AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn episode 3 discussion (SPOILERS)

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn episode 3 discussion (SPOILERS)

Finally watched the episode and it was great. It's a good mix of episode one's break-neck action and episode two's plot progression. The pacing was disjointed a bit, especially in the middle compared to episode two. There's some good character development here, especially Daguza and Banagher. Turns out, Daguza isn't really a jerk. He just needs to act like one so he can do his job. He was a pretty great guy and his death scene was quite powerful and brutal. According to this guy I know who read the novels, the OVA omitted one flashback scene about Daguza. The flashback showed him in a more sympathetic light and how ECOAS got the nickname "Manhunter unit". Also Riddhe and Banagher had a small "bro" moment.

The battle of Palau was pretty forking awesome and it was neat to see some old suits from ZZ. I didn't realize the Zeon remnants were desperate enough even to use the Dra-C from the Delaz Fleet. We also see Marida's past. Glemy Toto and Qubeley Mass Production types even make cameos. Marida's prostitute past has been sanitized a bit and omitted some explicit stuff. The Kshatriya/Unicorn battle irked me since there's a bit of stock footage. Normally I wouldn't complain if it's a TV series but this is an OVA. They had a bigger budget and had six months to animate the episode. It's not SEED quality stock footage but c'mon. At least the funnel hijack bit was badass. Oh and it's not "Puru" after all. The official translation is "Ple". But the lolicon in me still prefers Puru. It sounds cuter.

And finally the battle near Earth's atmosphere. This was pure smex and the music they used was epic, especially the part where Banagher went berserk and unleashed holy hell after Daguza's death. He gave that girly boy, Angelo, a good whupping. It was pretty obvious Gilboa is gonna bite the dust here. I mean so many obvious death flags. Overall, it was another great episode. Superb action and excellent animation. I'm really looking forward to episode 4. Sigh. Another six month wait I guess...

Speaking of episode 4.

Fork yeah! Bright forking Noa! The Shamblo! The Jesta! The battle of Port Dakar! Did I mention Bright forking Noa?
    Last edited by Admiral Muffin; 03-11-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn episode 3 discussion (SPOILERS)

Great review. I have yet to watch Episode 3 but will try and do so at some point this week.

Also, I can't wait to see Bright and the Jesta in Episode 4!

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Decepticons Eva NERV Aquarius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2012 10:45 AM
    Pinole, California, United States, 107905739230377, Pinole, California
    Threads

Looking forward to OVA 4. I hope more cameos make it in. Any chance Kou Uraki or anymore people from the previous shows make an appearance? The hi-jack funnel was awesome, but out of all the characters, Marida is shaping up as one of my most liked characters. And for a good reason or not, I can't find myself to like the dude with the purple hair. I don't even wanna bother wikiing his name.
    "I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of saying thanks." -Heero Yuy

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    Threads

I'm not sure but I heard Kai Shiden also made a cameo in the original novels. I haven't heard anything about Kou Uraki but the Torrington base in Australia will make an appearance. Yes, I have to agree. Marida Cruz is shaping up to be a fan favorite. The purple-haired dude's name is Angelo Sauper and just like Marida, he has a pretty...uh..."colorful" history.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information