AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There's got to be a logical explanation for all this.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Vagrere is a splendid one to behold Vagrere is a splendid one to behold Vagrere is a splendid one to behold Vagrere is a splendid one to behold Vagrere is a splendid one to behold Vagrere is a splendid one to behold Vagrere is a splendid one to behold Vagrere's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2011 06:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default There's got to be a logical explanation for all this.

That is to say, I'm still having more trouble than I like with slightly complicated sentence structures. -///-

I need some help figuring out a line from something I've been reading. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of context offered by surrounding text; the situation is simply that one of the (human) characters has been brainwashed by aliens and is being sent to defeat a former ally.

"記憶をあえて残し感情を強化することがこうも有効に働くはな…やはり愚かな種族よ…"

The second part of that is pretty obvious ("LOLOL, humans are dumb!"*) but that stretch before the first ellipsis is giving me trouble—to the point where I really have no idea what the general thread of what's being said is. Any assistance you could offer would be amazing.

*Yes, I know it doesn't literally say that.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: There's got to be a logical explanation for all this.

You can split the sentence into 3 parts:

記憶をあえて残し
    感情を強化することがこうも有効に働くはな…
    やはり愚かな種族よ…

To go as far as leaving behind their memories,
    so that they would have such an effective means of intensifying their emotions...
    they are such a foolish race...

With the translation, you can probably figure out the grammar on your own now, but let me know if you want some explanation.
    Last edited by animeyay; 03-09-2011 at 06:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information