AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm in need of advice!

Senior Member The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems N64 Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2019 12:51 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karawr831 PSN ID: Karawr831 XFIRE ID: midnightdreams Steam ID: karawr831

Default I'm in need of advice!

Hello everyone! :c

I'm going to Anime Boston in just a few short weeks, and I've slowly... and I mean slowly... have been getting my outfit together. I've kind of gone with a Victorian or Steampunkish version of the Red Queen/The Queen of Hearts. It's not done yet, but I figured I would show off what I have so far, and maybe ask you guys what else I should add or take away and all that jazz! Note. My aunt has been kind enough to order me the round little glasses, you often seen on Steampunk outfits. They are red... I also hope to find a red undershirt instead of a black one, AND I am putting a red ribbon around my hat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fdgfd.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	3.60 MB
ID:	40229

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

Archmage Evelyn Nightingale, Guardian of the North, at your service.

Formally known as Vanilla Kiss.

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: I'm in need of advice!

The outfit is simpley gr8 ;]
    -can't thin of anything right now, ecept 4 a red acssesorie like watch or btaclete maybe? 0-0
    Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So far it looks very nice =3
    What are you planning to do for your make up? :3 Perhaps your following the tim burton red queen make up ? [Blue eye shadow and red lipstick *heart shaped*]

And some advice from me: [they are just ideas, you don't have to follow me if you think it's not necessary ^^]
    I think you need a touch of white somewhere; either on your hat, add a white ribbon on, or a VVVVV design around your hat [you know, when you fold a paper, and have that around your hat; im not saying use paper though XD]
    or white/red frilly stuff/lace coming out from under your collared shirt. [<-- for this, it just depends on what you think looks better ^^ either put the lace under the under shirt, or have the undershirt not shown and keep it as I said under the outer shirt.
    or white lace coming out from your sleeve.

Some big golden rings.

And if you want to, you can add more of the black lace material you used behind your skirt, only have them in layers. Ex: on the very top, black as you have it, then below that [vertical wise], white, then below that [vertical wise] red.

And since you are a queen after all, how bout a tiny golden crown on your hat o.O

Let me know if I confused you somewhere o.o

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Senior Member The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karawr831 PSN ID: Karawr831 XFIRE ID: midnightdreams Steam ID: karawr831

Oh, Karami, those are some good ideas! I think white would indeedly look nifty added somewhere... Hm... Well I shall look into that this weekend! Otherwise... Makeup... Well I am not all that amazing at makeup... heck I hardly wear it! But I was gonna go with just dark eyeshadow and stuff, and red glossy lipstick. Heartshaped though... I might try that... I will need practice though haha. I guess, I'll be busy this weekend, and I shall show you when I get more done!

Also thank you both of you! *Hugs*

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Awesome~! And no problem ^^
    I'd love to see what you've added :3 Hahha, yes I try to finish my costume before the actual time I need to wear it [even though I still manage to finish it on the last minute >.<] so I can practice with the mape up stuff and see which looks suitably best :3
    Last edited by ╬Karami Mew~Meow; 04-10-2011 at 09:19 AM.

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--

Junior Member Neah is on a distinguished road Neah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sick
    Gifts Red Dango Pocky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2011 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think that all of the ideas above are great. You should do all of them! I especially like the part about the crown on the hat, Karami - that would be a great accessory to add to your cosplay, Vanilla. I also think that you should maybe have the White Rabbit's broken dangly watch (I can't remember what they're specifically called, but it's the thing he always takes out of his coat and taps). ^_^ Also, I'd suggest adding painted-on or cut-out red hearts to the tips of the shoes. There's never too much hearts for the Queen of Hearts! Maybe you could put a few more hearts (black, white, and red) on your shirt...? But that's just a suggestion, I'm not too sure how it'll turn out. Ooh~ you should search on EBay or Amazon (or maybe Anime Castle, though I don't know if they'll have anything of that sort) for silver heart-shaped buttons to replace the ones on your shirt. Now, that would probably be something most cosplayers would find kawaii!

Oh... and I digress... you look very kawaii! You did a great job designing the outfit. It matches your hair, and makes your face stand out. Very magnificent (whoa, big word T_T)! ^_^

Neah Walker

Gil
    Doubtful
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neah View Post
    I think that all of the ideas above are great. You should do all of them! I especially like the part about the crown on the hat, Karami - that would be a great accessory to add to your cosplay, Vanilla. I also think that you should maybe have the White Rabbit's broken dangly watch (I can't remember what they're specifically called, but it's the thing he always takes out of his coat and taps). ^_^ Also, I'd suggest adding painted-on or cut-out red hearts to the tips of the shoes. There's never too much hearts for the Queen of Hearts! Maybe you could put a few more hearts (black, white, and red) on your shirt...? But that's just a suggestion, I'm not too sure how it'll turn out. Ooh~ you should search on EBay or Amazon (or maybe Anime Castle, though I don't know if they'll have anything of that sort) for silver heart-shaped buttons to replace the ones on your shirt. Now, that would probably be something most cosplayers would find kawaii!

Oh... and I digress... you look very kawaii! You did a great job designing the outfit. It matches your hair, and makes your face stand out. Very magnificent (whoa, big word T_T)! ^_^

Neah Walker
    Hahah, thankx ^^
    Ah I knew something was missing on zee shoes~ [I was actually thinking of painting it gold design, but I'm sure she didnt not want to damage her shoes :3] so your is a great idea ~! =D hahaah and your right xD hearts ... something so simple that I forgot about xD woahh

And the watch would be great~! It adds to the steam-punk category she's going for :3

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ahhh thank you so much everyone for the amazing advice and help! I plan on using these ideas for the next con. I only changed a few things sine Anime Boston was to close to add much but my end result was something this, but I didn't wear the mask most of the time and I had goggles instead of glasses on my head for a good while.

Now I have more then a month to toy with you ideas!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0376.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	42431

Gil
    Doubtful
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

AH~!!! I LOVE IT~!!! <3 That looks very cool~ I also love how you actually did the blue eye shadow~ :3 I especially love the mask the hat and umbrella fits great!
    And awesome I'll be looking forward to what you've added next time ^.^

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ahhh thank you so so so much! I cannot wait to do more with it. My friend insisted that she do my make up. She wouldn't let me leave without it. I was quite shy about it haha. The mask I got at the convention... I saw it and I was like oWo. I want! I also found this... amazing hat at the convention, that I plan on saving up for and getting later on... it went SOOOOOOO GOOD!

11. Likes ╬Karami Mew~Meow liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information