AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone knows an anime like Death Note?

Junior Member キラー is on a distinguished road キラー's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2011 12:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Does anyone knows an anime like Death Note?

I watched DN and its the best anime i ever saw.
    Does anyone know an anime like DN???

2. Likes monicadionie liked this post
    Junior Member monicadionie is on a distinguished road monicadionie's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2011 03:11 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Does anyone knows an anime like Death Note?

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
    I like this anime. its not very similar like a death note, but very intresting too.

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2012 11:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hmmm... Can you be more specific in what you're looking for?

Because if you want people disappearing because of revenge or by an instrument or something like that check out Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl).
    If you want strategic and logical stuff try Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
    Some people say "You can't have it all." I say "I can try~!!!" - OtakuInu!!!

Twitter-Tumblr
    -DevArt-YouTube-Formspring

OtakuInu~!!! Red V.I.P dango

Junior Member trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2011 04:13 PM
    Threads

Monster! Starts off a bit slower than Death Note. But' it's ammmaazzziinngg!

Senior Member Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2012 04:35 PM
    Threads

Yeah if you liked death note then check out code geass, you'll probably find it interesting.

"Life's a game, no one gets out alive"

Junior Member Rin_Okumura_Fangirl has much to be proud of Rin_Okumura_Fangirl has much to be proud of Rin_Okumura_Fangirl has much to be proud of Rin_Okumura_Fangirl has much to be proud of Rin_Okumura_Fangirl has much to be proud of Rin_Okumura_Fangirl has much to be proud of Rin_Okumura_Fangirl has much to be proud of Rin_Okumura_Fangirl has much to be proud of Rin_Okumura_Fangirl has much to be proud of Rin_Okumura_Fangirl has much to be proud of Rin_Okumura_Fangirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2011 02:07 PM
    Threads

ao no exorcist pwns.

Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

I third Code Geass.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

9. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Junior Member MysteryMoney is on a distinguished road MysteryMoney's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2011 02:07 AM
    Threads

Click image for larger version

Name:	1215643010496_f.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	54773I highly suggest Spiral or Zombie Loan. Though Spiral's theme is a lot more similar to Death Note than any other anime I have watched, but on another scale Zombie Loan is similar and addictive but isn't as similar as Spiral.

Spiral-The main protagonist has an enormous amount of intellegence his eldest step sister is a detective who is his siter realated by marriage. but when a chain of mysterious murders start to appear he is the only one who can truly figure out who is responsible for the massacres and see if thay have anything to do with the blade children or his eldest brother who dissapeared when he was a young boy.

zombie loan- zombie loan has some basic similarities to death note such as shinigami and shinigami eyes as well as the style of clothes, though the main story is about 50% similar to DEath NoTe.

side note: the picture of the shinigami and the bloody teenagers is Zombie Loan and the group of high school students is Spiral

Click image for larger version

Name:	zombieloan.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	54772
    hope this helps!Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCAF2428V.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	54771
    Last edited by MysteryMoney; 12-01-2011 at 02:24 AM. Reason: not enough info

Junior Member Lollipox is on a distinguished road Lollipox's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2011 12:47 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by trunkiu View Post
    Monster! Starts off a bit slower than Death Note. But' it's ammmaazzziinngg!
    I am almost done with Death Note and was looking for something similar. I watched the first three episodes and thought it was too slow. Perhaps I'll give it a second try. =)

Junior Member FaintSmile is on a distinguished road FaintSmile's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2012 02:47 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ManicForest

I completely agree with those who said Monster. The suspense is very psychological like Death Note, and they both revolve around sociopaths (Johan and Light).

Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Shiki
    Its story is pretty different, but there's just something similar there.

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't watch much psychological mysteries so the only one I can recommend is Eden of the East.
    Though if you want some mystery in a 'dark' setting try Kara no Kyoukai or Baccano!
    They aren't that similar to DN but if you like Death Note you will most likely like them.

Also for manga try Onani Master Kurosawa. It's a doujinshi that reached pretty good fame. It starts off as a Death Note parody about masturbation but ends up becoming an incredible manga that I recommend to anyone.
    Senjougahara Fascination

Senior Member Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2012 11:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: ehrenk

Try Code Geass its got pretty much the same style.

