AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Sims 3 Thread

Member Sandeula has a reputation beyond repute Sandeula has a reputation beyond repute Sandeula has a reputation beyond repute Sandeula has a reputation beyond repute Sandeula has a reputation beyond repute Sandeula has a reputation beyond repute Sandeula has a reputation beyond repute Sandeula has a reputation beyond repute Sandeula has a reputation beyond repute Sandeula has a reputation beyond repute Sandeula has a reputation beyond repute Sandeula's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cosmic Heart Compact Moon Crystal Locket Eternal Moon Article
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2012 01:55 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pinkricebunny90

Default The Sims 3 Thread

Welcome to the game I love the most.

COMING SOON Showtime new expansion pack

some info:
    Additions: New careers (singer, performer, magician, DJ), new objects, new sim traits/lifetime wishes Features: Social features, building venues, singing, rising to fame, gigs, new 'Achievement System', Simport - sending Sims to friend's games, new world - Starlight Shores

release date
    • NA March 06, 2012
    • EU March 09, 2012

The Sims 3 is a 2009 strategic life simulation computer game developed by The Sims Studio and published by Electronic Arts. It is the sequel to the best-selling computer game, The Sims 2. It was first released on June 2, 2009 simultaneously for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. The Sims 3 was released to home consoles on October 26, 2010, for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, iOS and Nintendo DS and later the Wii platform on November 15, 2010. There is also a Nintendo 3DS version, released on March 27, 2011, as one of its launch titles. It has also been released for mobile phone platforms, and a simpler version for mobiles with Java.
    The Sims 3, an instant success, sold 1.4 million copies in its first week. Critics issued mostly positive reviews. The Sims 3 gained an 86/100 score from aggregator Metacritic.[8] The game has sold over ten million copies worldwide since its 2009 release, making it one of the best-selling computer games of all time

released:

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Default Re: The Sims 3 Thread

The Sims 3 is such a mixed bag.

It really feels like the Expansion Packs are lacking. Aside from Pets, of which there are some minor issues, but they are overlooked compared to Generations where it's just a few items and interactions that should have been in the base game instead of being charged $40 for. Generations should have never been released. There was a lot that could have been done with it, but none of that was done. It's such a waste, and should have been added in a patch.

Showtime looks bad. I already have Late Night. Showtime is Late Night with social features. I don't need social features, and if they're going to redo Late Night, perhaps this time they should fix the one thing I hated about Late Night - adding a woodwind/brass instrument. All other families of instruments are represented. No excuses this time.

I honestly wish Showtime would blow up in their faces. Nobody wanted Late Night 2.0. They wanted Seasons... or anything that wasn't rehash of an Expansion Pack that we already have for this very game. I want this EP to do bad. EA needs to learn. Just because they don't have any competition doesn't mean they can cheat us out so badly.

~Made by me~

3. Likes solidarmor liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I love the sims 3... But I only have the base game..

Sims two I had almost every expansion...

Ambitions and generations looked promising.. But I hear they are not.. I still don't know what to get. I really want the ability to play the piano back again. Only having a guitar sucks bawls...

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...cussion-Thread

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

I would have to agree with @Bassoonista , the Sims 3 EPs are so weak compared to Sims 2. I just didn't seem the point of them and some of them were rather boring to me.

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I love the sims 3... But I only have the base game..

Sims two I had almost every expansion...

Ambitions and generations looked promising.. But I hear they are not.. I still don't know what to get. I really want the ability to play the piano back again. Only having a guitar sucks bawls...
    The Sims 2 I had every Expansion Pack, and I even bought University twice because my first CD got too scratched up.

The Sims 3 I only have Late Night and Pets.

Late Night is what you want if you want a piano. It adds a one.

Generations has a good theme, but a bad execution. The theme is adding stuff for each lifestage, but in the end it's just a few random objects, interactions, and more rabbithole features. I assume the Expansion Pack wasn't what EA wanted it to be. They had little faith in it themselves, 'leaking' the Pets trailer alongside the Generations one (we all know that was intentional). Pretty clear what they were going for with that 'leak' - Generations is not going to cut it, show Pets (number 1 requested EP) so they'll get distracted. The advertising also reflected their lack of faith in it. They stuck in random objects like spiral staircases that the fanbase wanted really bad. In places the spiral staircase was more advertised than actual features of the Expansion Pack. They wanted to keep people from seeing the actual quality of Generations.

I mean, when fart jokes and other pranks are one of the main features of Generations, something is wrong with the Expansion Pack. Pranks were a very small side feature in The Sims 2's University Expansion Pack. Not to mention, absolutely nothing was done for babies. Kids still can't play musical instruments. They added dating, but it's a rabbithole feature. University was absent as well (which was something that really should have been added for young adults).

Generations adds some stuff that I actually wanted, like strollers. But I can't justify spending $40 on a stroller.

~Made by me~

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    The Sims 2 I had every Expansion Pack, and I even bought University twice because my first CD got too scratched up.

The Sims 3 I only have Late Night and Pets.

Late Night is what you want if you want a piano. It adds a one.

