AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help

Member whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2011 11:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default help

I wish to watch tenchi muyo in order so i dont get confused but i have notices that there are different types and names for it. out of these what order do i watch them??

Seina Yamada
    tenchi in tokyo
    tenchi muyo - pretty sammy
    tenchi ova
    tenchi muyo - ryo-ohki 3 ova
    tenchi universe
    tenchi - mihoshi special ova

quick reply would be really helpful thanks

Junior Member Jibril is on a distinguished road Jibril's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2011 07:10 AM
    Threads

Default Re: help

There is no "in-order" for the whole batch per se. There are several continuities that pretty much have nothing to do with each other other than using the same set of characters.

OAV Universe:
    Tenchi Muyo Ryoohki OAV (eps 1-7) - released 1991-2
    Tenchi Muyo Ryoohki OAV2 (eps 8-13.5) - 1993-4
    Tenchi Muyo Ryoohki OAV3 (eps 14-20) - 2003-5ish
    Tenchi Muyo Ryoohki GXP (26 ep TV series) - 2002 iirc
    Iseki no Seikishi Monogatari aka Saint Knight's Tale (13 episode OAV) - 2009-10
    Various Novels and doujins.

This is the original universe created by Masaki Kajishima (MK) and Hiroki Hayashi and continued by MK after OAV1. OAV1,2,3 follow the Masaki family. GXP is it's own show follow Seina Yamada and his group in the same universe (with some cameos from the main Tenchi cast). Iseki no Seikishi Monogatari is also MK's product, following Tenchi's little brother Kenshi around after he gets flung into another dimension.

Mihoshi Special (1 episode) - 1994
    This product stands alone. After the sucessful OAV, it served as a trial run to gauge interest in both Tenchi Universe and Pretty Sammy spinoffs.

Tenchi Universe Continuity:
    Tenchi Universe (26 ep TV show) - 1995
    Tenchi Muyo in Love (1st Movie) - 1996
    Tenchi Muyo in Love 2 : Tenchi Forever ("3rd" Movie) - 1997
    Tenchi Muyo in Love 2 : Tenchi Forever - Eternal Memory (Manga accompanying 1st movie)

Tenchi Universe is a reboot, taking the OAV characters and pretty much replaying the situation with diluted characters for television. It followed by two movies by the same director (Hiroshi Negishi).

Tenchi In Tokyo Continuity:
    Tenchi in Tokyo (26 ep TV Show) - 1997

Stands by itself.

Tenchi the Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness (Japanese Title:Manatsu no Eve)
    Despite the purely western-attached title, it's not a sequel to the first movie but rather the film adaption of Hasegawa's 10th novel. She wrote 12 novels in all, based on the OAV1 universe but branching off from there, they were never translated or bought over here.

MAGICAL GIRL PRETTY SAMMY OAV[/SIZE] (3 episode OAV) - 1996
    Stands by itself. This one is where Chihiro is Sasami's mother and Tenchi her brother.

Magical Project S (26 episode TV show) - 1997
    Stands by itself. She has different parents than in the OAV (mother has pink hair) and Tenchi isn't her brother in this one.Sasami: Magical Girls Club

Sasami: Magical Girls Club - (26 episode TV show) - 2006
    Yet another alternate universe. This was was supposed to have a second season of the same name but with "2" attached but I'm not sure it ever came out.

And there you have it. All the major, animated universes covered. I recommend the OAV myself, ignoring GXP. Saint Knight's Tale is a decent watch... but not necessary as it is it's own story pretty much.
    Last edited by Jibril; 05-11-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Member whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007 is a splendid one to behold whereswally007's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2011 11:17 PM
    Threads

Thanks for your help.

I got up to episode 13 and it was a good anime but i got bored with it and stoped but thanks for your help

Junior Member Jibril is on a distinguished road Jibril's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2011 07:10 AM
    Threads

No problem, which Tenchi were you watching btw?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information