AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What We Want in the Next Super Smash Bros.

Senior Member Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 Controller Bleach Urahara Hat
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2012 04:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LPHybridSoldier PSN ID: LPHybridSoldier

Default What We Want in the Next Super Smash Bros.

With E3 rapidly approaching, gamers all over the world are excited to see what they'll be playing in the coming year. Products like the Wii 2, MW3, and maybe even a Halo 4? Whatever the case, people are excited. Perhaps the most anticipated product is Nintendo's next console dubbed, Project Cafe. With the Gamecube and Wii, both came a new Smash Bros game. So will Nintendo be announcing a new Smash Bros at E3 this year? If so, this is what we'd like to see:

1. Let's Get Live
    I know, Smash Bros already had online, but if you ever played it, you'd know all it was was lag and poor connection. But, if Smash Bros had a good internet setup, it would be intense to play online. Maybe with this Project Cafe this won't be a problem?

2. Characters
    Ther are always endless conversations abou characters, which is considered one of the best parts about Super Smash Bros itself. But, what if a few characters didn't come back? I mean, I wouldn't mind not seeing Wario again, or i wouldn't be hurt if Game and Watch or Lucas didn't show. no offense to anyone who uses those characters, but that's just me. And of course, add some new charatcera like Cloud, Mega-Man, and Sora. But, all the new characters are from Nintendo, how about adding some characters from different series to spice up the game a bit. I know everyone here wouldn't mind seeing Naruto, Sasuke, or Ichigo hop in. We'd all love to see that fat plumber get caught in Sasuke's Amaterasu(sorry I'm not a Sasuke fan, I don;t know all his best attacks or whatever), or Naruto's rage as the 4-tails, or Ichigo's Bankai? THAT would be awesome. Maybe add in other characters from other series like Master Chief(God, I wish), Shadow, and some different Pokemon as some examples. Here's an example of what I mean.

There's better ones out there if you just look around youtube, I've seen some crazy Ichigo hacks.

3. Keeping secrets
    With Brawl, on the Dojo, they released every detail. They never gave us any surprises. Which, this time around, should be different. Maybe they should, keep some secrets and let us find some gems in the game (terribel wording, but you get it. I'm tired.)

I've named only a few characters, so tell me what other characters YOU think should be on the next Smash Bros. I bet we'll see some intersting ones.

Anyway, thoughts on this? Tell us what you think should change, stay the same, or add/get rid of entirley.

Hopefully, with a new console, comes a new Smash Bros. Here's to wishful thinking!

Member Rowland is on a distinguished road Rowland's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2011 09:01 PM
    Threads

Default Re: What We Want in the Next Super Smash Bros.

They should keep to the Melee formula, as in how the game feels and works. Brawl was too slow and floaty.
    The items should be changed to be less gimmicky like banana peels for "tripping"and team healers are redundant.
    Obviously yeah a much better online play, try to model off a real fighting game like SSF4's online.
    But on characters, just more interesting Nintendo people and maybe add some more Sonic people and or 3rd party characters. But please, no Anime characters.
    What I would honestly like to see is Nintendo Vs. Capcom of seeing the Nintendo All Stars in a more tradition fighter style.
    But ehhh I given up on Nintendo. "Wii U" is stupid and 10 years later they make Luigi's Mansion 2 and it's on the 3DS!!

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Anime characters will never happen. Only video game characters, specifically video game characters that have appeared on Nintendo consoles. That is the requirement.

And no, I really would mind seeing Naruto in SSB4. I really strongly dislike Naruto, and with the chances of other annoying characters (such as Bowser Jr.) making it into the game, we don't need anymore. But I'm not worried, Naruto won't happen.

What I want from SSB4:

Character Additions:
    -Isaac from Golden Sun (I would say Matthew alternatively, but as of right now Isaac is still the most prominent character from the series)
    -Paper Mario - I know, everybody hates alternative versions of other characters, but Paper Mario has the potential to be so much different. In fact he really couldn't be a clone of Mario because he attacks much different from regular Mario - for example Paper Mario does not shoot fireballs. There's a whole lot that could be done with him.

