AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So Many New Facebook Games, What's Your Choice?

Banned Forum / Chat cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2011 01:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default So Many New Facebook Games, What's Your Choice?

Recommend New Facebook Games in June. 2011 http://www.bbgsite.com/socialgames/c...e-2011,1.shtml
    So Many New Facebook Games, What's Your Choice?

A Mystical Land

A Mystical Land is a new multi-platform MMO. In A Mystical Land, players will journey through the land of Ardent, filled with monsters, magic and mighty warriors. You know,
    all that good stuff you can thank Tolkien and Dungeons and Dragons for. Unlike previous Facebook MMOs, this one in particular will soon bake Facebook right into the game,
    allowing players to post milestones to their Walls and add Facebook friends from within the game

Global Warfare
    Global Warfare transports you to a near-future world of geopolitical turmoil, a future where formal governments have been dissolved in favor of a new world order of warring
    city-states. As a General, you will be in charge of your own city and army while, establishing alliances to assist in rebuilding your city and battling for global domination.

Little Cave Hero
    Little Cave Hero is a game that borrows heavily from others, yet still manages to feel fresh and interesting. It sports the pixelated style of classic adventure and role-playing
    games, but with gameplay that resembles social-style treasure hunting games. And when you throw in a unique puzzle element and a snarky, self-referential sense of humor,
    you end up with a game that's as funny as it is fun.

Battle Pirates
    Battle Pirates is a Facebook game that gives you a base to build and warships to create. Build defenses, walls, and outfit your ships with different weapons and armor as you
    complete quests or battle other users on the game map.You can Command fleets, build your base and battle other players on the high seas!

N.O.V.A. ELITE
    N.O.V.A. ELITE brings the universe of the popular sci-fi first-person shooter to Facebook players for free online.Jump into intense multiplayer battles against players across the
    world of equal skill, thanks to the matchmaking system that ensures fair play.Create your own group of fighters and challenge your friends.Grow stronger as you climb the
    leaderboard and earn skills and currency to spend on special items. Develop your specialized role by equipping weapons and armor that optimizes your fighting abilities.

What's your choice?

2. Likes SuXrys liked this post
    Senior Member 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Shuriken Bleach Urahara Hat Death Note
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 11:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: So Many New Facebook Games, What's Your Choice?

I don't play facebook games. And there is a very simple reason for that. facebook is a socializing website NOT a gaming website. so why the hell would i play games on facebook when i could go to a gaming website to play games...

well there is one exception I do like playing robot unicorn attack on facebook instead of on adultswim because me and my friend Robby like to compete for highscore.
    check out my youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/lukarthus?feature=mhum

humans annoy me, imperfect creatures are so bothersome.

Banned Forum / Chat cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame has much to be proud of cocogame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2011 01:01 AM
    Threads

Usually I spend lots of time in Facebook, some game on it are nice.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A mystical land seems interesting. Reminds me of another internet game that I have forgotten the name on know. But you could be a little character who walked around, digging coal and then did missions.

The only facebook games that I play on the moment is farmville and resturant city - it's a good way of killing time when you have nothing else to do.

Thank you for the tip! Do you know when it will be added on facebook?

Haha oh nooo... more posts on the walls ^_^

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Junior Member jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2011 04:05 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bratushka Steam ID: Jimmyzen

The thing with FB games and any of the FB apps is that when you click the thing to use and access them you are giving whoever is supplying the app or game full permission to access and use everything on your FB pages. It over-rides whatever privacy settings or access restrictions you have set up. Some people don't care, but others do. It may just mean you get more SPAM and special types of advertising. But as marketing companies get trickier and smarter about finding out information about you, who knows where it could lead? If you never did before, read what you are allowing them to do. They can use your pictures or copy something you wrote or somebody wrote to you. As soon as you click "accept" you have given your permission.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@jimmyzen

Welcome to the sociaty of today ...
    Big brother is watching every step you'll take.

I read what it says sometimes, but other times I don't. I know it's really bad and I have such bad excuses for it aswell.. like "it's to much to read and I don't feel like it". I guess the day that I do get something bad from this is also the day when I will start to do what I already should be doing - reading conditions probarly. But until now that day hasn't come yet so for a bit longer the stupid and lazy me will just click on "accept".

Do you always read what the agreedment are saying?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Junior Member jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2011 04:05 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bratushka Steam ID: Jimmyzen

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    @jimmyzen

Welcome to the sociaty of today ...
    Big brother is watching every step you'll take.

I read what it says sometimes, but other times I don't. I know it's really bad and I have such bad excuses for it aswell.. like "it's to much to read and I don't feel like it". I guess the day that I do get something bad from this is also the day when I will start to do what I already should be doing - reading conditions probarly. But until now that day hasn't come yet so for a bit longer the stupid and lazy me will just click on "accept".

Do you always read what the agreedment are saying?
    Sometimes I actually do. There can be actual entertainment value in them at times. Some EULAs even stipulate you can't say anything bad about the game or app and you can't say bad things about the company. Others are just ridiculous. Once you've read them a few times they are all pretty much the same. On sites like Facebook or anything that's a free service they are getting paid somehow. It is often advertising space but the big bucks is specific customer information. If you are company A and you have a set amount to spend on advertising and you are selling, say fishing gear, if you target your advertising dollars like aiming a shotgun and just spread it all over, you aren't going to get a high percentage of your target audience. Sites that cater to fisherman can charge a premium because they have an exclusive, ready made audience. Now, a site like FB with some 500,000,000 users world wide is a HUGE audience! Just by numbers alone, no matter what you are selling, there are potentially more customers there than any specialty site. But how to figure out who is into what? So you entice people to "reveal" themselves. You give them games to play be it virtual farms or so-and-so just answered a question about you. See yourself as a cartoon. All you have to do is let us snoop and see what information we can find. And that's what the trade off is. You are never told what is done with the information. Your profile lists everything about you- education, interests, hobbies, books, music, political views, religion, etc. All they need do is sift through and see who is into what. Then they can go to an advertising firm and say "we have 250,000 members who fish for sport all the time and another 100,000 who fish regularly, and another 100,000 who fish occasionally." Then for a price per head they either direct or allow third parties to direct advertising to members who fit the profile the seller wants. That's the basic setup and any variation of that you can imagine can be and probably is used.

