they did pretty good at E3 this year actually. Looking at Microsoft who was like "EVERYTHING MUST KINECT! KINECT4LYFE!" they did really good. Sony was somewhat boring to me. Maybe bcause they were like "Sony is unique because..." or "This sets Sony apart from others because...". Or maybe because I don't have a PS3. Ether way I nearly fell asleep during it. The Vita was cool until you realized it's a PSP+DS+iPhone. Then I got a little sad.

Moral of the story: Gamers are never satisfied.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I merged the other e3 thread with this one. better to keep everything to just one thread

Also, I understand that next-gen can bring out a lot of strong emotions in people, but lets try to keep the discussion civil, so it doesn't start a flame war.
    Last edited by Skylar1; 06-07-2011 at 07:49 PM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You're missing my point. It will be used, but not in every game. So saying it's just a gimmick doesn't seem to fit here.
    In Nintendo's main games, it's going to be used. You can almost guarantee that.

Wait, get this! It just got announced.
    Look what else got officially announced? PS Vita. What's coming out for that? Blockbusters such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Street Fighter x Tekken, LittleBigPlanet and an unannounced Bioshock game. Sure, it's coming out earlier, but in announcing these games they've established themselves a solid launch lineup. Nintendo absolutely failed with its 3DS launch titles and the same may happen here at this rate.

I wish they'd just say it's cancelled
    WOW, MAN. WOW. [removed] YOU.

But hey, maybe there will be a Pikmin 3 on WiiU (It hurts my soul to say that name). I can see the controls working really well for that and a new Mario Party.
    Oh god no. They will absolutely butcher the controls. I can see them doing something really stupid, like making the only way for you to throw Pikmin is through tapping the touchpad.

Looking at Microsoft who was like "EVERYTHING MUST KINECT! KINECT4LYFE!"
    While I agree, Nintendo was not much better. ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ORCHESTRA, ZELDA EVERY SYSTEM, ZELDA EVERYTHING. And WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU

Sony was somewhat boring to me. Maybe bcause they were like "Sony is unique because..." or "This sets Sony apart from others because...". Or maybe because I don't have a PS3. Ether way I nearly fell asleep during it. The Vita was cool until you realized it's a PSP+DS+iPhone. Then I got a little sad.
    It was pretty boring, however, the Sly 4 announcement won it for me. I do not recall them saying anything like that. They focused a lot on showing actual GAMEPLAY. And on Move, which I still think is also a gimmick. Also, "it was cool until I realized it's a PSP+DS+iPhone," are you kidding me? Nintendrone detected.

Moral of the story: Gamers are never satisfied.
    Moral of the story: Casual gaming has officially killed the gaming industry.
    Moral of the story II: Nintendo likes to [removed] over the most loyal of its fanbase. (specifically us Pikmin bros)
    Last edited by Skylar1; 06-07-2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: swearing

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

It was pretty boring, however, the Sly 4 announcement won it for me. I do not recall them saying anything like that. They focused a lot on showing actual GAMEPLAY. And on Move, which I still think is also a gimmick. Also, "it was cool until I realized it's a PSP+DS+iPhone," are you kidding me? Nintendrone detected.
    No they actually said a lot of stuff like that. However, I wasn't going to fault them because I know that Nintendo has always done the same thing.

~Made by me~

20. Likes Scruffy liked this post
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I cried.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well, Pikmin 3 is now pretty much confirmed to come out on the Wii U.

~Made by me~

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So I'm glad that at least this time Nintendo didn't try to keep it's controller a complete mystery.

I'm a little interested on how it will be best integrated with the two screens. My guess is that it basically works like a larger version of the DS.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I literally cried at dat announcement.

I had pretty mixed emotions. It's the 10th Anniversary of Pikmin. They never said a single thing about it at their main press conference. In fact, the only thing said was a really subtle announcement at a small roundtable discussion at E3, just like Pikmin 3's supposed "confirmed development" at E3 2008, and that development was actually MOVED to another console. This pissed me off. Miyamoto had said countless times that the Wii was "well suited" to Pikmin. He ignored us for three years after confirming its development, and we kept on hoping. Based on how little we have seen or heard about it, I don't believe it's going to come out anytime soon, not even as a launch title for the WiiU, and I seriously believe they're going to ruin it on the WiiU. Not only is the controller's layout atrocious, but I can see them implementing something such as "tapping the touchpad" in order to throw Pikmin, or shaking the controller to knock an enemy off Olimar. This is not the gameplay that made us Pikmin fans fall in love with the franchise in the first place.

I have lost a lot of respect and loyalty to Nintendo for this. They basically forgot about us. They shelve development on Wii and instead move it to the WiiU which is over a year and a half away. Somehow, they can show off a game that they aren't committed to and nobody was expecting like Luigi's Mansion 2, but they can neglect us fans who have been waiting over three years for an "official" announcement. I had no intention of ever buying the WiiU, but now I am forced to. Thanks, Nintendo.

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure how you can call the new controller "atrocious" even though you haven't actually used it yet. o_O

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Well think about this. They've been working on Pikmin 3 for...7ish years, so it'll probably be THAT good. Hopefully. Also, with the controllers being the way they are, I could see everyone getting 100 pikmin and doing their own business. A 4 player co-op Pikmin game? That'd be completely fantastic.

Also!
    +
    " title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video

">
    " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+
    "> " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+
    "> " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+

I'm completely satisfied now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information