AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Penshiru reviews Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Senior Member Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2013 11:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spp67

Default Penshiru reviews Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Published By: LucasArts
    Developed By: BioWare
    Genre: Sci Fi Role playing game
    Number of Players: 1 Player
    Release Dates: Xbox
    US July 15, 2003
    EU September12, 2003
    Microsoft Windows
    USA November19, 2003
    EU December 5, 2003
    (Steam)
    INT September 5, 2009
    Mac OS X
    NA September 7, 2004
    (App Store)
    NA February 18, 2011
    Platforms: Pc Windows, Mac, Xbox (Yes it does work
    for Xbox 360)
    Rated T for Teen: Violence

Story: This Star Wars game takes place 4,000 years before
    the rise of the Galactic Empire. (Before any of the movies). Your character
    that you choose either human male or female wakes up on a Republic ship that is
    in a fight with Sith Forces in charged by the main evil character Darth Malak.
    You then fight your way towards the ship and escape with a fellow Soldier. You
    then Crash on a Sith occupied planet Taris. You then have to rescue a Jedi
    Knight on the Planet and get a ship to take you out of the planet and to the
    Jedi safe haven known as Dantooine. You then are trained by the Jedi Masters to
    become a Jedi Knight to investigate a ruin on the planet. You then discover
    that ruin contains a map that contains locations all across the galaxy that
    could be the reason that Malak is so powerful. Your quest from there on is to
    find these locations and finally stop Darth Malak from taking over the
    Republic.

Characters in the Story: Along your journey you’re
    going to meet a number of different characters that will join your party. Each
    character has different specialties and different use in battle also each
    character has their own back story important for character development. You
    first met fellow solider Carth Onasi. I loyal Republic soldier that helps you
    on Taris after the crash and is your party member on Taris. A Twi’lek teenager
    named Mission Vao you find in Taris’ underworld a very vocal yet smart party
    member that uses stealth and is a good at demolitions. Her friend Zaalbar a
    Wookiee (hes the coolest character) warrior who protects Mission and your party
    that’s strong and uses his cross bow like a pro. A Jedi Knight named Bastila
    Shan (love her). She is a great wielder of the force and helps and fights alongside
    you. For some unknown reason you have a connection with Bastila that you have
    to find out. Utility droid T3-M4 (lame version of R2). Helps you open doors
    that are locked and can create computer spikes for you. Canderous Ordo a Mandalorian
    mercenary who loves battle and does great with lasers and heavy weapons. Jedi
    Jolee Bindo an old warrior that lives in the deep forest of Kashyyyk for his retirement
    plans. He is great wielder in the force and great sense of humor for an old
    guy. Assassin droid HK-47 (best character ever). He is trash talking droid that
    refers to humans as meat bags and from the start calls you master. You have to
    buy him it’s worth it trust me his dialogue is just too funny. Juhani a Jedi that
    has trouble dealing with her emotions but is learning to control them. Watch
    out for her. Your character can learn everything about these characters with
    most of them have a back story that you discover and help to gain trust. Though
    there is a mystery involving your character but no spoilers you have to find
    out on your own.

Other Characters: Due to the vast game there are so
    many characters that you as the main character will encounter during the game.
    From angry Wookiee warriors, sith warriors, mercenaries, gang members, SAND
    PEOPLE! And the world’s animal creatures that hurt you. The NPC’s in the game will
    talk to you depending on the path you talk. People will trust you more and like
    you if your light side. They will be fearful of you if decide to take the path
    of the dark.

Graphics and Locations: For game developed in 2003
    when the Xbox was considered new the graphics are really well done. When you go
    through the playable locations which are Tatooine, Dantooine, Kashyyyk, Korriban,
    Manaan, Rakata Prime, Taris, and space stations. Every location feels
    different. For example when you’re in Kashyyyk which is a forest planet you see
    forest everywhere and it’s raining, the creatures in Kashyyyk are creatures
    that would see in the forest lurking in the dark. Then you go to Tatooine and
    well it’s a desert city then you go to the desert and there is nothing there it
    seems for miles.

