AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Wallpaper of the Month [March 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Wallpaper of the Month [March 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

.: Wallpaper of the Month :.

Theme: It's green (basicly you have to use the green color somewhere on the wallpaper)

Saint Patrick's Day is a religious holiday celebrated internationally on 17 March. It is named after Saint Patrick (c. AD 387–461), the most commonly recognised of the patron saints of Ireland. It originated as a Catholic holiday and became an official feast day in the early 17th century. It has gradually become more of a secular celebration of Ireland's culture.

In every year since 1991, March has been proclaimed Irish-American Heritage Month by the US Congress or President due to the date of St. Patrick's Day. Today, Saint Patrick's Day is widely celebrated in America by Irish and non-Irish alike. It is one of the leading days for consumption of alcohol in the United States, and is typically one of the busiest days of the year for bars and restaurants. Many people, regardless of ethnic background, wear green clothing and items. Traditionally, those who are caught not wearing green are pinched affectionately.

RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
    1. The wallpaper must be your own work (if not you get the boot );
    2. The wallpaper must not be already on AW;
    3. Animation may not be used;
    4. Hentai will not be accepted, however mild ecchi is allowed;
    5. Only Anime and Games related wallpapers will be accepted;
    6. Allowed sizes are 4:3 (minimum 1280x960), 5:4 (minimum 1280x1024), 5:3 (wide screen, minimum 1280x768), 16:9 (wide screen, minimum 1280x720) and 16:10 (wide screen, minimum 1280x800). There is no top limit, just keep it within the aspect ratios (more info about the ratios here)!!!
    7. All entries must have "Animewallpapers.com" along with your forum name on the bottom of your entry (all of the submissions will be compared to the AW.com regulations and uploaded on the site);
    8. All posts must include the anime/game name the characters on their wallpaper are from. If the characters don't belong anywhere categorize them as "Miscellaneous";
    9. All posts must include the links to the original stocks used;
    10. You are allowed to submit only one wallpaper, however you can submit more different aspect ratios of the same wallpaper;
    11. You can change your wallpaper as many times as you wish until we close the submission thread (this thread) by editing your post;
    12. By entering, you are giving the Anime Globe Productions LLC irrevocable right to use your entry through site promotion and so on (Artists will still be credited).

OTHER INFO:
    • Submissions are to be submitted into this thread;
    • This thread is for submissions and questions only. Each post without a submission or a question posted will be deleted and depending of the moderator's decision, the user may receive an infraction. Comments will be allowed in the results thread;
    • The submission thread closes March 31;
    • For stocks check the Resources sticky or the Uploads subforum (don't forget to give appropriate credit on the wallpaper for extractions used).

THE PRIZES:
    1st place: $25 Amazon/iTunes gift certificate (the winner will decide which of the two options they want);
    2nd place: See who left reputation (from the AF shop);
    3rd place: PM Inbox Size Increase (from the AF Shop).

Staff choice: a tag and the badge

Good luck to everyone and may St. Patrick be with you.

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Default Re: Wallpaper of the Month [March 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

The first attached file will be my submission for the Wallpaper of the Month of March 2011. The second file is the render I used from PlanetRenders.net user Sabrac. The ratio of the wallpaper is 4:3.

I wish the best of luck to all participants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dktdssss.jpeg‎
Views:	217
Size:	628.3 KB
ID:	39029   Click image for larger version

Name:	HatsuneMikuPULTRender.png‎
Views:	114
Size:	952.8 KB
ID:	39030  

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Wallpaper of the Month [March 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

My ratio is 16:9, I got the render from planetrenders.net from the member LEGOslayer which you should know if you visit the site often... anyways moving on, also does it matter if animewallpapers.com is on the right side instead of being on the bottom, if it isn't then I'll edit it as soon as possible.

The wallpaper, not bad for my first wallpaper, I think?

To view it fully the best thing to do is to right click and get the direct link. (Sorry I don't know how to thumbnail. ;_;)

The link to the render I used, you have to sign up to view it. o_O;;
    http://www.planetrenders.net/renders..._display_media

Good luck you guys. ^_^;;
    Last edited by Xeyuzio; 03-13-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Oizuyex View Post
    ... also does it matter if animewallpapers.com is on the right side instead of being on the bottom, if it isn't then I'll edit it as soon as possible.
    That's ok for me, but it is recommended to put the tag at the bottom, so the taskbar hides it when used.

