AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: My rant on Pokemon

  1. #1
    Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    80.88
    Gender
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 04:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Threads
    8
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    47

    Default My rant on Pokemon

    Pokemon (to me) has always been one of my favorite anime and it's series of games has always been on the top of my list for gaming. All this talk about the 3DS and Pokemon Black/White has brought back an old problem I always had with Pokemon.



    I WANT A CONSOLE POKEMON GAME!!!!!!!

    To be more specific I want an ADVENTURE Pokemon game for my Wii. The days of Pokemon handheld gaming brings joy to me. I loved the thrill of the adventure, not knowing who you may encounter, or better yet what Pokemon you might see. I love the thrill of knowing that if my Charizard can't beat this Hitmonchan I'm battling then I will be redirected to the closest Pokemon Center for treatment and have to make the journey back to wherever I was. I want to fight the Elite Four on my TV with my console.

    Pokemon Stadium wont "do" for me because it's not adventure, everyone picks level 100 Pokemon and we see who can get the luckiest. Colosseum was almost as bad. The thing that I hate the most here is there's no surprises. I enjoy a random encounter, I WANT to be able to catch/train my own pokemon without "snagging" them. Gale of Darkness is also the same route it seems....

    I often think of the many ideas that Nintendo could have if they made a Pokemon game for a console that was an adventure one. I think it would be cool to have players get online, all start off from the same spot in a town and race to catch/train/compete against the game and each other. An online game like this would keep me occupied for, well, forever :P ..I would love to be able to train my pokemon to complete against real trainers online in a tournament like the Indigo Plateau.

    I know this is all up to Nintendo and they would rather make remakes like Madden with an updated roster and a few new things to toy with, than go through the works of creating a true console Pokemon game, why would they? They still make bank on the handheld market...

    Anyway this is all ranting and wishful thinking, but I still wish..

  2. Dislikes KillerDragonX disliked this post
  3. #2
    The Palmtop Tiger Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash's Avatar
    Gil
    101,038.77
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Alice Be Mine
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    22
    Threads
    211
    Posts
    6,603
    Blog Entries
    105
    AW Wallpapers
    32
    Rep Power
    12221
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Already done.... Research before you post....

    Pokémon Stadium

    Original release date(s):
    JP April 30, 1999
    NA February 20, 2000
    AUS March 23, 2000
    Release years by system:
    1999-Nintendo 64


    Pokémon Stadium 2

    Original release date(s):
    JP December 14, 2000
    NA March 28, 2001
    AUS 2001
    Release years by system:
    2000-Nintendo 64


    Pokémon Colosseum

    Original release date(s):
    JP November 21, 2003
    NA March 24, 2004
    AUS June 24, 2004
    Release years by system:
    2003-GameCube


    Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness

    Original release date(s):
    JP August 4, 2005
    NA October 5, 2005
    AUS November 15, 2005
    Release years by system:
    2005-GameCube


    Pokémon Battle Revolution

    Original release date(s):
    JP December 14, 2006
    NA June 25, 2007
    AUS November 22, 2007
    Release years by system:
    2006-Wii
    List of console games.... and to top off your rant.. A console adventure game..

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%...%27s_Adventure

    So there you go.. A whole list of console games [first argument]

    And a console adventure game. And for the Wii nonetheless


    [I'm Gloomy]

    今日...明日...永遠に...

    Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr | Buy Artisan Crafts (Paintings & Vectors on Etsy)
    >>>Enter the WOTM<<<
    Theme: Pokemon


  4. Likes KillerDragonX, Foxy, GameGeeks liked this post
  5. #3
    Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    80.88
    Gender
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 04:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Threads
    8
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Already done.... Research before you post....



    List of console games.... and to top off your rant.. A console adventure game..

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%...%27s_Adventure

    So there you go.. A whole list of console games [first argument]

    And a console adventure game. And for the Wii nonetheless
    Had you read my post, you would of seen that I addressed those games...
    Last edited by Jewunit; 04-24-2011 at 06:51 PM.

  6. #4
    The Palmtop Tiger Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash's Avatar
    Gil
    101,038.77
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Alice Be Mine
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    22
    Threads
    211
    Posts
    6,603
    Blog Entries
    105
    AW Wallpapers
    32
    Rep Power
    12221
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    You only mentioned 2.. out of the 5 I posted.... 6 if you include pokemon Stadium 2... I gave you a list of console games... [First half of rant] and provided a link to an adventure game

    your argument.. invalid.
    Last edited by Rainbow Crash; 04-24-2011 at 06:52 PM.


    [I'm Gloomy]

    今日...明日...永遠に...

    Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr | Buy Artisan Crafts (Paintings & Vectors on Etsy)
    >>>Enter the WOTM<<<
    Theme: Pokemon


  7. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
  8. #5
    Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    80.88
    Gender
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 04:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Threads
    8
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    You only mentioned 2.. out of the 5 I posted.... 6 if you include pokemon Stadium 2... I gave you a list of console games... [First half of rant] and provided a link to an adventure game

    your argument.. invalid.
    Pokemon Stadium wont "do" for me because it's not adventure, everyone picks level 100 Pokemon and we see who can get the luckiest. Colosseum was almost as bad. The thing that I hate the most here is there's no surprises. I enjoy a random encounter, I WANT to be able to catch/train my own pokemon without "snagging" them. Gale of Darkness is also the same route it seems....
    That would be 4 because of Stadium having two titles. You mentioned 5, therefor your post is invalid...

  9. #6
    The Palmtop Tiger Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash's Avatar
    Gil
    101,038.77
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Alice Be Mine
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    22
    Threads
    211
    Posts
    6,603
    Blog Entries
    105
    AW Wallpapers
    32
    Rep Power
    12221
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Either way you are avoiding the fact that I already gave you a link to an adventure game which still defeats the purpose of this thread because both console games exist AND an adventure game for the wii...

    Didn't see the 3rd.. and you only highlighted 3 so it's still 3 not 4. so 3/5.....


    [I'm Gloomy]

    今日...明日...永遠に...

    Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr | Buy Artisan Crafts (Paintings & Vectors on Etsy)
    >>>Enter the WOTM<<<
    Theme: Pokemon


  10. Likes Foxy, GameGeeks liked this post
  11. #7
    Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    80.88
    Gender
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 04:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Threads
    8
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Either way you are avoiding the fact that I already gave you a link to an adventure game which still defeats the purpose of this thread because both console games exist AND an adventure game for the wii...

    Didn't see the 3rd.. and you only highlighted 3 so it's still 3 not 4. so 3/5.....
    Simply enough put you fail. You don't count one either because of ignorance or that fact that you're backpedaling because you're wrong. Stadium 1 and 2 are same thing, updated rosters... NOT TO MENTION THE WHOLE POINT OF MY POST... THEY'RE NOT ADVENTURE DAWG.

  12. #8
    The Palmtop Tiger Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash's Avatar
    Gil
    101,038.77
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Alice Be Mine
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    22
    Threads
    211
    Posts
    6,603
    Blog Entries
    105
    AW Wallpapers
    32
    Rep Power
    12221
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jewunit View Post
    Simply enough put you fail. You don't count one either because of ignorance or that fact that you're backpedaling because you're wrong. Stadium 1 and 2 are same thing, updated rosters... NOT TO MENTION THE WHOLE POINT OF MY POST... THEY'RE NOT ADVENTURE DAWG.


    I didn't count stadium 1 and 2 because well you didn't talk about the second one... So I didn't count it and yeah I actually did miss the Colosseum one because you had a 5 word sentence about it. Easy to miss.

    They were in response to this remark:


    Quote Originally Posted by Jewunit View Post
    I WANT A CONSOLE POKEMON GAME!!!!!!!
    So you wanted a console game? Okay I gave you a list saying they existed. So what if you talked about them. Don't make that statement if you know already.

    Then you said this:


    Quote Originally Posted by Jewunit View Post
    To be more specific I want an ADVENTURE Pokemon game for my Wii.


    So then I told you about this game for the Wii

    PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure

    Publisher(s) Nintendo
    Series Pokémon
    Platform(s) Wii
    Release date(s)
    JP December 5, 2009
    EU July 9, 2010
    AUS September 23, 2010[1]
    NA November 1, 2010[2]
    Genre(s) Action-adventure
    Mode(s) Single-player


    So in the end you lost this argument. I show you console games and an adventure game for the Wii. Give up.


    [I'm Gloomy]

    今日...明日...永遠に...

    Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr | Buy Artisan Crafts (Paintings & Vectors on Etsy)
    >>>Enter the WOTM<<<
    Theme: Pokemon


  13. Likes Foxy, GameGeeks liked this post
  14. #9
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    3,334.46
    Gender
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2013 08:56 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Age
    26
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    4,791
    AL Lyrics
    1032
    Rep Power
    12260

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Your rant simply wasn't specific enough. All you ranted was you wanted an Adventure Pokemon game for the Wii, as though there is none right now, while in reality there IS.

    What you were TRYING to rant, was that you wanted a Wii counterpart of the handheld Pokemon games. Well, you wrote that as an example/wish rather than part of your original rant.

