AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mac OS Superior?

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Default Re: Mac OS Superior?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    Attachment 40075

I'll just leave this here~
    ^ enough said

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

There, thread cleaned up. From now on behave or I'll be forced to close the thread.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've used windows all of my life, my first being windows 3.1. Then 95, 98, XP and now 7 ... the first time i've ever used a mac was recently, at school, where they have these fancy, huge-screen IMacs. I'm not gonna lie, they are pretty nice looking and sleek, if not intimidating and confusing at first.

As others have said, i'd say there are strengths to both pc's and macs, and that one isn't necessarily better than the other - it depends on what you use it for. I'm not any kind of Microsoft fangirl, but Windows 7 (at least to me), is pretty nice, and I enjoy it. I'd also enjoy having a mac one day ... when I can afford it. ^^;

Who "wins" the "battle" is a matter of opinion.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 04-09-2011 at 12:17 PM.

4. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Senior Member Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2016 11:45 PM
    Threads

I don't think Mac OS is superior. I think Mac would be better if it had shorter update cycles.
    IDK:

Feels Good to be apart of AF!

I'm still the Hustleman.

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Quote Originally Posted by Jewunit View Post
    Let me be the first to tell you that Mac wins this.
    Must we not define the desired work or perspective before crowning the victor?
    Mac software is specifically designed to work with the hardware already installed in their computers. Whereas Windows will work on everything and has a better chance of getting a virus or crashing.
    That Apple only has to design for their hardware does make stability easier to achieve, yes, but viruses are a matter of (1) market share, (2) design philosophy, execution and vestigial features of an OS, and (3) user behavior. Malware usually has little to do with drivers, etc.

Unix Kernal makes it superior. People aren't familiar with it and are with IBM, therefore people create viruses for Windows because it's what they know.
    Kernel, not kernal. By the by, IBM does a lot of unix work, from AIX to Linux, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. The IBM PC, perhaps, but that's more a historical matter than of contemporary interest in itself.
    Unix-type systems have ruled computing for much, much longer than anything else, even more so a few years back. The only people who aren't familiar with the ideas of unix aren't likely to be terribly talented, knowledgeable, crafty villains of the digital age. Heck, for a while in the eighties, even Microsoft sold a unix system they called Xenix, and sold a lot of it.

Windows (1) has market share on personal computers and (2) has a lot of vestigial features from single-user, non-networking predecessors, and doesn't handle a hostile network very well- like the Internet can be. Users tend to be gullible, imprudent tools, too, but that's true no matter the OS, because people tend to be too bold on a computer and on a network.

For more powerful computers, like mainframes and servers, unix-type systems actually have the market share advantage over Windows, yet Windows still tends to be easier to crack open. It's just not a terrifically secure system.
    Some people believe that simple anti-virus will be enough to have Windows and Apple on the sam page, they are mistaken.
    I doubt you'll use my analogy of firewalls and prudence coupled with disabling Javascript and flash as good protection versus anti-virus as a Hail-Mary dose of penicillin, but go on.
    Macs go the extra mile in not letting you open/download viruses, whereas Windows (being able to operate on everything) will tell you to walk right in.
    I don't know what permissions scheme(s) MacOS may or may not use, so I'll leave that alone for now, but you can still do some delightfully nasty stuff with Flash or Javascript in a webpage, and I'm sure there's plenty more I just can't remember off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Furore
    both [Linux and BSD] have smaller market shares then Windows and OSX meaning they do seem to be targeted less when it comes to malware
    Ah, but only on desktops- as far as industry reports show, anyway (but I digress). On the big, bad, beefy machines like servers, mainframes and supercomputers (link), Windows is terrifically outclassed in market share, yet Windows still gets hit by malware and exploits more often. Linux/BSD aren't really spectacular so much as Windows security and stability is shamefully bad.

Slightly off topic, but if you want some fun, try explaining to an engineer of a non-software persuasion exactly what the registry is and what it does in Windows, and how it's designed. The result can be pretty awesome.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 04-24-2011 at 08:11 PM.

7. Likes Frederica Sawyer, Furore, Anoleis liked this post
    Senior Member Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2016 03:10 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jewunit View Post
    I take it someone has a grudge against Apple.... Considering how you took information and completely slanted it.

