AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dev Teams: Capcom Vs. Square Enix

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Dev Teams: Capcom Vs. Square Enix

Alright~

So, this is the first of (hopefully) many threads. Sign-Ups are officially closed, so anyone not on a team will have to wait around till the next round to sign up again.

This is a debate thread, but with the twist that members will be on specific teams. Don't forget! You're not just promoting your team, you're only showing how the team you support is BETTER than the other; that's the sticking point.

To eveyone that is NOT on a team listed below, you are still completely free to participate, and advocate for either side as "neutral" (see the sign up thread for more information.)

Anyways, here are our teams competing:

Team A:
    Capcom

1. Kaitou+
    2. DJ Scruffy
    3. Jewunit
    4. Light Buster

VS.

Team B: Square Enix

1. Sr Machinehead
    2. Kylesico912
    3. Animeyay
    4. Arrancar Grimmjow
    5. GameGeeks

you only have a specific amount of time relative to how well the debate goes down ranging somewhere between several days, to about a week. I won't tell you exactly when I'll end the debate and choose the winner, so remember to make it count ;]

Annnnnnnnnnd, let the debate.. BEGIN!
    Last edited by Skylar1; 04-13-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex Popsicle Mario Item Box
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2019 09:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dev Teams: Capcom Vs. Square Enix

The reason why Square Enix is inferior to Capcom:

Debates over. Everybody go home.
    Last edited by Scruffy; 04-13-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Capcom easily takes the cake for me as it has a lot of major titles under their sleeve that are a bunch of fun. In the other hand, Square Enix only has Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Paradise Eve, while the all of them are fantastic, they still unnumbered with the arsenal that Capcom has. Square Enix published a lot of good games and published some games for Japan(like Black-ops) but remember, this is a DEVELOPER debate so those don't count at all, so Square Enix has pretty much nothing.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Between Capcom and Square Enix, Capcom wins my heart because not only they have the better games, each game was done right and if any problems came up, they would solve it ASAP. On the other hand, Square Enix doesn't have that many great games (though they do have Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Paradise Eve, and Front Mission so I give them that) and they're slow to solve problems I find that needed attention. They also do more publishing than developing (like Kaitou+ said) so they don't have much.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

^That's not true. I'm going to include Square before the merger in this list since the merger makes it one company. There's also games like The Last Remnant which they both developed and published. Mario Hoops 3 on 3 for the DS (Yes, look it up.), Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Yup, another Mario game.), The SaGa series, etc. But You get the idea. They've far from done just those three series. And how do they not have that many great games? In addition to the ones you mentioned there's the SaGa series, the Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Legends of Mana, etc.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 04-13-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Are you really going to use a Mario sport game for your argument, really? really? I haven't forgotten about those games you mentioned but those games alone can't still battle, it's still outnumbered...especially since they have been succeeded, like Vagrant Saga was an epic RPG back in the day..now it's another RPG out there, but still good if you haven't played it.

Don't forget Capcom covered a lot of genres as well....Final Fight, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, MEGAMAN, Sengoku BASARA, Dead Rising, Phoenix Wright, Onimusha, Monster Hunter and the list can go on.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 04-13-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I'm afraid it's not the number that matters--quality over quantity. You can have 1000 games, and it wouldn't mean a thing if they are all bad/mediocre. So, I don't buy the numbers game at all.

Final Fantasy was able to go through 13 main games, not even counting all the spinoffs and side games, and is still going very strong. That's concrete proof of Square Enix's capability.

Also, funny how everyone from both teams knows Square Enix's iconic games so well, but didn't even bother to name even one game from Capcom. I wonder what that says about impact.
    ^ well...until Kaitou+ just named some before I made my post
    Last edited by animeyay; 04-13-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: darn, a step late

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Your logic is valid only if the quality is dull, but a lot of Capcom's games are made of great quality, and some of those series are the ones I named above.
    Capcom can handle a lot of genres like I said, but Square couldn't...while there is no particular reason for the cancellation of Gun Loco, the game still looked like a total mess from tje trailers and it really screamed "SE STAY WITH RPGs".
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 04-13-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

No, I was just trying to mix in a few newer games. And I did list a second game. You're just reaching. Oh and Capcom didn't produce Okami. Clover Studio did.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Sorry..I got my facts mixed up. I still have a huge list over yours...then let me replace it with Breath of Fire.

Capcom also has Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry, Rival Schools, Dino Crisis. All excellent games.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 04-13-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I can list more. Threads of Fate, Chrono Cross, Secret of Evermore, Seiken Densetsu 3 and Alcahest (Yes I played both.). We could sit here listing off games but that's not going to get us anywhere. And you keep talking about quality but I'd like to point you to Capcoms ports.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So yeah, this is what Square Enix came up for a Third Person Shooter...

It looses a lot of credibility..more than it already did for releasing a broken game such a Final Fantasy XIV that was such and monstrosity.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Oh and Capcom didn't produce Okami. Clover Studio did.
    True, but since Clover Studios closed down Okami became part of Capcom. (As far as my knowledge goes.)

Not only that, Capcom has good if not excellent online games over Square.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Senior Member Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Daggers 122 - Mr Mime 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2011 05:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Last I checked Capcom never made online games but Square has the obvious superior MMO RPG FFXI. Square has many things that people don't even know about up they're sleaves. Dissidia Final Fantasy and 012 are the most notable.