    Next time, try making a wish thread instead of a rant thread, and say something like "Wouldn't it be nice if there's a game where blah blah..."

  15. Likes Token Black Guy, GameGeeks liked this post
  16. #10
    Senior Member Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista's Avatar
    Gil
    5,305.31
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inpain
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2014 05:15 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Age
    25
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    986
    Rep Power
    659
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 1924-2316-9778-0248

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Troll or not, I would have liked to have seen a game like the TC was mentioning.

    Pikachu's PokePark Adventure or whatever in the world it is called is clearly not what the TC was suggesting. I remember I tried that Hey Pikachu! game on the Nintendo 64 and it was...bad... PokePark Adventure is a different game from that, I know, but the fact that I've never heard about it leads me to believe that it is nothing spectacular.

    The TC wants a Pokemon console game along the lines of the main portable series. For that, I would actually suggest Pokemon XD. I have never played it, but I heard it had an adventure mode.

    However, I have seen reasons as to why a console game like the portable ones isn't likely to happen at all. Although I don't remember the specific reasons, sorry. xD However, I do know why the "All five regions should be put in one game" suggestion that many make isn't feasible - Pokemon Levels. In the third region (or before) everything would become Lvl. 100 and that would be no fun. =(

    ~Made by me~
    (It's actually of my bassoon!)



  17. #11
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    3,334.46
    Gender
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2013 08:56 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Age
    26
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    4,791
    AL Lyrics
    1032
    Rep Power
    12260

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonist View Post
    However, I do know why the "All five regions should be put in one game" suggestion that many make isn't feasible - Pokemon Levels. In the third region (or before) everything would become Lvl. 100 and that would be no fun. =(
    Yep, arguments and trollin' aside, I do agree that a console version of the handheld games would be cool, especially if it's a confluence of all the regions. One way to solve the level problem would be to increase the level cap, but I strongly doubt if they would even consider that.

  18. #12
    Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    80.88
    Gender
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 04:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Threads
    8
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonist View Post
    Troll or not, I would have liked to have seen a game like the TC was mentioning.

    Pikachu's PokePark Adventure or whatever in the world it is called is clearly not what the TC was suggesting. I remember I tried that Hey Pikachu! game on the Nintendo 64 and it was...bad... PokePark Adventure is a different game from that, I know, but the fact that I've never heard about it leads me to believe that it is nothing spectacular.

    The TC wants a Pokemon console game along the lines of the main portable series. For that, I would actually suggest Pokemon XD. I have never played it, but I heard it had an adventure mode.

    However, I have seen reasons as to why a console game like the portable ones isn't likely to happen at all. Although I don't remember the specific reasons, sorry. xD However, I do know why the "All five regions should be put in one game" suggestion that many make isn't feasible - Pokemon Levels. In the third region (or before) everything would become Lvl. 100 and that would be no fun. =(
    Thanks for the reply. You're right in the fact that what I'm asking for isn't a cheap knockoff that some people consider to be what I'm asking for.

    None of the games listed above are true adventures like the handheld generations are/were. They're made cheep for a quick profit and have no where near the success of the hand-hald games. The reason for this is (as you stated) things like facing off with Level 100 Pokemon is simply boring. I enjoy the thrill of training my Pokemon in a system to where you have to push them to get past your next obstacle. Gale of Darkness seems to be the most "adventure like" and the most random encounters you can have in the game is less than 10, whereas in the handheld genre you have 10X more easily.

    Nintendo doesn't want to put in the effort though. They can make a big profit by simply having the name "Pokemon" on a game. There is no need (to them) for the works to include a console/adventure like game it seems.

    ---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    Your rant simply wasn't specific enough. All you ranted was you wanted an Adventure Pokemon game for the Wii, as though there is none right now, while in reality there IS.

    What you were TRYING to rant, was that you wanted a Wii counterpart of the handheld Pokemon games. Well, you wrote that as an example/wish rather than part of your original rant.

    Next time, try making a wish thread instead of a rant thread, and say something like "Wouldn't it be nice if there's a game where blah blah..."
    I have no idea what you're talking about. If the word rant, instead of wish is the reason that this thread is utterly full of mostly junk then "my bad"... I thought I made myself clear enough. I put a picture of a handheld game, as well as specifically said it by using examples from the handheld games.... but if that is my fault, "my bad"

    To be more specific I want an ADVENTURE Pokemon game for my Wii. The days of Pokemon handheld gaming brings joy to me. I loved the thrill of the adventure, not knowing who you may encounter, or better yet what Pokemon you might see. I love the thrill of knowing that if my Charizard can't beat this Hitmonchan I'm battling then I will be redirected to the closest Pokemon Center for treatment and have to make the journey back to wherever I was. I want to fight the Elite Four on my TV with my console.
    Last edited by Jewunit; 04-24-2011 at 09:05 PM.

