AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dating Websites

AF's Cannibal (Forum Admin-ium) The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2014 12:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dating Websites

Kinda depends. Is the person joining these sites cause they "gotta get a GF/BF, just HAVE to get a GF/BF!", or cause they're like, "what the hell, maybe I'll meet someone, maybe I won't, who cares."? I'll admit, I've joined a few and usually unjoined once I discovered you have to pay. Although I guess I still have a OKcupid account and a plentyoffish account, but never really use them.
    For the most part, I have to say dating sites are nothing but a waste of time and often money.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 10:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

With the exception of Rebel, I think the posters here are really too young for dating sites. Until you're out of college, you mostly spend your days surrounded by, interacting with, and getting to know people you could ask out. There are also tons of parties and acitivities going on that you could ask them out to go to, and you usually have the free time to attend conventions and all sorts of stuff like that.

Once outside that envioronment it's a different situation. You still meet people at work, but work relationships can be a bad idea, and may actually be prohibited entirely or considered unethical especially if you're a supervisor or manager. You also don't have such a flexible schedule and precious little vacation time, which is often spent visiting distant family.

I married the girl I was dating when I graduated college, but many of my friends who were single after graduation seem to be stuck in a sort of dating limbo due to not meeting people. Some of them are trying dating sites, and maybe some of the others should.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 03-17-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Member Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2011 04:18 PM
    Threads

No, other than the fact that I have a boyfriend already..I prefer to be friends with someone if I am attracted to them in that way; before we date or anything. And I usually can't make 'close' friends online, just chat buddies when it comes to people I don't already know in person. ^^;

AF's Cannibal (Forum Admin-ium) The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    With the exception of Rebel, I think the posters here are really too young for dating sites. Until you're out of college, you mostly spend your days surrounded by, interacting with, and getting to know people you could ask out. There are also tons of parties and acitivities going on that you could ask them out to go to, and you usually have the free time to attend conventions and all sorts of stuff like that.

Once outside that envioronment it's a different situation. You still meet people at work, but work relationships can be a bad idea, and may actually be prohibited entirely or considered unethical especially if you're a supervisor or manager. You also don't have such a flexible schedule and precious little vacation time, which is often spent visiting distant family.

I married the girl I was dating when I graduated college, but many of my friends who were single after graduation seem to be stuck in a sort of dating limbo due to not meeting people. Some of them are trying dating sites, and maybe some of the others should.
    Very good points here. Alot of our members here are pre-teen and teen aged. And so they are still in a lifestyle that not only allows, but encourages large amounts of "free" interaction. If you opt for college, then that "free" interaction gets cut down, cause many college students HAVE to get jobs to pay for college. And many, if not all jobs frown on people socializing instead of working.
    And once you are done with ALL your schooling, you are now part of the adult culture. You HAVE to have a job, and work hard, and get promotions. As mentioned by sunnyside, you are now down to very little free time for interaction. Sadly, being adult sucks, and many kids don't believe this TIL they've had to experience it.
    In addition to what sunnyside mentioned, alot of us adults have to work at night. I had a job where I worked 10pm to 8am, six days aweek, and spent my days TRYING to sleep. Kinda hard to do when the world is hussling and bussling right outside your door.
    Sadly, this is OFTEN when people turn to dating sites. After all, if you work at night, you want to date someone with the same schedule, but don't always have the time to "go out" looking for that someone. Thus the appeal of saving what little time you have, and just searching online for someone.
    But, dating sites are pretty much only good for draining your wallet, and your bank account. They charge you ten to twenty bucks amonth and it takes MONTHS if lucky to even find someone interested.
    Honestly, adult life sucks, and the internet that supposedly is supposed to make our lives better and more convient has only managed to remove many of the "personal" aspects of our lives.
    Last edited by The Rebel; 03-17-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Senior Member Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Wolf Bonsai Tree Heart
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2013 11:33 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Teru_Murasame

I'll never use a dating website. Not only are they expensive, but people can lie on those things as well. You think you got yourself a great girl, but come to find out you got a golddigger or someone who sleeps around behind your back.

Waste of time. Online dating should never be an option.

Signature made by Avi-Chan!!!
    Sisters: Avril4E, YuriEcchiGirl, miyabikazama
    Brother: Tanenr Redday
    Father: MeteorKeeper

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 10:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teru Murasame View Post
    I'll never use a dating website. Not only are they expensive, but people can lie on those things as well. You think you got yourself a great girl, but come to find out you got a golddigger or someone who sleeps around behind your back.

Waste of time. Online dating should never be an option.
    I have some bad news for you regarding people you meet in real life...

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    But, dating sites are pretty much only good for draining your wallet, and your bank account. They charge you ten to twenty bucks amonth and it takes MONTHS if lucky to even find someone interested.
    Oh come on, that's like the cost of one to four nice adult dates for a whole year on the site. Though I take it from your tone they haven't worked out so well for you. It seems like they should be really good if someone is looking for a particular set of qualities. If not there is the occasional singles mixer and speed dating thing around, I see ads for those every now and then.

It seems like people should be able to meet someone if they're engaged in some hobby, sport, or something like that. But it seems like most of those tend to strongly favor one gender or the other, and the members of the uncommon gender probably already have somebody.

Honestly, adult life sucks, and the internet that supposedly is supposed to make our lives better and more convient has only managed to remove many of the "personal" aspects of our lives.
    Well, college was pretty awesome, but there are nice things about adult life as well. Though I suppose that depends on how things shake out.

I do wonder if things might be different for my single friends if they didn't have their computers and televisions. I briefly tried to think of what people did before those, but as far as I can tell the historical answer is "start having kids at 18".
    Last edited by sunnyside; 03-17-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It seems like people should be able to meet someone if they're engaged in some hobby, sport, or something like that. But it seems like most of those tend to strongly favor one gender or the other, and the members of the uncommon gender probably already have somebody.
    Often true. Or if it IS something both genders are into, you may find a VAST age difference in it. I've noticed at the two conventions I attended,,, most of the girls were teens to maybe very early twenties. Where there were quite afew guys close to my age, (36).

I do wonder if things might be different for my single friends if they didn't have their computers and televisions. I briefly tried to think of what people did before those, but as far as I can tell the historical answer is "start having kids at 18".
    You know what's funny, I WAS around back then. Kids would ACTUALLY go outside to play, parents sat around watching news or went to work. And then, when they were ALL in the house, we'd do this thing called "diner discussions". Boy, I tell ya. Life was seriously stoneage back then.

Member Sir Dutchman has a reputation beyond repute Sir Dutchman has a reputation beyond repute Sir Dutchman has a reputation beyond repute Sir Dutchman has a reputation beyond repute Sir Dutchman has a reputation beyond repute Sir Dutchman has a reputation beyond repute Sir Dutchman has a reputation beyond repute Sir Dutchman has a reputation beyond repute Sir Dutchman has a reputation beyond repute Sir Dutchman has a reputation beyond repute Sir Dutchman has a reputation beyond repute Sir Dutchman's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2011 07:49 PM
    Threads

I made a profile a few times, to see what kind of matches I'd get. But well, I'm turned off by every single one of them. I just can't say if I like someone or not from just some information she decided to give. She can put as much info as she wants on it, but really... I can't say I can know someone if I haven't interacted with her at all. From just online profiles they all seem like whores.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information