AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More Rurouni Kenshin?

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default More Rurouni Kenshin?

Whilst lingering around checking out the latest anime buzz, I happened upon this article, and before my eyes do I behold the news that a true anime classic, the tale of our favorite red-haired swordsman "Rurouni Kenshin," will be coming back to us.

What do you think of this, my fellow AFers? Is this a probable win or will it crash and fail?

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: More Rurouni Kenshin?

It will "crash and fail", as you say. The original series was based on the the manga by Watsuki Nobuhiro - this new anime will have no source material, and is in effect nothing more than the milking of an already popular series.

I'd say it's just another sign of how much the anime industry is hurting, rather than trying something new they're going back to a series that was already a hit and trying to make a greater profit on it.

Aside from that, the story of Kenshin is over; the original series and the OVA covered it quite well.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon Coke Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2014 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Meteorkeeper

With things like this I try not to get my hopes up but I really do hope they do it justice.
    Heres to hoping.
    The proud owner of the FIRST EVER self-perpetual neko gyroscope!

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    It will "crash and fail", as you say. The original series was based on the the manga by Watsuki Nobuhiro - this new anime will have no source material, and is in effect nothing more than the milking of an already popular series.

I'd say it's just another sign of how much the anime industry is hurting, rather than trying something new they're going back to a series that was already a hit and trying to make a greater profit on it.

Aside from that, the story of Kenshin is over; the original series and the OVA covered it quite well.
    I definitely agree with you on the point of there being no real source material for them to draw from, but I'd like to point out that the Enishi Arc (or Jinchuu Arc, whichever suits you) was never really covered all that well, IMO. Sure it was partially covered in the OVA, but a lot of details and battles were left out and it even ended in a different direction from what the manga portrayed.

Mayhaps this whole venture is simply a repeat of what they pulled with FMA: Brotherhood. Whether it stems from undue confidence or they are just that desperate, as you said, I have no real clue.

All-in-all, it's hard to predict how this will go over. Sure the animation will be superior and there will probably be some awesome battles to check out; but Japan is going to have to pull some old-school magic out of the proverbial hat to have this one go over story-wise. Best of luck to them, I say.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information