AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GUNDAM on Cartoon Network

Senior Member Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2014 02:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default GUNDAM on Cartoon Network

This might be going a little old school on you guys, but I kind of miss the days when Gundam Wing used to air on Cartoon Network in th 90's. The nostalgia is kicking in big time, especilly since I haven't seen it in so long and have very little memories of the episodes, only that they were dark but sooo addictive!

Q: Do you folks think Mobile Suit GUNDAM should be aired on Cartoon Network again, including its many other series?
    Last edited by Digimon__Sommelier; 05-13-2011 at 11:42 PM.

FrownieBrownie [Feiry] smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Gifts Melon Pan Witch Hat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2013 07:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: supersmile1010

Default Re: GUNDAM on Cartoon Network

The last Gundam Series that aired in Cartoon Network, i.e. Adult Swim, was Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, which was back in 2002-2003. The ratings weren't good for that so thats why they haven't been showing any Gundam Series since then. As for Wing was actually aired in 2000 during Cartoon Networks block called Toonami (edited for the day time watch and uncut for the midnight showing.) The uncut version was actually aired in 2001.

In my opinion they just need to finish showing Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny and they need to start dubbing over Unicorn. Wing was a huge blast from the past but as for airing it back on television, it's basically obsolete. Being that the animation and isn't as modern and new as the lastest Gundam series that they've released. Then again Wing was aired 10 years ago in the U.S. and 16 years ago (1995) in Japan. For it being so "retro" i guess is the best way to put it, the story line never fails to capture my attention. This is a series to watch over again, regardless of it's aged animation.
    Once again, amazing props to the talented Paprika!!

This smile kills....

3. Likes battousai_ryuu liked this post
    Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by smile1010 View Post
    they need to start dubbing over Unicorn
    Unicorn is already been dubbed. It's a simultaneous worldwide release.

Well if they can get the rights from Syfy, airing Gundam 00 in CN will be a good move I think. It's still recent and the whole show is now localized. Maybe this time without cutting off some scenes like what they did in Syfy.
    Last edited by Admiral Muffin; 05-14-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Magical Llama Man Ryuu battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Batmobile 1989 Batmobile Animated Jaguar XKR
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 12:19 PM
    Threads

I'd personally love to see them bring back Gundam Wing uncut for a short stretch on Adult Swim, I know however that is unlikely to happen but one can dream right?
    Set made by the Wonderfully talented Yukari :3
    "You are slow, even when falling..."
    BLEACH
    Father(/mother O-o): Ryutama
    Mothers: Mikuchuu & SuXrys
    Older Brother to:
    Keena Aya Ashikaga
    Miki~
    Xey Oiz

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cookie Paperclip Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2014 11:28 PM
    Just down from the House of Crosses in Alabama.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Personally I loved Gundam Wing, and most of the UC Mobile Suit Gundam Series. If they brought any of them back, I may start watching CN/AS again. Though I'd really want to see them should the MS Igloo series. It's massively short, but still good for any hardcore (and some light) fans. I could settle for some un-cut classic Gundam though.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

Senior Member Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2014 02:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smile1010 View Post
    1. they just need to finish showing Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny and they need to start dubbing over Unicorn.

2. Wing was a huge blast from the past but as for airing it back on television, it's basically obsolete. Being that the animation and isn't as modern and new as the lastest Gundam series that they've released.

3. Then again Wing was aired 10 years ago in the U.S. and 16 years ago (1995) in Japan. For it being so "retro" i guess is the best way to put it, the story line never fails to capture my attention. This is a series to watch over again, regardless of it's aged animation.
    1. I'm not in a rush, but I'd like to see UNICORN have a little run on TV. The thing is, though, why does everything have to look so shiny in anime these days, especially a character's skin. WTH... old school anime (less shiny stuff but a person's eyes and maybe a lake)= definitely better.

2. Gotta disagree there. Watched episode 1 of Gundam Wing two nights ago...so many goosebumps!

3. Agreed. Legendary anime, but that's to be expected: it's an original GUNDAM series...after the original...after the original...you get it.

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out...
    Last edited by Digimon__Sommelier; 05-16-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

As much as I love Gundam Wing and there are a good number of other Gundam series I really like, I actually don't want them to be re-aired on Cartoon Network unless Toonami is brought back as well.

I could watch GW in a vacuum and enjoy it but I just couldn't watch it on CN without thinking of how much fun I had watching it as a kid during Toonami's block. The lack of awesome promos during breaks would make the experience incomplete for me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information