AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Biggest Mistake at Work?

Junior Member thsoundman is on a distinguished road thsoundman's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2011 08:23 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Biggest Mistake at Work?

What was your biggest mistake at work? We've all made em, some are more amusing then others, what was yours?

Mine was when i was working for a client, an accounting frim, and I was tasked with replacing a dead drive in their raid five array. This is a simple enough task now that I look back on it with embarassment. Anyways I took out the old dead drive and put the new drive back into the box. Well instead of letting the new drive just rebuild on it's own I forced the drive online. Well by doing this for those of you who don't know how raid works it basically replicated "blank data" to the other two drives and thus and effectively scrambled both of the good drives. Within 20 seconds the server blue screened and the server was down... this was on March 29th and thats dead center in tax season. Well the drives were unrecoverable so we had to rebuild their entire server from the ground up. This took us about 29 hours of free company time plus the accounting firm being down for that amount of time during the middle of tax season. I could of gotten away with it and just blamed one of many number of things but I pride myself in being an honest professional so i fessed up to my mistake. Thankfully the owner of the accounting firm talked me a day later and said that if anything it was a blessing and it gave him an excuse to go home and sleep and that it probably was for the better and that 6pack of beer should cover it. Needless to say a six pack was promptly delivered to his office and we continued to do work for them. Embarrassing none the less and thank God they did backups religiously for 15 years.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Biggest Mistake at Work?

I set a bag of sawdust on fire.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Does that ignite quickly? How did that happen? I don't think I've ever seen such a thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    I set a bag of sawdust on fire.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There was a spark from a saw that hit some of the dust on the side of the bag. Just poof, and there was a rather toasty fire going on the loading pad.

Senior Member Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara Guitar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2021 06:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Murdered my boss! The police really gave me some headache, but I'm alright now. Thank God.

Senior Member Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2013 11:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spp67

When I worked as a bus boy I broke about 4 beer cups lol I didn't get that much in tips that day -__-

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I have not really worked much. But on occasion I give someone the wrong amount of change. I felt really bad about it but there were like 30 people swarming me for consessions and it's really confusing when they hand me 5-20 dollar bills and want like 4-6 things that each cost 50 cents. >_>

It makes me think I can't count.. >.>

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2011 06:03 AM
    Threads

My work is teaching little children at my coaching/tutoring place, but what gives. It's still a job.
    The worst mistake I made (so far) was mixing up the lunch orders ;X
    I almost killed someone by giving them food with seafood in it.
    Lucky they had enough brain to check why it smelled different than usual.

Signature by myself :3

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hah yeah I did that a few times when i worked for a cafeteria. I wouldn't feel to bad about it everyone does it. Hell i was still doing it after 2 years there. LOL I remember one time I worked at the schools cafeteria that I was going to and we had to manually put in the amount of the charge. Well one of the workers instead of putting 12.94 put 1294.00 and ran the charge and it went through ahahahahaha. The next day the guy came back with this very perplexed look on his face wondering why his box of cheerios cost him 1200 dollars :P

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I have not really worked much. But on occasion I give someone the wrong amount of change. I felt really bad about it but there were like 30 people swarming me for consessions and it's really confusing when they hand me 5-20 dollar bills and want like 4-6 things that each cost 50 cents. >_>

It makes me think I can't count.. >.>

Senior Member *MayMay* has a reputation beyond repute *MayMay* has a reputation beyond repute *MayMay* has a reputation beyond repute *MayMay* has a reputation beyond repute *MayMay* has a reputation beyond repute *MayMay* has a reputation beyond repute *MayMay* has a reputation beyond repute *MayMay* has a reputation beyond repute *MayMay* has a reputation beyond repute *MayMay* has a reputation beyond repute *MayMay* has a reputation beyond repute *MayMay*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Wolf Flowers Fan2 Pocky
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2011 05:32 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hello Red Mandy

Mentioning that you don't mind working over or coming in early is a huge mistake, because as soon as the wrong person gets a hold of that information you will be taken advantage of. Constantly. ._.
    Student/Writer/Dreamer

"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream." - Vincent van Gogh

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")-(")o

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I used the wrong type of RNA-collecting columns, and lost the RNA of 4 rat blood samples.
    Boy, did I feel horrible. My boss wasn't relenting either in scolding me. >.>

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Biggest mistake at work for me? Accidentally breaking a glass jar of mustard when putting it into a shopping bag.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Senior Member Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2011 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hmm..Let me think.. I guess the only thing I do sometimes at work is take someone into the
    wrong room for a split second, but then I realize it and just turn back around. I don't really
    make any mistakes at my job.. I am pretty good. (:

Closed Thread

Thread Information