Member Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2012 11:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Alice Margatroid from Touhou Project (doujin game) © ZUN/Team Shanghai Alice
    Wallpaper ratio: 16:9 (1366x768; yes, my laptop's)
    Render from animerender.net; extracted by ella

Tell me if I have done anything wrong, and good luck to all participants.

nb: I am Arxia! lol I changed my username then again I'm too lazy to fix the credits on my wallpaper. Oh well, there are still plenty of times until the deadline. Maybe later >_>;

Name:	green-wall.png‎
Views:	228
Size:	807.8 KB
ID:	39553   Click image for larger version

Name:	gallery_34553_1_1020414.png‎
Views:	91
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	39554  
    Last edited by Ardelia; 03-17-2011 at 07:22 AM.
    | |Aish Arxia | Long-Straight-Black Hair Fetish | aiccha-aibon@dA|

[R]: Umineko no Naku Koro ni | Subarashiki Hibi | Owaru Sekai to Birthday
    [W]: Gintama | Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita | Shirokuma Cafe | SKET Dance

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Direct Link for quick full-view http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3708/marchwotm.jpg
    1600x900, 16:9 ratio (obv)

This didn't come out looking as good as I imagined it would....oh well, good practice anyways, featuring what's labeled as Illust011-Healer.jpg from FlyFF.

I found the FlyFF girl thing inside the official fankit: http://flyff.gpotato.com/?m=media&a=fankit
    Flowers http://browse.deviantart.com/resourc...t=120#/d11nyyn
    http://browse.deviantart.com/resourc...uquet#/d1fohmx
    Last edited by Cantelope; 03-23-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: slight entry tweaks

Senior Member SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Rageface PPG Blossom
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SerenityFayeSpiegel

4:3 ratio

the image is 1280x960 you have to open it in a new tab to get it to show as that size.

Stocks:
    http://www.animegalleries.net/img/1168

http://www.glogster.com/media/2/10/49/80/10498048.jpg

http://prismreptilerobot.net/wp-cont...bol.svg.hi.png
    Last edited by SerenityFaye; 03-19-2011 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Resize fixed.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Original Stock: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/428922
    Character: Elincia Ridell Crimea
    Game: Fire Emblem
    Studio: Nintendo

Uploading the largest ratio (8:5). Background, sky, etc painted from scratch in Photoshop using brush and other basic tools. Good luck to everyone else.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GREEN-Wallpaper-8-5-Ratio.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	39584

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

SerenityFaye, your submission is too small (800x600). It should be at least 1280x960 (4:3 ratio). I see you have it uploaded on photobucket, which is known to resize images. If your original wallpaper is bigger, upload it on another host and edit your post to reflect the change.

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

Well, I'm going to try.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wotm169.png
Views:	241
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	39674

Extraction is by Serated.
    Ratio: 16:9
    Character: Alleyne
    I got the C4D from planetrenders.net
    Last edited by Bibi of the Blue Sea; 03-22-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Here's mine. I made two more versions: one that has no names on it, and one with just AW.net on it.
    EDIT: fixed AW.net to AW.com

Name:	Wotm march copy.png‎
Views:	237
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	39818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wotm march noname.png‎
Views:	87
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	39819  

Senior Member Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2013 05:10 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Series: Fooly Cooly

Name:	Wallpaper of the Month Contest [Submission].jpg‎
Views:	0
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	39936   Click image for larger version

Name:	originalstock.jpg‎
Views:	74
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	39937   Click image for larger version

Name:	marchwotm.jpg‎
Views:	180
Size:	563.2 KB
ID:	39938  
    Last edited by Midnight Outlaw; 03-29-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Last day before the contest closes. Hurry and turn in your wallpapers.

Junior Member xmobile008 is on a distinguished road xmobile008's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2011 06:18 AM
    Threads

Exclamation Re: Wallpaper of the Month [March 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    Last day before the contest closes. Hurry and turn in your wallpapers.
    ahm..hope you like it... thank[/QUOTE]

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.jpg‎
Views:	90
Size:	596.2 KB
ID:	40011   Click image for larger version

Name:	reniel.jpg‎
Views:	87
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	40012   Click image for larger version

Name:	jk.jpg‎
Views:	188
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	40013   Click image for larger version

Name:	bgfbv.jpg‎
Views:	71
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	40014  
    Last edited by xmobile008; 04-01-2011 at 06:45 AM. Reason: just want to share

Closed Thread

Thread Information