AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one should win?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Sasorikiller

The results are hidden 0%
  • OiZuYeX

• Ardelia

• Cantelope

• SerenityFaye

• Serated

• Bibi of the Blue Sea

• Hyphen

• Midnight Outlaw

Closed Thread

Thread: Wallpaper of the Month [March 2011] - Voting

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Wallpaper of the Month [March 2011] - Voting

.: Wallpaper of the Month :.

Theme: It's green

RULES FOR VOTERS:
    • Participants are allowed to vote;
    • Users with less than 15 posts cannot vote (not valid for participants, they can vote regardless of post count);
    • General and AnimeWallpapers.com forum rules apply;
    • Don't cheat with multiple accounts or in any other way.
    • Advertising your wallpaper is allowed only in your signature. PMs or begging for votes is not.
    LIST OF ENTRIES:
    Sasorikiller:

Attachment 39029

OiZuYeX:

Ardelia:

Attachment 39553

Cantelope:

SerenityFaye:

Serated:

Attachment 39584

Bibi of the Blue Sea:

Attachment 39674

Hyphen:

Attachment 39818

Midnight Outlaw:

Attachment 39938

Rejected wallpapers:
    - xmobile008 : doesn't meet the theme and doesn't follow the rules

Poll closes April 9!!
    NOTE: Despite what the poll says about being public and the results visible to everyone, it's not true. The poll is PRIVATE and visible to me and the mods ONLY.

Good luck to the participants.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Default Re: Wallpaper of the Month [March 2011] - Voting

Although there are a LOT of good entries this time, I vote for Serated's. Apart from the amount of effort and creativity that must have went into it, it looks better to me. The subtle shadows near her feet make it look even more realistic, like she's actually a part of it.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

So many entries! I personally liked Bibi's the best. She utilized the whole space and used C4Ds that matched the renders very well. Serated's and Cantelope's looked amazing, but were too centered and felt too empty to me. Hyphen's was also great, but also had a problem with emptiness. Faye's wallpaper just really needed a background, a higher quality vector, and better text. Ardelia's was also cool, but the green was too bright and the background needed some texture to it. I liked the use of the silhouette on Sasori's, but the background feels too plain and doesn't quite fit the silhouette. I like the texture on Xey's, but the text doesn't really fit and Link just looks awkward like that...And Midnight Outlaw's was amazing. I had a tough time deciding between Bibi and Midnight, and it really all came down to use of space and which felt like it covered the theme more. I think the render could have been shifted to the right a bit, and then add some text that says "Fooly Cooly" or something like that on the left.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

For me, it came down to Bibi, Serated, and Hyphen here. Xey did not incorporate enough green into his wallpaper. Serenity and Cantelope used too much black in their wallpapers - despite the overall-good idea they had in mind for the product. Midnight Outlaw's wallpaper had some great effects, but the render was extremely distateful and did not make the submission a contender for first place for me. Ardelia could have easily won the contest, but the use of white in the wallpaper is overdone and should have been done below the darker green vines as a sort of embossing effect. My wallpaper does look good, but it has apparent flaws and the dimensions are much too exotic to get a good impression of what I tried to go there. This brings us to the aforementioned top three...

I really did like Hyphen's wallpaper, but the girl's position feels awkward and she takes up too much space in the wallpaper for my vote. Bibi's was certainly an excellent entry, but the white effects in the wallpaper are too out of place for a clean wallpaper. Serated's wallpaper, while there may be some things that may or may not've worked in it, was the most complete and clear wallpaper out of them all. In some categories Serated's wallpaper was defeated, but for an overall wallpaper he won out with this submission.

My vote went to Serated. Hyphen would've gotten second, with Bibi getting third.
    Last edited by Skilero; 04-03-2011 at 11:03 AM.

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I absolutely voted for Hyphen's. It' just astoundingly good and creative in every way.

Some of the others were good, but they were all lacking something. Hyphen's is the complete package. I said "Wow" out loud when I first saw it.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

Junior Member brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2011 04:28 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: brad12

ya right, Hyphen is awesome, voted for same. by the way nice wallpapers.

Senior Member Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2012 04:02 PM
    I live at my house. haha I know right hilarious?
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

My vote went to Cantelope! I felt like that piece had the best use of graphic effects. The others were great, but this one was by far my favorite. I think it'd look the best as a wall paper

AF's Resident Color Taster Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Chameleon Cookie Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2016 02:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sr Machinehead PSN ID: Sr_machinehead Steam ID: DocMK

I vote for Serated's wallpaper. It was a tough decision between many of them but this one just seems to feel the most like a wallpaper. It also incorporates the theme in greatly and the scenery looks great. I just think that out of all of them that specific wallpaper would look best on a desktop.

Set made by me
    "Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Closed Thread

Thread Information