AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Furries

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Furries

The way I see it, we can subjectively believe what we choose, but our connection to objective reality is on a blurry line. Because of this blur, when it comes to interactions with the world a logical outlook that encourages less conflict and more harmony are only beneficial to us, and are ideal. What we believe within is our own business as long as we find our own rationality for it, and all those crunchy bits about morality and such. You can believe you are a pink elephant as much as you want, but if you aren't one, it wont make you any more of one.

In the case of furries and otherkin, you can fancy yourself a fox or that you share a soul with a dire weasel from pre-history, but don't get defensive when I ask you to see me on a human to human level. You respect me, and I'll respect you- as I'll assuredly respect you until you disrespect me. =D

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like cat girls, that's about it.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

3. Thanks ~*Red*~ thanked for this post
    Likes ~*Red*~ liked this post
    The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Its an interesting format of manga as well

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    @wolfgirl90 All I can say is this:

There are worse things amongst the furry community than that ... so why some of them choose to whine about that is completely beyond me.
    Well...the thing is that while some furries dress up and act like animals for role-playing purposes, others do it to express who they truly are on the inside, or rather, what they want to be. Although this is still done mostly at cons, you can still probably find the occasional furry in public.

With Otherkin, however, there is a very personal connection with a non-human creature (I should have emphasized the fact that being Otherkin can involve fantasy animals, such as dragons, unicorns and griffins, and fantasy creatures, such as fairies, gnomes, elves and angels; vampires and such are usually placed in a completely separate subculture, not with Otherkin).

Otherkin identify themselves as being something non-human, in some way, in all but form. For example, an Otherkin might say that they are a "fox" (as a metaphor) or have a "fox" soul but will indeed acknowledge the fact they are, in fact, human. As I mentioned, there is usually a mental or spiritual connection to whatever it is they identify themselves with.

So while some furries like pretending to be animals and might even act like animals on a regular basis, they don't believe that they actually are animals in any way, even on a spiritual level. That apparently pushes things too far. They are role-playing to express their interest in anthropomorphic animals. Its one thing to dress like an (anthropomorphic) animal and exhibit some animal qualities and another thing to believe you actually ARE an animal in some fashion (whether mentally, spiritually, etc).

But of course, if a furry dresses up to express what they believe they are or what they wish they were, are they Otherkin or a furry? Where is the line drawn? So that's the controversy.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

I'd say the line is drawn when the person starts to feel a deep connection with the animal they are role-playing as

Closed Thread

Thread Information