Member mangeassshajigan is on a distinguished road mangeassshajigan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Flag One Piece Wanted Poster One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2012 06:28 PM
    Threads

u shud seriously try code geass its similar to dn except with mechas and it is about 30000x better than death note

Senior Member Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Be Mine Soras Keyblade Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2013 09:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nickasaur PSN ID: Cloudynick Steam ID: xSykesx

Try Code Geass. Great show just like death note ^)^

Proud Fangirl Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 02:04 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Shiki
    Its story is pretty different, but there's just something similar there.
    Interesting.... I didn't see any similarities between Death Note and Shiki. Can you elaborate?

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Anime-planet.com:
    "Both Shiki and Death Note examine the psychology of murderers. These are both incredibly dark series with a "grey-and-grey" mortality to them. Can either Light or L be called a hero? Are the shiki or humans in the wrong? Both series are a visual treat to boot. If you like morally ambiguous, psychological horror-thrillers, these series are both excellent choices."
    Which basically sums up how I feel, in better words.

Junior Member stfulily is on a distinguished road stfulily's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2012 06:21 PM
    Threads

Code Geass. Even though I'm only on the second episode, it really reminds me of Death note.
    Signature? What's that?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2014 04:56 PM
    Threads

How do you mean "like"? You need to be much more specific.

Junior Member Richard7 is on a distinguished road Richard7's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2013 04:00 PM
    Threads

hey, there's no anime like death note :P but there are some worth to check out.
    You probarbly would like:
    Gantz
    Berserk
    Hellsing
    ergo proxy
    elfen lied
    deadmans wonderland
    blood +

these are all pretty good, if you really want something a look a like death note you should stick with: monster

Junior Member Stockgenius is on a distinguished road Stockgenius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2013 12:29 PM
    Threads

Shiki and Code Geass definitely tops the list here. Check them out!
    Find Similar Anime to Your favorites! - Anime Like Code Geass

Junior Member clark24 is on a distinguished road clark24's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2013 05:44 AM
    Threads

Animes that are like Death Note are hard to come by, as it's so unique, and that's what makes it so great! However, here are some other animes that have similar genres and a more serious/Death-Note-ish vibe to them.

Darker Than Black
    Gankatsuou
    Ghost in the Shell
    Gunslinger Girl
    Hell Girl ---> (This ones particularly good! Probably the most like death note.)
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Last edited by clark24; 09-21-2013 at 03:01 AM.

Senior Member ~OTAKYU~ is on a distinguished road ~OTAKYU~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Pen IPhone Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads

Talking Re: Does anyone knows an anime like Death Note?

try Baccano!

Plot:
    Aboard the ship Advenna Avis in 1711, a group of alchemists summon a demon in the hopes of gaining eternal life. The demon gives them an elixir of immortality and the method of ending their existence, by "devouring" one another, and grants the summoner Maiza Avaro the formula of the elixir. Maiza and most of the alchemists decide that no one else must become immortal; only Szilard Quates opposes. The night, the alchemists begin to disappear, devoured by Szilard. Realizing the threat posed by staying together, they scatter across the globe.
    In New York City during November 1930, Szilard succeeds in recreating the elixir, only to have it stolen by young thug Dallas Genoard. The elixir continually moves around the city because of Dallas, the three mafiosi Gandor brothers, the two eccentric thieves Isaac Dian and Miria Harvent and Firo Prochainezo and his Camorra family, the Martillo, all of whom do not realize what it is. Szilard makes Dallas an incomplete immortal (meaning he still ages) to retrieve the elixir. SPOILER! However, the Gandor, Firo Prochainezo, the Martillo, and Isaac and Miria accidentally consume the elixir. Firo falls in love with Szilard's homunculus Ennis. After she betrays Szilard by telling Firo how to devour Szilard, Firo uses the knowledge he absorbed from Szilard to save her from death. The Gandor cement Dallas to a barrel at the bottom of the Hudson River to punish him for killing Gandor members.

Junior Member Idiotchan is an unknown quantity at this point Idiotchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2014 07:29 AM
    Threads

You can try Code Geass or Mirai Nikki.
    They're both pretty similar with Death Note and if you ask me, they're all great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information