That's it from who I'm currently requesting to be added. With Isaac, I require it. There is too much potential there, and I will not settle for him being an AT again. Especially not with this set of games. And if he is a 3DS SSB character, he better be transferable to the Wii U version. I need to see Isaac in HD.

Otherwise, I'd say if at all possible bring back Mewtwo and Roy. Mewtwo because, well, you can't scrap it for some random fourth generation Pokemon. Mewtwo is the "final boss" legendary of the first generation. Roy because I liked him. He could be an alternative costume of Marth, I don't care.

Character Modifications:
    Pokemon Trainer: Just one modification - Alternate costume. There needs to be an alternate costume for Leaf, if possible. Red is not the only possible Kanto protagonist, despite what Brawl and HeartGold/SoulSilver want you to believe.
    Luigi: He's been in since the beginning, but since then he has had his own game, and even appeared in an RPG series with Mario. His special moves (aside from maybe B-side and B-Up) should be changed to reflect the Luigi's Mansion series and also the Mario and Luigi series. I could see his B move being thunderhand, and also some use of the poltergeist for another B move or two. He already isn't much of a clone, but there need to be some adjustments.
    Ganondorf: Seriously, change his moveset. He's not Captain Falcon.
    Toon Link: He's fun to play in the game, but it's very annoying that he isn't unique. There's so much that could be done to reflect The Wind Waker and other games that he has appeared in.

There are other characters that have clonish tendencies, but they aren't characters from series I'm too familiar with.

That's it for me. The character roster is all that matters... Lol. Not completely, but that is the selling point of the franchise.

~Made by me~

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

I usually can't stand these kinds of threads, because it leads to some random person yelling about random anime characters that they think should be included. I'm not calling anyone out in particular, but I'll just wait for it to pop up because I know it will.

Anyway...
    Characters:
    Baby Mario/Baby Luigi (works the same way Ice Climbers do)
    Dark Samus, Rundas, Gandrayda, Adam (from Other M), or a younger Samus. Samus and Falcon are the only characters so far to appear in every Smash game and not have anyone else from their series in it.
    Paper Mario
    Louie (Pikmin 2)
    A Younger Zelda/Sheik combo
    Viewtiful Joe. That I think would work out perfectly in so many ways.
    Black Shadow or Blood Falcon (needs more F-Zero)
    Bowser Jr or the other Koopalings. They might work well for Assist trophies, so skip that.
    Ike replacement.

Modes:
    Character Customization. I don't mean like making your own Mii with moves and crap, that won't work out well for anyone. I mean outfit customization and stuff.

Adventure. I loved the Melee Adventure mode and the subspace, but they should be two different modes all together.

Survival. Pretty much every fighting game ever has this, except Smash Bros. Pretty self explanatory.

4 player home run contest. The original was fun, Two player HRC was better. Why not keep going?

6-8 player fights!

Other stuff:
    As much as I did like Melee, I don't think they should try to repeat what they did with it. Each Smash Bros game has had it's own art style, physics, and theme so far plus more. I'd like to see them keeping it new and fresh, rather than making a "Super Smash Bros Melee DX Directors Cut 100% FC Expert Guitar Pros Only + Combos". Don't get me wrong, Melee might be my favorite one yet, but there's no need to make another one. And besides, you see what happened when they tried to balance Brawl; Meta Knight shot to the top and Diddy wasn't far behind. Not to mention all the infinites you can pull off with Ice Climbers...

Also the online on Brawl wasn't that bad. It wasn't fantastic but it certainly pleased me. Fighting games and lag sorta go hand in hand anyway so what can you expect. I play it online nearly every day (actually like 3-4 times a week depending on how busy I am), and people are complaining over nothing. Maybe it's just my awesome Internet speed or something.

Replays longer than 3 minutes plz.

Something I think would be very cool is if you could switch between physics engines. Like you can choose the new one, Brawl, Melee, or SSB64's physics and tweak them to your liking. Maybe even send them to friends so they can play too.

Also DLC. Downloadable event matches, modes, characters, outfits/costumes, etc. There's a pretty huge market for dlc in Smash bros, they just have to do it. They don't even have to do it right tbh.

Can I say more? Yes. Will I? No.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information