Generations has a good theme, but a bad execution. The theme is adding stuff for each lifestage, but in the end it's just a few random objects, interactions, and more rabbithole features. I assume the Expansion Pack wasn't what EA wanted it to be. They had little faith in it themselves, 'leaking' the Pets trailer alongside the Generations one (we all know that was intentional). Pretty clear what they were going for with that 'leak' - Generations is not going to cut it, show Pets (number 1 requested EP) so they'll get distracted. The advertising also reflected their lack of faith in it. They stuck in random objects like spiral staircases that the fanbase wanted really bad. In places the spiral staircase was more advertised than actual features of the Expansion Pack. They wanted to keep people from seeing the actual quality of Generations.

I mean, when fart jokes and other pranks are one of the main features of Generations, something is wrong with the Expansion Pack. Pranks were a very small side feature in The Sims 2's University Expansion Pack. Not to mention, absolutely nothing was done for babies. Kids still can't play musical instruments. They added dating, but it's a rabbithole feature. University was absent as well (which was something that really should have been added for young adults).

Generations adds some stuff that I actually wanted, like strollers. But I can't justify spending $40 on a stroller.
    Not an EP, but you played Medieval? Jesus, the game is fun at first but then it gets just so repetitive, it's not even funny.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Did they bring pool slides and diving boards back yet???

I wanted those too. Also I heard in one you actually get to control what your sim does in school how did that play out? I've always wanted to see what the inside of the school buildings looked like..

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Art Tools
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 04:03 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: iLLyNada

Guilty of using cheats D:

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by illu View Post
    Guilty of using cheats D:

All hail the motherlode!!! ;p opps

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Not an EP, but you played Medieval? Jesus, the game is fun at first but then it gets just so repetitive, it's not even funny.
    Nah. I knew it wasn't really ever going to be anything I wanted. I got really annoyed by how they spent so much time advertising Medieval that it took them forever to announce Generations. Of course, in the end Generations was no good, but it was still annoying how long it took to find out about the next EP.

This time last year we were completely out of the know on what the Spring Expansion Pack would be just because of Medieval. We already know the EP for this upcoming Spring. It's been announced, in fact. Generations hadn't even been remotely leaked to us. It was first 'leaked' in February, where all we had was a title.

Did they bring pool slides and diving boards back yet???

I wanted those too. Also I heard in one you actually get to control what your sim does in school how did that play out? I've always wanted to see what the inside of the school buildings looked like..
    They're not back yet.

What you heard isn't correct, by the way. I don't believe the school will ever be opened up. First they need to bring us back restaurants and stores.

~Made by me~

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nah. I knew it wasn't really ever going to be anything I wanted. I got really annoyed by how they spent so much time advertising Medieval that it took them forever to announce Generations. Of course, in the end Generations was no good, but it was still annoying how long it took to find out about the next EP.
    It was no only repetitive but it was limited as hell when it comes to customization. The missions were pretty much boring, and it felt the same, click this and click that blah blah blah.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I miss building restaurants... I've gotten a few bad dates because it's so hard to please a sim.. you have to like take them to the movies and THEN feed them and pay attention to them.. I used to could take them to a community lot, feed them, dance, hit on them, play some pool etc. and have a ballin' date... Now I gotta fork out $60.. and most of the time a movie ain't even playin.. the hell? And if my date don't see a movie then my date is just a "you drug me out just for THAT?!?!" failure of a date :[

It also irks me how fast sims eat.. I used to make a point in sims 2 that everyone in the family would at least have 1 meal a day together.. but now person 1 is done eating before person 2 sits down.. and person 3 sits down in the most random place?!?! ugh >___>
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 12-13-2011 at 09:47 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*sees this thread and purrs like a cat*

*purrs again*
    Last edited by SuXrys; 12-13-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Member Ichilicious is on a distinguished road Ichilicious's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2016 05:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The Sims 3 is pretty fun. I have The Sims 3 for PS3.

Senior Member Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts Santa Hat Cheeseburger Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2012 02:46 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blazing Taokaka PSN ID: Zelkovas_Moon

Yeah I'm a total lamo for this game and own it on the ps3 ^^ but it's still fun. I used cheats ONCE just to see what it did. . . oh boy lol
    Did I tell you to look at me? No? Good then get the hell away from me.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Who plays this on a console???? Ughhhhh I can' never imagine playing the game on the PS3.... That's just horrible (;A

Man that must succck to have to play it on a game console than a PC

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Who plays this on a console???? Ughhhhh I can' never imagine playing the game on the PS3.... That's just horrible (;A

Man that must succck to have to play it on a game console than a PC

Why do you think so?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post

Why do you think so?
    You cant download customs, and the controls must be insanely difficult to enjoy yourself with ;___; I tried playing it at a friends house.. Didn't go over well

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wonder if EA will ever port the expansions for The Sims 3 to consoles?
    I'm on a never-ending quest for friendship, especially close friendships.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ichilicious View Post
    I wonder if EA will ever port the expansions for The Sims 3 to consoles?
    No. They make them as standalone games.

~Made by me~

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No. They make them as standalone games.
    Yeah, I know.
    I'm on a never-ending quest for friendship, especially close friendships.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information