AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Zombie Survival

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Zombie Survival

I watch Zombieland to get my info from there. ._.' I just think if I kick arse, I'm good to go.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000
    1) Swords are for baby-men. In Soviet Republics, all zombie killing is done with state-issued sledgehammers.
    Barbaric. Denied.

2) Katana aren't particularly durable. Even if you do get a new one made of decent metal (unlike the historical katana) that is actually made for killing with a decent tang you are still getting a thin piece of metal that's tasked with cutting through bones and god-knows-what-else all day. If you simply must wield a sword you'd be better off with a broadsword or a longsword.
    If we're simply talking about cutting through flesh and bone; so long as the katana itself is a well-made one, it's durability is undeniably linked to the skill of the one who uses it. If they're of a high enough level, you can slice your way through a great deal of flesh and bone with little to no difference in effectiveness.

Broadsword is cool though. If you're strong enough to handle it effectively, all the more power to you.

3) Since half of the people in this thread are beawoos, wielding a sword makes you infinitely more dangerous to yourself and any loved ones you may or may not be with in the event of a zombie apocalypse. You aren't ninja or samurai, pick up a golf club and start swinging.
    No argument here. Still a tad on the barbaric side though. If we must though, let's at least try to do it with some style.
    Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 06-06-2011 at 10:48 AM.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
    Barbaric. Denied.
    Zombies are knocking at your door and you're concerned with style? I'll take the simple, effective weapon that smashes heads in like overripe melons over a sharp stick any day.

If we're simply talking about cutting through flesh and bone; so long as the katana itself is a well-made one, it's durability is undeniably linked to the skill of the one who uses it. If they're of a high enough level, you can slice your way through a great deal of flesh and bone with little to no difference in effectiveness.
    Katana aren't even made for slicing through bone, they are made for leaving big cuts in people that they'll bleed out of. Zombies don't bleed out and bone damages thin pieces of metal. Now, if you had some hypothetical perfect swordsman that can always slash between neck vertebrae and behead zombies all day, it's not an issue, but for everyone else you're going to need a European sword at the very least, since they are built with enough weight and durability that you can deal with bones a little easier, even if it is less effective then any serious bludgeoning weapon.

Broadsword is cool though. If you're strong enough to handle it effectively, all the more power to you.
    European swords being heavy is something of a myth. Even claymores were only 5-7 lbs., one handed swords are going to be considerably less.

No argument here. Still a tad on the barbaric side though. If we must though, let's at least try to do it with some style.
    Style < Not getting your face eaten off by a zombie. Although I'd actually conceder the image of an angry man smashing zombie heads in with a lead pipe to extremely stylish. The only way Zombie Apocalypse threads are fun is if we take them seriously, and pretending you're Ruroni Kenshin is not taking them seriously.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2011 11:22 PM
    Threads

Yeah... really if you're going to poop all over the thread just don't post.
    I'd say a 5-7lb sword would start getting awfully heavy when you have to haul it everywhere all day in your hands, even more so if you have to slay zombies here and there. Stamina wise, it'll be very, very difficult. As for the one hand swords... can they decapitate at least a hundred zombies without getting too blunt?
    The good thing about either spears or bayonets is that they can penetrate skull even when they are blunt and don't tax your stamina too much either. Also they tend to be considerably easier to carry. And if you've got a bayonet, you can attach it to your rifle (assuming they're compatible) so you can choose to either stab or shoot depending on the circumstances.

Camping, backpacking, zombie survival and language study!

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I'd grab plenty of ammunition, an M-60 machine gun, high-powered sniper rifle and lock myself in the nearest supermarket.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Red*~ View Post
    I'd grab plenty of ammunition, an M-60 machine gun, high-powered sniper rifle and lock myself in the nearest supermarket.
    Let's just hope your Supermarket is not a glass complex, or the sort that would basically display you as food to the zombies. If you want to go with a store for your lock-down place aim for a building with less windows, at least those not easily accessible from the outside. That way the zombies wont catch a glimpse of you, and if they somehow notice your presence and swarm your hideout, they don't just walk through the large glass doors.

Do remember that most food within the markets will spoil fairly soon after the power goes. Perishables must go first.

I wouldn't recommend a machine gun, as it's a waste of ammunition. I'd suggest going for a semi-auto rifle. I may not know guns inside and out, but with a semi-auto rifle you are less tempted to waste ammunition on full auto. You need one bullet per head, not twenty in the body.

As a final nitpicking note; go for a main weapon that has ammunition that is easily accessible and preferably not too heavy if possible. Your high powered sniping rifle becomes little more than a heavy club (and a dangerous one at that) after it's ammunition runs out- and you can't feed it ammunition you can find in a civilian store.

Just a few thoughts, as I like to know people will make it through when (IF) the Z-Day comes. =D

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Senior Member Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Gimp Black Beauty LesPauls 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2011 01:44 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: NMoose

I would ride a unicorn and be the worlds saviour. GO GO UNICORN RAINBOW PUKE

But if zombies became a reality, wouldn't their bodies rot after a days in the sun? With no food or water? (because they won't, y'know, drink or eat anything but humans.) But humans would, after a while, turn into limited goods. So... I would actually stay at some sort of safehouse for about a week or two, in case of bad or cold weather. But again, this all depends on the weather. But it will eventually happen, so... Yeah.

In emergencies, I'll just saddle up and hit the streets with my unicorn.

~sig by me o3o^ Miyavi ftw~

~Thanks to Seung-li for the awesome sig!~

PM me! Befriend me! I don't bite... Hard.

My Tumblr! - Follow me for awesomeness!

Add me on KakaoTalk! My ID is NorwegianMoose!

Closed Thread

Thread Information