I say this half joking, but suppose your smiling picture ends up being used to advertise a product or service you don't want to be associated with. Think of some of the products advertised on late night TV that cater to men's inadequacies. Or flip it and you are a woman and your smiling face is hawking the next itch relief cream or intestinal relief yogurt. You gave permission! Suppose you come up with a great saying like [poop] happens! or a great T-shirt design. Guess what could happen?

Another thing is bots. people and places send them out over the Internet. A favorite target is harvesting email addresses from forums and blogs. User names are another. In my case on every forum I belong to I am either jimmyzen or bratushka. Harvest enough data and compile user IDs and it won't be very hard to accurately figure out all my interests. Leave a piece of info here, another scrap there and like you said- you get to the point of saying what's the point? Awhile back I wrote in a thread in another gamer/tech blog that I was getting a new computer and was going to get Windows 7 Ultimate 64 for the operating system. Over the next two weeks I got a half dozen emails with offers of Windows 7 Ultimate really cheap. Of course they said they were "educational copies". "developmental versions" and all this other nonsense. They all went on to say because of the types of programs they were I couldn't register them or get any upgrades or patches. In other words they were bootleg copies. I knew where they came from because I use all 5 email addresses my ISP allows. I use one only for forums like this so anything I get that was sent to that address I know where it came from. Another is only for paying bills, banking, business and professional use. Another is for eBay and shopping. Another is for friends and family. The W7 offers came to my forum address so I know a bot was harvesting for software titles. Granted, those guys were crooks, but legit groups can do the same thing. of course, places still sell or -ahem- "share" information with partners and affiliates. Since those are already 3rd parties of whom you have no idea who they are, you can't even guess what they can and will do with the info shared with them about you.

The bottom line is technology is way out farther ahead than most people can even remotely understand, especially lawmakers. It isn't a crusade but i do like to share reminders with people about what they open themselves up to. Some don't get and others don't care. Me? At this point I have more life behind me than in front of me. My life is pretty well an open book in that what secrets I do hold are not written down and no photographs exist. I've taken too many trips around the block and still don't take crap from anybody so I'm a tough sell. If I don't want to go, you ain't gettin' me in the car! Period. But, there is still intelligent life out there. There are still people who can think and if you give them information they can and will use it. That's all I can hope for.
    Last edited by jimmyzen; 05-31-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyzen View Post
    I say this half joking, but suppose your smiling picture ends up being used to advertise a product or service you don't want to be associated with. Think of some of the products advertised on late night TV that cater to men's inadequacies. Or flip it and you are a woman and your smiling face is hawking the next itch relief cream or intestinal relief yogurt. You gave permission! Suppose you come up with a great saying like [poop] happens! or a great T-shirt design. Guess what could happen?

There are still people who can think and if you give them information they can and will use it. That's all I can hope for.

No, you are right in all that you are saying. For instance am I a person who will think more regarding those things now because your posts made me think. Sure I have been thinking about it before but it came to that point when you just stopped care about it because you didn't feel like going threw every little paragraf and every little sentence time and time again, and threw every new window that came up. I know that is a really bad excuse but I think it's easily done to start feel that way. But not you have remind my of how important this is so I thank you for that.

I just read that facebook wants to start a new type of commercial that they will send to you and that commercial will be based on your friends updates on the page and that they also in the near future will start a function that can recognice/ identify members faces by their photos.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They are releasing Civilization for Facebook. Seems interesting

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

None.

12. Likes ACBlackJ0ck liked this post
    Member zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2023 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I had a facebook once upon a time and it was Mafiawars. x] There's no reason for it other than for passing the time.

I draw and make jewelry. @studioalatus on instagram/inkblot/tumblr/TikTok www.studioalatus.com Etsy shop: https://etsy.com/shop/alatuscove

Member Gideon Jeremiah is on a distinguished road Gideon Jeremiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2013 05:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gideon_Jeremiah Steam ID: gideonjeremiah

I've never actually tried a Facebook game before.
    I suppose if they come out with something similar to Gyromancer, with a competitive aspect, than I would at least try them.

Senior Member Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2013 11:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spp67

The only facebook game I have played even though it would not be considered new would be IamPlayr. ( yes that is how it's spelled ) only real reason they have acted scenes in which they are the funniest things I have ever seen.

Junior Member YamiNikku is on a distinguished road YamiNikku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2013 12:42 PM
    Threads

Candy Crush Saga! It's sooo FRUSTRATINGLY addicting!!
    Also, The Grinns Tale is a pretty decent game. I've been playing for like the past couple of months! It has RPG and Town Building elements.
    Just search for "The Grinns Tale" on Facebook and it should take you to their community site.

Junior Member Ludumix is on a distinguished road Ludumix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2013 10:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ludumix Steam ID: Ludumix

I don't play many Facebook games, but when I do, I play Tetris Battle.
    It gets addicting. :P

18. Likes Darkazdevil liked this post
    Senior Member zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2014 06:24 AM
    Threads

I used to play boomz with my gf before and now I only play 1 fb game which is Criminal Case.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information