AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranma 1/2... who digs it!?! :D

Junior Member raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-07-2011 06:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Under the Sea, that's where you'll find me.
    Threads

Default Ranma 1/2... who digs it!?! :D

So, since I only really know about one anime, I'm pretty lost around here. Since I couldn't find any Ranma threads, I figured I'd start one. :B

A friend got me into Ranma 1/2 a short time ago - I was skeptical about it, as I've always kinda been one of those "ewww, animu" people; I've just never come across another one to pique my interest. But the utter cuteness of Ranma 1/2 quickly won me over, and proved to me that not all anime has to be about half-demon sumurai vampire mecha-warriors or what-the-heck-have-you. It's adorable, upbeat, and imo, the best in sex comedy :3

So who else is familiar with this little gem of a show? It's pretty old, but I think its certainly stood the test of time.

Senior Member Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon Coke Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2014 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Meteorkeeper

Default Re: Ranma 1/2... who digs it!?! :D

I watched it in it entirety and enjoyed pretty much every min of it. The ending made me sigh something fierce but other than that it was a darn good anime.
    The proud owner of the FIRST EVER self-perpetual neko gyroscope!

Senior Member Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi's Avatar
    Gil
    Crappy
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2011 02:16 PM
    Threads

I remember Ranma 1/2 I actually came across it by chance. I had just become a member of this anime mail-order company and they sent me their catalog and it was packed full of series, so many that I was completely overwhelmed! I wanted so many of them but I had to choose carefully which would be my first choice, so in order to figure it out, I closed my eyes and turned the pages of the catalog and what ever page I stopped on and what ever series my finger was pointing at that's what I would order. It just so happens my very first was Ranma 1/2, but the show was on back order so I had to wait 3 months before I could see it, but it was worth the wait, I mean it had me cracking up and I just couldn't get enough of it, so I hurried to order more episodes! And 2 months later they came, and I must say i'm so glad I decided to choose my anime series that way because you never know when you'll come across a real gem.

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    Threads

Ranma is a classic and one of my all time favorite animes.

Junior Member raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede has a reputation beyond repute raede's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-07-2011 06:52 AM
    Under the Sea, that's where you'll find me.
    Threads

Whew! My sentiments exactly, all of you's ^_- I've only gotten halfway through season 3, but I have been thoroughly smitten. It's just so much fun, and I love all the characters; to me, they're all reprehensible in their own right - Ranma's a jerk, Ryoga's a perv, Akane's a short-tempered man-hater, Mousse is insane, Shampoo's just as crazy and damned underhanded to boot - I could go on, but you get the picture... there's just so much room for oodles of amusing drama. I think my favorite of the series has to be the lost boy, mister Ryoga Hibiki... he's just so darned cute, in *and* out of piggy form.

Senior Member Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi's Avatar
    Gil
    Crappy
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2011 02:16 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by raede View Post
    Whew! My sentiments exactly, all of you's ^_- I've only gotten halfway through season 3, but I have been thoroughly smitten. It's just so much fun, and I love all the characters; to me, they're all reprehensible in their own right - Ranma's a jerk, Ryoga's a perv, Akane's a short-tempered man-hater, Mousse is insane, Shampoo's just as crazy and damned underhanded to boot - I could go on, but you get the picture... there's just so much room for oodles of amusing drama. I think my favorite of the series has to be the lost boy, mister Ryoga Hibiki... he's just so darned cute, in *and* out of piggy form.
    That just summed up everything I loved about the series!

Member marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2011 12:05 PM
    Threads

I like Ranma, too. Watched all the episodes and enjoyed every minute of it. I can still remember laughing so hard at the tour guide's explanation of the pond curses -- especially when somebody falls into one of them. The series is hilarious, and I feel it can stand the test of time.
    Stuff I'm following right now

Magical Llama Man Ryuu battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Batmobile 1989 Batmobile Animated Jaguar XKR
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 12:19 PM
    Threads

Ranma is an absolute classic. It was my first anime and will always be my favorite. It goes to show that a good storyline doesn't have to have magic or mecha to make an anime great. Ranma Forever!
    Set made by the Wonderfully talented Yukari :3
    "You are slow, even when falling..."
    BLEACH
    Father(/mother O-o): Ryutama
    Mothers: Mikuchuu & SuXrys
    Older Brother to:
    Keena Aya Ashikaga
    Miki~
    Xey Oiz

Junior Member Kaoru22 is on a distinguished road Kaoru22's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2011 10:20 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kaoru22 Steam ID: Kaoru28

To be honest, I couldn't really get into it. Inuyasha hell yeah but not ranma. I'll have to try again I suppose.

Senior Member YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2011 04:49 AM
    Threads

I still have as of yet to check this somewhat intriguing anime out ^^

I've heard that it's supposed to be very good ^^

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2012 11:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I came across Ranma 1/2. But I haven't really finished it. I wasn't dedicated to because I was watching it dubbed and I really hate dubs. But I plan on re-watching it. It's a nice anime. Very funny.
    Some people say "You can't have it all." I say "I can try~!!!" - OtakuInu!!!

Twitter-Tumblr
    -DevArt-YouTube-Formspring

OtakuInu~!!! Red V.I.P dango

Senior Member Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Favorite Mic Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2012 03:36 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Galactakus

I actually found out about Ranma 1/2 way before I even knew what Anime was. I thought it was pretty cool, but I never did get a chance to finish the entire series.

I'm back, baby! Credit to my gurl Bou for the sig.

Senior Member ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2011 11:22 PM
    Threads

I guess there's no hiding the fact that I love the series too.
    It serves as the basis of my comprehensive website: http://ryogahouse.wordpress.com/
    I'll stop posting that link once I'm allowed to have my own signature!

Junior Member eL_h0mbRe is on a distinguished road eL_h0mbRe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2012 08:12 PM
    Threads

I just finished reading the entire series. It's so good! Every character is just so loveable. Ending was a little on the disappointing side though...

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2014 12:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

i wouldnot touch this anime with a 25 foot pole. just to wired for me. people who change sex when having water poured on them. what the heck?
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

I love Ranma 1/2...probably one of the funniest series out there. Ukyo was my favorite...with Shampoo a very close 2nd. The martial arts high school and boy/girl nightmare story was awesome. I give it up to Rumiko Takahashi for this title.

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

Ranma was a very funny anime, but I wish they didn't tease so much at the relationships. I loved Ryoga and Ucchan the best. Ryoga was a pretty good match as Ranma's rival and so much humor sparked from that

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information