Sound: The sound design for this game to put it to a
    star wars fan it “feels like a star wars movie”. Though the score of the music
    is done by Jeremy Soule he does a good job and it feels like you’re watching a
    star wars movie with that breath taking music. The music changes with a frantic
    pace of Jedi fighting to a peaceful training session on Dantoonie. The music
    makes you feel your trying to accomplish something with in the universe. The sound
    for the voice actors of the characters are done very well as well. The only
    voice that annoyed me personally was Juhani. The voice acting for Hk-47 though
    is comedic and makes you laugh every time. The voice acting for the NPC’s is
    very good as well. The only thing that you will realize is that they use the
    same voice actor in the same voice actor a lot. Well when this game has 15000
    lines of dialogue for the main characters and the NPC I don’t think you can
    blame them for over using voices. The sound of the background noises is very
    impressive. When you’re walking in the jungle of the Kashyyyk homeworld you
    here a creature howling in the background. When you’re in a battle with a Jedi knight
    with every clash your lightsaber you here that unmistakable sound of two
    lightsabers hitting. With a laser you can hear them shooting in the background.
    Walking around the city you here flyers above. The sound in anything involving Star
    Wars is usually the best this to me is no exception.

Gameplay: This game was made in RPG style of Dungeons
    and Dragons dice roll of 20. So damage is based upon the roll and the
    characters defense. This is done in a fixed short interval of real time so
    every character gets a chance to attack. Though you can pause the battle and
    choose what attack you would like to preform or use an item. In this game your
    party levels up with you and that also includes your allies who don’t come
    along with you. This makes it so you can bring different party members to
    different locations also sometimes there is a time where you can’t bring a
    party member to a certain location and besides having everyone leveled up the
    same makes so you don’t have that one useless character. The final part of the
    gameplay is the dialogue. This is the first game I played where your choice
    matters. You can choose good nice answers, to help someone in need and not ask
    for a reward and get “light side points”. You then become a defender of the
    light. Or you could become an evil Jedi making fun of other people and
    sometimes lying and cheating them. Even threating them to your desire. This will
    give you “dark side’s points”. These actions will affect the ending of the game
    to what your character wants. Based on your good or bad choices. This game will
    not punish you for choosing either bag or good. This game logs 60 hours to
    complete

My Personal Opinion: I loved this game. I played
    this game when it first came out and everyone in a while I find myself playing
    it again. I have bet it 3 times. BioWare has become a great gaming company with
    the success of the Mass Effect games but this game started their fame I believe.
    I recommend this game for anyone. If you’re a star wars fan, an RPG fan, heck I
    have seen star wars haters and RPG haters love this game. So I believe this
    game is for everyone. You can find this game used on amazon for about $20.00 or
    you can find it on steam. Yes it does work on Xbox 360 though I did have some
    frame rate problems but I thinks its due I used the disc I bought back in 2004.

Gameplay: 9
    “The battle system takes some getting used to I think but once you do its Jedi time!”

Sound: 10
    “You feel like your living in the Star Wars universe
    trust me awesome music”

Story: 10
    "It’s a Stars Wars movie that you’re the Jedi and it’s still better to watch then the first
    episode.”

Replay Value:
    Moderate: Beating it twice is fine

(This is my first review;
    I plan on doing others but please tell me how I could make reviews better for
    the future. I formatted this review in the style of Kaitou’s reviews because I
    thought his was easy to read and follow so thanks to Kaitou+ Finally I’m sorry
    this review took so long as soon as I started school decided to destroy me with
    work but its all good)

2. Thanks Eris thanked for this post
    4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Penshiru reviews Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

This is indeed a nice game.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2013 12:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love this game and it is a lot of fun to play. The only thing i dont like about it is the lack of people to play with. I can never find groups for anything so it plays more of a rpg for me than a mmo.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information