I know a lot of this comes form what's between the screen and chair.....but not all of it....
    And what you say isn't slanted or biased at all?
    Not sure if you are a troll?

And YES ALL OF IT DOES!

You are the kind of person that give Mac owners a bad rep.
    My advise: Stop that you pretentious person you.

Edit: I, at one point owned a G4.
    Last edited by Assiduous✡Aristocrat; 04-24-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Also, why does there need to be some sort of lame "battle"? there are people who enjoy using macs and PC's daily. There are people who like them both. Comparisons are fine, when people bash one system over the other, it's just pointless.

10. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Banned Forum / Chat Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Portal Blueportal Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2011 08:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Also, why does there need to be some sort of lame "battle"? there are people who enjoy using macs and PC's daily. There are people who like them both. Comparisons are fine, when people bash one system over the other, it's just pointless.
    'For me to win, you have to lose!' is an attitude that plagues far too many people. ^^;;

Member zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts has a reputation beyond repute zfangarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2023 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In my opinion, Mac isn't superior. For one, it hates JAR and ZIP files and won't run those little desktop things, nor will it several other widget whatchamacallits.

My screensavers, for example, wouldn't work on their either. ( I blame Square Enix. )

Mac might be all nice and pretty, but I prefer W7 and XP.

^ I'd die mentally if this became a battle and pull out immediately. >U Don't like those kinds of threads unless you're supposed to be doing it.

I draw and make jewelry. @studioalatus on instagram/inkblot/tumblr/TikTok www.studioalatus.com Etsy shop: https://etsy.com/shop/alatuscove

Member zekes is on a distinguished road zekes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2011 09:06 PM
    Threads

There are advantages and disadvantages that we can comment on both Mac and Windows though I'm sure a lot of people here are more into Windows because Mac is too expensive to buy and a lot of games are compatible on Windows operating system.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

No it isn't. There is no superior OS. It is all a matter of personal needs and preference. I personally use OS X Lion, but that doesn't make it superior to Windows 7, Symbian, ChromeOS, BSD, Gentoo, Dybian or DSL.

15. Thanks Frederica Sawyer thanked for this post
    Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There is superiority if one looks solely at what they want from their OS and compares the ability of those available to meet their needs. Well for an individual anyway. I mean some people dislike resource hogging visuals and like the ability to have more control over every facet of their experience while others just want something pretty that has intuitive graphic based installations of their favourite commonly bought word processor and has card games preinstalled.

The only real losers here are those that choose their OS solely on brand and run their mouths off about it with no experience of the competition.
    victoria aut mors

17. Likes GameGeeks, Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Member zekes is on a distinguished road zekes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2011 09:06 PM
    Threads

I agree that Mac OS is a virus free but it is very expensive when you will buy computer package from them and you cannot upgrade the components of the hardware too.

19. Dislikes Frederica Sawyer disliked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Quote Originally Posted by zekes View Post
    I agree that Mac OS is a virus free but it is very expensive when you will buy computer package from them and you cannot upgrade the components of the hardware too.
    Mac isn't virus free, there's not many but it's not virus free.

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why I don't buy Macs:

I don't want to have to buy a whole new computer when one piece of hardware dies.

I'll stick to having interchangeable parts, kthx

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

PCs and macs use the same hardware, macs are more expensive, and offers a smaller range of software. Unless of course you install Windows on a Mac, then you've essentially got an overpriced PC with a Mac case.

Also, this:

From http://www.xkcd.com/

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet_Nightmare View Post
    Why I don't buy Macs:

I don't want to have to buy a whole new computer when one piece of hardware dies.

I'll stick to having interchangeable parts, kthx
    There is something called warranty, also Apple Store. A 3 year warranty is more than you will ever need because who keeps a computer for more than 3 years anyway?
    Macs have interchangeable parts, I upgraded the RAM on both my Mac mini and MacBook Pro, they also have interchangeable storage, though on the unibody Mac mini it is quite an endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    PCs and macs use the same hardware, macs are more expensive, and offers a smaller range of software. Unless of course you install Windows on a Mac, then you've essentially got an overpriced PC with a Mac case.

