AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle of the Month March Phase 3 Results

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Battle of the Month March Phase 3 Results

Congratulations to our grand final winner. Of course to bother you I am not announcing it up here, and because I am writing this long sentence you are still reading to add suspense, it makes it all the more sweeter. Still reading? Cool. Potato. This is fun..

FINAL ROUND: Zey Oiz vs Zenister vs MaruDashi

Zey hablfablebablbe oiz, brings forth a number of styles, including texturing a halftone effect pattern and smudging. A intersting composition choice given the stock, usually anime images are more fine tuned towards softer effects like vectors. The tag however lacks a center focus, as the stock is duplicated multiple times off center which disrupts what is built around it. The color is pretty flat as well, a very washed out yellow color, which could be bolstered far better with some sort of high saturated contrast color.

Grace-chan picks up on her new style of combing C4Ds and a simple blurred background as the primary effects and depth of the tag. Use of very strong yellows and purples help to build the contrast, and helped by the good use of text placement to even out the tag's design. But its lacks a good use of space. A little more than half the tag is empty blurred space, and most of the C4D effects are cluttered in front of, and behind the stock; when they could have been used far more loosely.

The Great Procrastinator (MaruDashi) shows up with a very dramatic entry. Doing what no other entry in this contest has done, and directly manipulates a stock into a vector. This theme is continued in the signature through the text, it being highly saturated in color, and also doubling as the signature's flow AND blending. Its not without its faults, the tag is actually very empty, it being placed on solid black background, and the vector being a little sloppily done especially in the black lines.

IN THE END, one must succeed, one must win, one must take the prize. And the judges have chosen MaruDashi as the winner. A very interesting, and yet simple piece of work. To meticulously go in actually manipulate a stock to your advantage is rarely seen, and really contribute to the entry's success, giving it far more personality.

To Ruru, you may use this badge to commemorate your eternal victory.

Congrats again to all entries, past and present, to those who made it this far, and to everyone who has help me along the way! Be sure to sign up for the BOTM April if you havent already!

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Default Re: Battle of the Month March Phase 3 Results

Hey, procrastination or not, I made the deadline ;3

And a big congrats to Zey Oiz and Zenister! There was a lot of tough competition!!

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Please don't call me -chan, it makes me flinch. XD

It was a good fight.

See you guys next time around.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Great job you guys, and very interesting sig. *-*
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information