AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tatami Galaxy

Member berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2012 01:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Wink Tatami Galaxy

The second I started watching this anime, I loved it. The characters are all fun and interesting, the art is very stylish, and it holds a pretty good message.

For those of you who have never heard of it.. basically, at the end of every episode the main character thinks "I wonder if things would have gone better if I made THIS choice"... it rewinds and then the next episode they play through it again with his new choice. Sounds kind of boring and repetitive right? Well, it never got boring even for a second for me, and I was expecting it to.
    To get a better feel for the anime, here is the trailer:

It's a little misleading to what it's really about buuut.. oh well. ;;>>

So, anyone else watch this anime? Sound interesting to anyone? Oh, and I have to say that I absolutely love Ozu. xD;
    Last edited by berry doll; 05-05-2011 at 03:41 PM.

2. Likes Souhi liked this post
    Senior Member Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2012 03:55 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Tatami Galaxy

I haven't watched it :/ What's the plot to it? Does it seem to have some specific story going on or is it just a piece of life anime with a twist? :P

Member berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2012 01:37 PM
    Threads

Pretty much a slice of life anime with a twist. -nodnod- :3
    .. but if you ask me that title doesn't give justice to how amazing it was. >>

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I adored the really stylized, loose and clean animation style of this series for one thing. I have no clue why I didn't finish it sooner. The story and plot in particular never get boring to me either, with it's cyclical nature. Kudos to Masaaki. Great direction. Really engaging and thought provoking without being overbearing with great characters. What really had me remembering the series (though I finished it like...2 months ago. Regardless..) was the ending. It actually tied things up nicely leaving few loose ends. A rarity.

That and the opening's by AKFG for god's sake. It could've sucked and I would've watched it.

EDIT: Was a fan of Akashi myself.
    Last edited by Souhi; 05-05-2011 at 04:08 PM.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information