AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Digimon

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Digimon

I remember watching but I don't remember the story at all. I played one of the games on DS though. Might rewatch it now for nostalgia's sake.
    Senjougahara Fascination

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroLT1 View Post
    Digimon was my whole reason for waking up Saturday mornings.
    Affirmative. I all but went super ape when Season 2's summer promos were running over a decade ago. lol

@genesic123 : Finally! Someone who loves Xros Wars as much as I do, hoorah! I like both arcs and think the whole Power Rangers-way-of-Digivolving thing worked out fine!

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out...
    Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 09-22-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Junior Member Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2011 06:21 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FlaredBird2

I watched the entire first season, but I lost interest when the second season came along. But when TAMERS arrived, my interests were renewed. I watched all of the episodes from that season, and it's my favorite of the Digimon series. However, when I saw Digimon Frontier, I saw that the human characters acquired Digimon traits or something. I dropped it after seeing a few episodes. I haven't gone back to see how things are going along.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Godzilla : Well, to help you catch up to all that's gone down, new chosen kids have reverted back to having Digimon as partners for around two seasons now (5 and 6) and in Digimon Xros Wars (Seasons 6, 7, and now 8 as of Oct. 2011), they've adopted the equivalent to the Pokeball (it's called a Xros Loader, with Xros pronounced Cross, and it can store Digimon inside it for a nondescript amount of time). Also newly incorporated into Digimon is a Power Rangers/GUNDAM way of Digivolving, turning the central group of good-guy Digimon into a powerful, sword-wielding mecha-type Digimon, which is pretty hardcore for a show once looked as a rip-off that wouldn't make it far.

Which it has. The English dub, Digimon: Fusion Battles, is now in production and being considered by the Mouse House (Disney) for North America, a premiere date undisclosed.

Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 09-30-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Junior Member Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla is a splendid one to behold Godzilla's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2011 06:21 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FlaredBird2

I'll try to catch up then.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Godzilla : Please do. There's tons more to see from this epic franchise, which took the axe of cancellation and broke it in two! I'm gung ho that the writers went the route of making each season different, although, on that note, I would like to see some familiar faces return to the show, not just the original Digimon themselves appearing in certain episodes of newly-produced seasons.

It's good to see that so many childhood viewers, now grown adults, have remained lifelong fans of this truly legendary anime.

Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 08-13-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Member genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2013 08:15 PM
    Threads

Wow,Thanks for the reply.I like how in season 6 that evolutions do not drag on,the emphasis on tatics rather than always on brute force,cool original characters and many improvements made such that i believe that the Digimon franchise will last many years to come.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Digimon will indeed last for a long time... I got a surprise for everyone. ;o

Season 8 is here this October!

It's called Digimon Xros Wars: Hunter Boys Xrossing Time! Thank you and goodnight, everybody!

Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 09-30-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Junior Member Hellscythe is on a distinguished road Hellscythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2011 04:01 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Yull Hellscythe XFIRE ID: Xangrn

I grew up watching that. Only watched the first 3 seasons.
    Tried watching xros wars and just lost intrest after episode 15 unfortunately.
    It felt as if it was lacking something.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It was lacking a Season 8, which premieres in Japan this October!!! lol

You know, it seems to get better with every new season, or at least have something new and intriguing to offer as the years roll on, as opposed to the repetitiveness of *hakk* certain rivals. And there's more coming, as the upcoming 7th season makes it way to television screens this Fall.

Also: This, my friends, is my 100th post. *jigs* Now I'm a Senior Member, woot-woot!? Digimon forever!

My 100th Wi-Fi, it's gone out...
    Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 09-30-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Junior Member Ichigo! is on a distinguished road Ichigo!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2011 10:37 PM
    Threads

Aw i love Digimon! I'm still watching it today (Xros Wars) It's good to see some people are still watching it. I never really hear anyone talk about anymore. TT_TT Not to mention when we did a panel about it at a convention. Everyone there only watched season 1 really.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo! View Post
    Aw i love Digimon! I'm still watching it today (Xros Wars) It's good to see some people are still watching it. I never really hear anyone talk about anymore. TT_TT Not to mention when we did a panel about it at a convention. Everyone there only watched season 1 really.
    Likely because a lot of Digimon fans (like myself) found the later series less and less interesting (much like Pokemon became less and less interesting as it progressed) and consider the first (and possibly second, since the universes are canon) series to be the best ... that, and also because they are the 'original' seasons.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo! View Post
    Not to mention when we did a panel about it at a convention. Everyone there only watched season 1 really.
    Most of the Digimon fans I've bucked up have at least seen both Adventure (Japanese) series (Seasons 1 and 2, for North America viewers) and consider them to be the best ones. I haven't met anyone who just watched the 1st Season and that's it. I wonder what other shows they stopped watching after the first year... *short attention spans, hmph*

I do agree about "the other mon" series, though. Pikachu and his gang lost a bundle of their appeal after a while. The anticipation for Ash becoming Pokemon master has spiraled down to hopes that the show ends soon before it gets truly cataclysmic. 2012, give us a Series Finale, please...

Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 09-30-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

i useto like the show but that was when i was around 14-15

Member Ichilicious is on a distinguished road Ichilicious's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2016 05:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've always liked Digimon better than Pokemon.

Member Geräusch has a brilliant future Geräusch has a brilliant future Geräusch has a brilliant future Geräusch has a brilliant future Geräusch has a brilliant future Geräusch has a brilliant future Geräusch has a brilliant future Geräusch has a brilliant future Geräusch has a brilliant future Geräusch has a brilliant future Geräusch has a brilliant future Geräusch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2012 01:53 AM
    Threads

The series is still ongoing ? I didn't know that, I stopped watching it after Digimon Frontier.

Is the new series any good ?

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time, the eighth overall season of Digimon is currently airing on TV Asahi. The wiki pages have the seasons all screwed up. Can't believe the "geniuses" that edit it without citing reputable sources, thereby confusing countless fans of the series. Xros Wars has aired three seperate seasons under its umbrella.

Thank goodness for that guy folks call Som... What a lifesaver...

Your Wi-Fi, it's blown out...

Member Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14's Avatar
    Gil
    Stuck
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2012 09:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jconn004

I love Digimon. That and Pokemon was my childhood. Seasons 1 and 2 were purely classic and awesome in all aspects. I personally loved seasons 3 and 4 because ****Spoilers**** (just in case lol) A) Season 3 was soooo cool with the card powerups, and also the endings with the Bio-Merge which I think, in essence, led to the idea for season 4. And B) Season 4 was AWESOME with the idea to become a Digimon. I always wanted to do that after watching that season....Digimon Forever!

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

i rember that show when i was younger and i liked it
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Member Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14's Avatar
    Gil
    Stuck
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2012 09:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jconn004

Quote Originally Posted by Ichilicious View Post
    I've always liked Digimon better than Pokemon.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, take it easy there, partner! You don't wanna upset the natural Pokemon ruling balance of the world now do you?
    But nah, I see where you're coming from, and in some aspects, I agree. But I do still love Pokemon equally. It's a difficult tie for me.
    "Overall Cuteness: Maximum Output"

Senior Member Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2012 11:25 AM
    Threads

Ye Gods, I had completely forgotten about this series. Christ I would have been five or six when I first started watching it on the telly... It, and Pokemon, were what I watched in my childhood, though I can barely remember anything other than fragments... I believe I stopped watching not too long after the movie came out in 2000... I know I used to love the series, lol... I think I'm going to need to watch at least the first bit of both series now that I've been reminded of them... For nostalgia sake...

I will say, however, that now that I'm looking back at this stuff... their creativity with naming the different creatures (in both Pokemon and Digimon) was sorely lacking...
    Last edited by Saeriel; 02-12-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Set made by the wonderful Seung-li.

"Everyone tries to define this thing called Character. It's not hard. Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking."

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Observer View Post
    I love Digimon! Although after the first two seasons, the show goes downhill...):
    I couldn't agree more. I loved Digimon up until season three came out, falling short of my expectations.

Season two is my favorite because I really liked how they started off with a human antagonist. The introduction of spires and spores turned out to be an interesting concept. I was also glad that Kari and TK were apart of the new digidestined, so thankfully the original characters weren't completely forgotten about, even the retired members.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Season 3 of Digimon Xros Wars, titled The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time, has concluded as of March 2012. It's been speculated that Season 4 (the ninth season of DGMN in total) is on its way, and I'm WAY pumped for that!!

I really, REALLY hope that Digimon gets a Season 10. We're 2 series away, baby!! Let's get it!

Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 04-28-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Member Xel is on a distinguished road Xel's Avatar
    Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2012 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xelphus

Digimon S1 was the first anime I was able to watch all the way through, but going back I find it hard to believe it was only 50 episodes

Junior Member Sideswiper is on a distinguished road Sideswiper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 07:33 AM
    Threads

Agreed I never knew until recently that there were only 50 episodes

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information