Seriously ._.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sure, but remember that Final Fantasy XIV isn't their brightest release, probably one of the worst.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Light Buster View Post
    True, but since Clover Studios closed down Okami became part of Capcom. (As far as my knowledge goes.)

Not only that, Capcom has good if not excellent online games over Square.
    Still, developed is developed. And Capcom more bought Clover then merged with them making them a parent company. And To add to what Kyle said, FFXI and FFXIV aren't SE's only mmos They have several on the free to play market. There's also Front Mission Online and Tetra Master.

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kylesico912 View Post
    Last I checked Capcom never made online games but Square has the obvious superior MMO RPG FFXI. Square has many things that people don't even know about up they're sleaves. Dissidia Final Fantasy and 012 are the most notable.
    When I mean online, I mean games like Street Fighter IV and Marvel Vs Capcom 3 where you can play on Xbox Live/Playstation Network.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Can't comment on SE's multiplayer since I don't own a PS3.

Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 04:14 PM
    Threads

Capcom is widely known as one of the best developers of today and yesterday. Why? Whether it was 25 years ago and you were glued to your arcade games like Commando or you were performing a combo with an "x" then "left trigger" in RE, you were thankful for Capcom.

Capcom has RE, SF, MM, etc all of which I will find on every console I own and handheld.

Square Enix is simply a merged organization that was scared it wouldn't always be "floating" Square messed up with a FF game and was loosing tons of money so it decided to merge with a competitor to stay afloat. They've had their success, but no where near that of Capcom. One franchise (FF) doesn't make up for being beat in so many categories.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's right, Jewunit has it right. Capcom started releasing as arcade as nothing can't beat the arcade era.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Just because Capcom has many games doesn't mean they're all good. Some are down right Terrible. For example in the MM series there's MM64, The Star Force series and MMX8 are just a few in that series.

Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Speaking of bad games. Worst of 2010:

With every new Final Fantasy game the franchise just keeps getting lame, it seems like Square Enix has completely lost direction and they just cannot innovate anymore. Final Fantasy XIII has a very lousy plot and even lousy characters. The setup and the new battle system is quite interesting but the new direction makes it very boring and you feel this is one game you rather not play. Also, I am quite tired of the Final Fantasy franchise so please Enix just stop new ones, I believe they are just destroying the franchise. Still if you are open for any suggestion you can remake the old ones and I am pretty sure it will milk you more money than this one.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    I'm afraid it's not the number that matters--quality over quantity. You can have 1000 games, and it wouldn't mean a thing if they are all bad/mediocre. So, I don't buy the numbers game at all.

Final Fantasy was able to go through 13 main games, not even counting all the spinoffs and side games, and is still going very strong. That's concrete proof of Square Enix's capability.

Also, funny how everyone from both teams knows Square Enix's iconic games so well, but didn't even bother to name even one game from Capcom. I wonder what that says about impact.
    ^ well...until Kaitou+ just named some before I made my post
    That's only because when you think of Square one titles comes to your mind. Then, you think of how it's degraded since it started.

When you think of Capcom you might be a 40 year old man thinking of when he was a teenager playing SF in his local arcade or a 14 year old kid who got RE for Christmas and hasn't put it down yet.

If I say plumber you think mario. If I say shooter, a broader array comes to mind. This is how these are when compared.
    Last edited by Jewunit; 04-13-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Again, I did made thread of how much I enjoyed my times in the arcades playing Street Fighter II (along King of Fighters, but this is no SNK discussion so we leave this out) Trust me, it was insane. Jewunit, since you are using as your argument, I can safely say that you and I had the best time ever as gamers, an experience that SE will never provide no matter how great their games are..because they're great, but nothing in this world beats gaming in the arcades, ever.

It's a unique experience that sadly it's dead and the new generation will never get to live it. The amount of competition, the crowd cheering you on etc. etc.

Really, I spent a lot of my coins playing Capcom machines and what's so fun about it is that you always have to try your best so you don't let that coin go to was te.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 04-13-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

That's not true, one experience isn't better then another. It's all about opinion. I played in the arcades when I was young. Hell, I'm older then you and I'm betting Jewunit. There's just nothing better to me then seeing the climax of a well told RPG. Hell, some of the greatest moments in gaming history belong to RPGs such as the death of Aerith. A good story and good game play make for a better game then just simply good game play.

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    That's not true, one experience isn't better then another. It's all about opinion. I played in the arcades when I was young. Hell, I'm older then you and I'm betting Jewunit. There's just nothing better to me then seeing the climax of a well told RPG. Hell, some of the greatest moments in gaming history belong to RPGs such as the death of Aerith. A good story and good game play make for a better game then just simply good game play.
    I agree with you that everyone has their own preference. However, more preferences are realistic with Capcom. The days of arcade success from Capcom was only one example of a lengthy list.

Arcade games for me was as Kaitou said, the thrill of knowing you're about to have to go home; they're no more chances, you can't just hit the reset button all night; having kids around you betting you can/can't beat it; the high score wasn't just a goal, it was a MUST HAVE. Everyone must know that you were there, and you were the best. Anyway, just an explanation of why arcade gaming is/was awesome to me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information