Also, this:

From http://www.xkcd.com/
    Macs aren't any more expensive than PCs, spec for spec, and it is sure is cheaper to upgrade the OS. Case in point, ultrabooks.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Ultrabo...r.58818.0.html

Either way, we are discussing software not hardware prices, I don't see how that is relevant. Also, web apps? really? you will trust everything to the web? not that most web apps aren't glorified toys...
    When discussing OSes no OS is superior, but to resort to FUD is not the proper way to carry an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Mac isn't virus free, there's not many but it's not virus free.
    OS X Lion is as secure as it gets, look it up.
    Major overhaul makes OS X Lion king of security
    Eric Schmidt: get a Mac if you want to be secure

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post
    Macs aren't any more expensive than PCs, spec for spec, and it is sure is cheaper to upgrade the OS. Case in point, ultrabooks.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Ultrabo...r.58818.0.html
    My laptop is extremely similar, hardware wise, to a macbook. It costs about half what I'd need to pay for the same hardware with a white case with an apple logo. It gets even more silly if you consider white boxes.

Either way, we are discussing software not hardware prices, I don't see how that is relevant. Also, web apps? really? you will trust everything to the web? not that most web apps aren't glorified toys...
    When discussing OSes no OS is superior, but to resort to FUD is not the proper way to carry an argument.
    You are not using the term FUD in a context that makes sense.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Aizmov Secure doesn't equal virus free. It's only secure because most people focus there efforts on making viruses for windows since more people have windows then macs. As for the cost, look at post twenty-four of this thread.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Aizmov Secure doesn't equal virus free. It's only secure because most people focus there efforts on making viruses for windows since more people have windows then macs. As for the cost, look at post twenty-four of this thread.
    You are confused, maybe reading the previously linked to articles would help?

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The virus problem has largely been due to Windows lacking user accounts in any meaningful sort of way. This has meant that any application can do anything it feels like to the system, that is, a security breach in any application on the compute means a virus can do whatever the hell it feels like. With proper user accounts (and people that don't use the admin account for day-to-day business), as all modern operating systems support (as well as any UNIX system), writing viruses is a whole lot more difficult. Doesn't really matter if more people are targeting a specific platform.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This is a review of OS X Lion by the one and only Paul Thurrott
    http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...-review-139776

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    The virus problem has largely been due to Windows lacking user accounts in any meaningful sort of way. This has meant that any application can do anything it feels like to the system, that is, a security breach in any application on the compute means a virus can do whatever the hell it feels like. With proper user accounts (and people that don't use the admin account for day-to-day business), as all modern operating systems support (as well as any UNIX system), writing viruses is a whole lot more difficult. Doesn't really matter if more people are targeting a specific platform.
    This maybe true with old Windows, but ever since Vista this has changed. Until OS X Lion was released, nearly all researchers agreed that Windows 7 was more secure than Snow Leopard. I still think some changes need to be done with Windows, like removing the Registry, but it is hard for Microsoft to unshackle the legacy if they want to maintain backwards compatibility.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

You are confused, maybe reading the previously linked to articles would help?
    I looked at those articles and it still stands, there's no way to 100% block viruses. Especially since they tend to target loopholes in coding. Only way to fully protect yourself is to be vigilant and check your computer regularly. Not to mention the first article uses the keyword resistant. Resistant isn't immunity. You could still get a virus.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I looked at those articles and it still stands, there's no way to 100% block viruses. Especially since they tend to target loopholes in coding. Only way to fully protect yourself is to be vigilant and check your computer regularly. Not to mention the first article uses the keyword resistant. Resistant isn't immunity. You could still get a virus.
    You are still confused. No one was speaking in absolute terms, only in comparison to other OSes. Also the articles discusses security by design not by obscurity.
    Last edited by Aizmov; 08-05-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

You are still confused. No one was speaking in absolute terms, only in comparison to other OSes. Also the articles discusses security by design not by obscurity.
    That's not to mention that's not the way you're coming off. You give off the impression that Macs can't get viruses. Not to mention with simple actions you can block 98% of viruses out there. So really, unless you're stupid and using Windows, viruses are a non issue. Last time I had any real breach to my computer was over a year ago.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information