  19. #13
    Senior Member Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912's Avatar
    Gil
    115.38
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Gifts Daggers 122 - Mr Mime 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2011 05:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    mentally? firing rockets at people
    Age
    18
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    724
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    eh... do I really need to point at a certin accessory for the gamecube. Simply request a simular accessory for the Wii or rumored Wii2.

    Seriously ._.

  20. #14
    Awaken Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1's Avatar
    Gil
    1,521,640.89
    Gender
    My Mood
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2011 09:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Age
    23
    Threads
    303
    Posts
    3,410
    Blog Entries
    123
    Rep Power
    5631

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    I for one, enjoyed Pokemon Colosseum as it was taking the series in a slightly more novel direction with a somewhat more unorthodox approach.

    you have to remember something here: pokemon has been around for a very very long time, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. You're always going to see the re-hashed titles on the handhelds, and people will always buy them. But I think it's somewhat premature to say that Nintendo has no intention on taking the series in new directions, (after all, surprises is what Nintendo is good at, isn't it?)

    ^by Hakuchuumu^

    ^Xey Oiz^

    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

  21. #15
    Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    1,673,128,509,202.58
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Gene Tonic
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2014 11:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York, United States
    Age
    33
    Threads
    196
    Posts
    13,735
    Blog Entries
    10
    AW Wallpapers
    1
    AL Lyrics
    2
    Rep Power
    1002398
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Keep it civil. If your post is gone, I am sure you can figure out why.

  22. #16
    BOW BEFORE YOUR CHAT OVERLORD! Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog's Avatar
    Gil
    48.33
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Hedgehog Pokedex
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2014 01:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Threads
    15
    Posts
    79
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    I gotta say, a Pokémon game for the Wii (an actual big, console RPG JUST like the handheld games) would be pretty sweet.

    The thing is, although it might be fun for awhile, it'd probably fail. You see, there's an effect called the Polygon Ceiling where a game jumps from 2d/2.5d to 3d and utterly fails. This has happened, most famously, to Sonic the Hedgehog.

    I see what Jewunit is saying; He wants a console version of Pokémon. He doesn't want to battle, he doesn't want to play minigames or purify dark pokemon. He wants, simply, Black/White on console. He wants to catch pokemon, and face trainers to level them up to face the elite 4, just like on the handhelds. Honestly, I kinda do as well.

    But I think a a full console Pokémon adventure would invoke the Polygon Ceiling, and ruin it all. The games are good enough on the handhelds, and it'd just be too weird with the Wiimote.

    Before I go, i'd like to give Jewunit some advice: If you're talking about a Pokémon adventure on Wii, try asking for an RPG. Less trolling.

  23. #17
    The Palmtop Tiger Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash's Avatar
    Gil
    101,038.77
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Alice Be Mine
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    22
    Threads
    211
    Posts
    6,603
    Blog Entries
    105
    AW Wallpapers
    32
    Rep Power
    12221
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Gotta learn to be specific. o.O

    Anyways transferring the Pokemon games from the handheld to console would be a disaster anyways. I'm not sure about you but if I had to play Super Mario World. Pokemon White etc. in 3D I'd explode. Because you know if they transfer to the Wii it'll be in 3D because every Nintendo game is 3D on the Wii just about..

    This is one of those if you get what you ask for it won't always be great sort of things.

    Naughty Dog gave a brilliant example of that.


    [I'm Gloomy]

    今日...明日...永遠に...

    Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr | Buy Artisan Crafts (Paintings & Vectors on Etsy)
    >>>Enter the WOTM<<<
    Theme: Pokemon


  24. #18
    Diabolus, the Archvile Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    9,611.36
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2011 12:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    I am a citizen of the universe.
    Age
    23
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

    Just get a DS bro.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Pokemon Emerald Vs. Pokemon Platinum
    By Ericgamer1 in forum Video Games
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 06:30 PM
  2. Pokemon - Pokemon Harahara Relay
    By Rizuchan in forum Lyric Corrections
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 10:05 AM
  3. Mezase Pokémon Master - Pokémon
    By Auron Sigerthel in forum Lyric Corrections
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:07 PM
  4. What's better, Pokemon Sapphire or Pokemon Ruby?
    By Sexy Angel in forum Video Games
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 08:24 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 03:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts