AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what must children say whenever their parents ask them to stop watching anime?

Senior Member Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Black Beauty LesPauls AK47
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2019 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Teru_Murasame Steam ID: The_Human_Panzer

Default Re: what must children say whenever their parents ask them to stop watching anime?

Just say "Bleurgh!!! I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!!"

They'll shut right up, and back away from you slowly...

This is the life we chose, the life we lead... and there is only one guarantee: None of us will see Heaven

Let's start with a bullet

Senior Member Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon Coke Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2014 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Meteorkeeper

Default Re: what must children say whenever their parents ask them to stop watching anime?

This is what I enjoy doing it isn’t impeding my school work or whatever elts you do so having a little down time to do what I like is not a problem.
    You just don’t understand it and thus do not like it. Then try and coxes her into watching a good anime movie or a few good episodes of a carfuly selected anime. This is how I got my mom to back off a little.

Realistically though this might end up being something you just haft to deal with until you move out.
    The proud owner of the FIRST EVER self-perpetual neko gyroscope!

Member Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2011 01:47 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Cantelope View Post
    You say, "Thank you mother, for worrying about my future and trying to promote the idea of pursuing things that are known to lead to success in adult-life. I am truly lucky that I have parents who care about my well-being, a luxury that many children around the world do not have."

and then right after that, you have to explain your philosophy about non-contributive hobbies and the place they have in everyone's lives, and you have to reason it out well enough that she sees where you're coming from and begrudgingly accepts it. Hint: You're obviously never going to make someone agree with you if you have an indignant attitude and/or insult them.
    LOL! I totally agree with you. Usually when you have an attitude or insult them the result is normally an arguement. Rather than trying to get them to understand your point of view XD

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2023 06:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A hobby is about something that relaxes you, not so much about something,,, productive.
    Course, I thought this was like a think of a crazy thing the kids would say to the parents type thread so I was going to post something funny.
    "Geez MOM! Why do you keep going on about me watching anime? *mother nagging again* So what if you've had to put up with me for 42 years? Like you said, I'm 42 years old, and I can watch whatever I want!"

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

5. Thanks tesaamari thanked for this post
    Senior Member tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Book Be Mine Heart
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2015 05:11 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

haha, so you really wanna keep that attitude of yours huh?
    well, i can't do something with that...

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Haha, my mom didn't like anime. She though the characters looked like talking puppets, and that annoyed her. Sometimes I would be watching it and she'd come down to relax in her chair and then force me to change the channel to something that wasn't "stupid" to her, or else I wold be kicked out of the room. Over the years though, she got to see that I really liked anime, actually liked manga more then anime, and so she accepted it as something that made me happy and was glad that it makes me happy. I even got her to read some of the Hot Gimmick volumes, and she thought the storyline was pretty good. All I can say is, I hope your mom one day accepts that you like anime.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

8. Thanks tesaamari thanked for this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aleyna View Post
    Haha, my mom didn't like anime.
    At least her opinion changed.

My mum, on the other hand, sees anime nothing more as "cartoons" much like pretty much everyone else in my family (except for my nan, who seems to like cowboy bebop)

Since I now live alone (i.e. not with my parents) she stopped nagging me about my televisional preferences although I can give you the best example of a conversation regarding the subject that I had with her a few years ago.

Mum: "Why do you even watch it? they're cartoons. You're (insert an age that's supposedly too old), and you still watch sad little cartoons."
    Me: "Why do you watch Coronation Street? Why do you watch 'soaps'?"

I was watching Outlaw Star at the time, and Gene chose to drop one of his word bombs. No counter.

So yeah ... well, everyone I know has the same frame of mind. Parent complains they watch cartoons, kid directs parent to very violent/vulgar anime, parents never question them again. pretty much. O_o

edit

And yes, getting my mum to order an anime figurine for me was by far the most embarrassing exchange between mother and son that has ever happened.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2018 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: k9craze

Tell them "Hey, at least I don't do drugs."
    [Random words of wisdom here]
    [Photo signature here]
    [Random words here]

11. Thanks tesaamari thanked for this post
    Senior Member Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi's Avatar
    Gil
    Crappy
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2011 02:16 PM
    Threads

"It depends, if it's not a bad anime series, then tell them"Watch it for yourselves before you judge it". Hey parents don't mind shows with a little swearing, since almost every show that comes out has it.

13. Thanks tesaamari thanked for this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saotome View Post
    "It depends, if it's not a bad anime series, then tell them"Watch it for yourselves before you judge it". Hey parents don't mind shows with a little swearing, since almost every show that comes out has it.
    Yeah, it's kinda ironic that parents chastise the older siblings for watching what they deem "kids' cartoons" but it's perfectly acceptable for the 10-11-12-year-old son to play Call of Duty.

Oh, and for the record, the first time my parents heard me watching something with bad words in it, they went INSANE. Much like they did when I bought my own laptop to 1-up my dad's restrictions on internet usage.

Real talk.
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 03-16-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

My mom finds anime real interesting and also finds it cute. But she doesn't watch it with me, but she is a reader so during her day off or on break she brings in Shojo mangas with her and reads. I didn't influence her to like it but just give it a chance and see why I used to like some of those stuff. I prefer reading mangas over watching anime. I get in to it better for some reason.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

You should listen to your mother. Anime is a foul daemon that seeks to corrupt the minds of children. Avoid it, at all costs.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    You should listen to your mother. Anime is a foul daemon that seeks to corrupt the minds of children. Avoid it, at all costs.
    miniPhil!! You speak blasphemy!!!

Senior Member Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Assassination time!!! XD
    Last edited by Teru Murasame; 03-17-2011 at 12:25 PM.

This is the life we chose, the life we lead... and there is only one guarantee: None of us will see Heaven

Senior Member Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi's Avatar
    Gil
    Crappy
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Yeah, it's kinda ironic that parents chastise the older siblings for watching what they deem "kids' cartoons" but it's perfectly acceptable for the 10-11-12-year-old son to play Call of Duty.

Oh, and for the record, the first time my parents heard me watching something with bad words in it, they went INSANE. Much like they did when I bought my own laptop to 1-up my dad's restrictions on internet usage.

Real talk.
    Too true, parents will let you play violent video games, but not watch anime. And way to stick it to your dad!

Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

I guess AF just can't accept the truth.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I guess AF just can't accept the truth.
    Oh, just you wait. We WILL feast upon you soon enough. Next time you post in the Cannibal thread,,, it's on like Donkey Kong, LOL.

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuInu!!! View Post
    Tell them "Hey, at least I don't do drugs."
    Are you trying to imply that you can't do drugs and watch anime at the same time? I think that's a pretty terrible way to mount a defense for anime.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    Oh, just you wait. We WILL feast upon you soon enough. Next time you post in the Cannibal thread,,, it's on like Donkey Kong, LOL.
    Don't mess with him, miniPhil. He's hungry for some gourmet-cooked N00B!!!

And as for this whole parent debacle, I stand by what I said. Just yell "I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!!" They'll back right off...

Gil
    Crappy
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all, because your parents will always get the last word.

26. Thanks tesaamari thanked for this post
    Senior Member tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Book Be Mine Heart
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2015 05:11 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saotome View Post
    Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all, because your parents will always get the last word.
    haha, i never lose hope.who knows? mom may love anime soon, too

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

why join AF if you're against anime?

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

Get a dog or something.

They're more entertaining.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Member kimupapa is on a distinguished road kimupapa's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2011 01:08 AM
    Threads

Anime IS cartoon. I'll just tell them that I'm still a kid AND I CAN DO VATEVER I WANT.

Cute Member Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Heart Camera Dslr Venus Crystal Henshin Pen
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 04:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My parents like me watching anime :3 In fact, they're the ones who tell me when it's on TV or w/e @w@
    Set by me.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆
    |Sigma★|
    |Kaitou$|Daken :'D|Neuko's Pokemon Trainer|
    |AF onii-chan: Jump_for_Luck||dark_butterfly's mommy|
    |Elphaba's Penguin|Proud daughter of Aleyna and Anuket|
    ~ ♥ ~

Closed Thread

Thread Information