AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My review of DearS

Senior Member Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 Controller Bleach Urahara Hat
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2012 04:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LPHybridSoldier PSN ID: LPHybridSoldier

Default My review of DearS

Well, after only about a week of learning that the manga called DearS existed, I watched all 13 episodes and read all 47 chapters.... Is that sad or impressive? I'm leaning towards sad -.-"

Well anyway, I'm going to get right to it. With DearS, for me, it was a bit iffy... I mean I think they could've done it a completely different direction, and I think they should've. I loved Ren especially, and also characters like Miu and Takeya. But it seemed a bit repetitive with Ren doing something wrong and Takeya getting angry. There was the occasional "intimate" moments. Which I liked. It brought Ren and Takeya closer together, but unfortunatley those were rare. And also like how *SPOILER ALERT* Miu falls in love with Takeya and they also had some moments.*END OF SPOILER* And to be honost, I really did not like the ending. I wished it was different.... It pissed me off how *SPOILER ALERT* Takeya goes off to space and leaves Earth! WTF is up with that?! But Takeya said he would come back... Hopefully it would be only like a year or so...*END OF SPOILER* I guess the ending could set up like a DearS 2 kind of thing. Which in my opinion would make up for this ending. There were funny parts and also sexy parts which really hooked me to this series. It's just the ending that bugs me... Which makes this a bittersweet series for me. But that's just me. But Ren is on my all-time favorite girls and characters in anime/manga. I just love her curious personality and how she can be a little dumb at times. But she was cute, sexy, and sweet. And same goes for Miu. I liked how sweet and cute she was too. For this series I give it an 8 1/2 out of 10 (maybe a 9..) And as I sit here typing this I just help but feel as if the ending could've been better. It left questions like *SPOILER ALERT* (I think these might qualify as spoilers, sorry if they don't!) What the hell are they going to do in space? How can they eat? Where are they going to go? I thought there was a giant interstellar war going on so they can't go back there... But like I said before, Takeya said he'd come back, but I'm still unsure about it all. *END OF SPOILER* So it leaves with many questions unanswered.

I honostly can't believe how fast time goes. Last week on saturday,I never even heard of DearS, then the next weekend I've read and watched everything about it! It's crazy really. But anyway, please tell me your thoughts. I would love to hear them. And maybe you guys could even answer some of my questions above. Which I would really like. They do have some lines in there as if there will be a sequel to DearS, or a part 2. But, that's just me. I hoped you guys enhoyed my little "review", or whatever this is. And if your still here and listening to me ramble, then props to you.

Well that's it. Thanks for reading, and thanks to Ren and DearS for a great series!
    I leave you with this. One of my favorite pictures of Ren. This say sound silly but, I love you Ren. Everyone has their anime crush, and your mine. Too bad you weren't real Ren... I wish you were... Anyway, thanks for reading! Click image for larger version

Name:	Ren DearS- background.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	779.3 KB
ID:	41887
    P.S. I forgot to say thanks to Peach-Pit too! Thanks!

Member takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2013 02:04 AM
    Threads

Default Re: My review of DearS

Cute review! X3 Meh, it didnt really interest me since im a straight girl and had seen enough nakid girl to last the rest of my life after one episode... hahaha it wasnt that bad I kid! ^_^ You might like This Ugly Yet Beautiful World and Chobits cuz they are all VERY similiar >:3 And I know how you feel, sad endings suck X(
    Kyo - One of these days, I'll make you say sorry!
    Yuki - I'm sorry.
    Kyo - Dammit! That's not what I meant! Don't you have any shame?!
    Yuki - Yes, I am ashamed, to be seen with you, shouting in public.
    Kyo - Oh, thats it! We're taking this outside!!!!
    Yuki - We are outside, you stupid cat!
    (*^_^*) Gotta love Fruits Basket (*^_^*)

3. Thanks Todd thanked for this post
    Likes Todd liked this post
    Senior Member Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd has a reputation beyond repute Todd's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 Controller Bleach Urahara Hat
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2012 04:40 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LPHybridSoldier PSN ID: LPHybridSoldier

Quote Originally Posted by takutolove View Post
    Cute review! X3 Meh, it didnt really interest me since im a straight girl and had seen enough nakid girl to last the rest of my life after one episode... hahaha it wasnt that bad I kid! ^_^ You might like This Ugly Yet Beautiful World and Chobits cuz they are all VERY similiar >:3 And I know how you feel, sad endings suck X(
    Thank you! I've actually let the ending sink in, and now I actually pleased with it! I'd like to see a sequel to it though, maybe one where Takeya isnt such an smart aleck to Ren all the time? XD

Member takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove has a brilliant future takutolove's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2013 02:04 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Thank you! I've actually let the ending sink in, and now I actually pleased with it! I'd like to see a sequel to it though, maybe one where Takeya isnt such an smart aleck to Ren all the time? XD
    Noooo they need to do a sequal to Shugo Chara!!!!!!!!!!! :0 Hahahah X3
    Kyo - One of these days, I'll make you say sorry!
    Yuki - I'm sorry.
    Kyo - Dammit! That's not what I meant! Don't you have any shame?!
    Yuki - Yes, I am ashamed, to be seen with you, shouting in public.
    Kyo - Oh, thats it! We're taking this outside!!!!
    Yuki - We are outside, you stupid cat!
    (*^_^*) Gotta love Fruits Basket (*^_^*)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information