AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to Start?!

Member GhostInTheMachine is on a distinguished road GhostInTheMachine's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2012 07:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Where to Start?!

Sooo... I'm obvious as to which I should start. Obviously, we have the 26 (I think) EP series, then, if I heard correctly, Death and Rebirth, and finally, End of Envangelion. Here is where I get REALLY confused.

We have the movies Evangelion 1.0 You Can (not) Advance, Evangelion 1.01 You Are (not) Alone. And NOW there are movies under the same titles only under 1.11 and 2.22. What are the differences between these films and where do I start? And why is it taking so long for the other movies to come out!? (I heard there are 4)

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Where to Start?!

Start with the series. It's the original form of everything.

Death & Rebirth is more-or-less a recap movie of the series. You can skip this, or just watch it after you watch the series.

After the series (and after D&R if you decided to watch it) watch End of Evangelion. The end of the series is very abstract, whereas EoE is very concrete.

The Rebuild of Evangelion movies (1.0, 2.0, etc) are remakes of the series as the creator originally intended it to be, but he was bound by budget constraints. There's going to be four Rebuild films, two of which are out so far. The original films are just "1.0" and "2.0", while "1.01", "1.11", "2.0", and "2.22" are just variations of them...the same thing, but with slight changes. Watch these last.

And, lastly, the reason it is taking "so long" for the remaining Rebuild films to come out is that they are actual films. They have large staffs, large budgets, and incredibly high quality animation and artwork. Like any other large-budget animated film (see: anything by Disney, Pixar, or Dreamworks), it takes several years to simply produce one. And in addition to this, GAINAX is still creating new animated series. The schedule is for one Rebuild film every 2-3 years.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 05-14-2011 at 06:08 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Member GhostInTheMachine is on a distinguished road GhostInTheMachine's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2012 07:57 PM
    Threads

I see! This handy thanks for the clarification. I just ordered the movie 1.11 but *may* return it and just get the series, but I am interested in watching the movies (if they are worth watching). But If I am going to watch the movies, I need to get, 1.01,1.11,2.01, and 2.22? As they are remakes of 1.0 and 2.0? And lastly, if there are four movies, 1.01,1.11,2.01, and 2.22 isn't that four? Unless 1.01 is the sequel to 1.0 and 2.01 is the sequel to 2.02? Sorry if I am making things more confusing, but I'm completely confused but want to watch it ><

Oh and I guess I'm not used to the length, I mostly buy series all at once, so I guess I'm not used to the wait ^^;
    Last edited by GhostInTheMachine; 05-14-2011 at 06:50 PM.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

No, those aren't the the other two movies.

There's going to be Rebuilds 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0.

1.01, 1.11, 2.02, and 2.22 are just alternative versions of 1.0 and 2.0. The only differences are slight changes in the animation of some scenes, or even silly things like characters outfits in some scenes. GAINAX likes to needlessly update their crap.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information