Due to popular request, I am trying this contest yet again. As the contest states, this is a drawing contest, not strictly speaking a fanart contest. The themes will not always be anime related, so my hope is not only to challenge you, but to also spark levels of creativity.
Also, this contest isn’t solely about what you can do by putting a pencil down onto paper. I will accept drawings, paintings, digitally done illustrations, and anything in between. So if you’re good with the AF Oekaki or even better with a pen, then this contest is really for you.
Drawing of the Month May Theme
Theme: Draw your Hands
As theme states, your objective is to draw or paint your hands. How you are going to do that while holding a pencil will be a mystery for the ages.
1) The entry must be of a good viewing size; nothing too big, nothing too small. Please try to the keep the basic pixel amounts around 1000, and the files size within at the most 2 MB. If you need help scaling down your entry, PLEASE ASK.
2) Check with Serated if you are unsure about "appropriate content" for this contest (E.G. no ‘H’ based images or anything too ecchi)
3) All entries MUST be in by 19:00 GMT (non-adjusted) Wednesday, May 18th, 2010
5) You are NOT required to sign Animegalleries.net on your entry. You cannot, however, sign your entry with your name; the contest is to be anonymous.
1) You are only allowed to enter one piece that has been created by YOU and has not been used in any other competition or posted anywhere else on the internet; this contest is ANONYMOUS. If you wish to edit or change your entry before the contest beings, you may do so.
2) Any reference to subjects like missed deadlines, entering, not entering, are NOT tolerated. It provides a clear indication of who may (not) be involved in the competition, while potentially 'giving away' entries. Disclosure of drawing author, be it yours or another participants, will result in BOTH drawings being disqualified from the competition.
3) All comments regarding the DOTM competition should be made in the Theme Topic or direct in a PM to Serated.
4) You are responsible for your entries arriving to Serated. Serated is not responsible for your entry not following any of the above rules or not following the theme. Your entry will be deleted without notification, so it is always good to double check your entry.
All entries must be PMed to Serated by May 18th, all entries sent after will not be entered. Please label your message ‘DOTM May Entry.’