Hi! Because a lot of people just tend to skip over the rules I write, I am going to give you a run down of this new contest and how it works. As the title proclaims, this is a drawing contest, but it isn’t exclusively about drawing; I will also accept Traditional paintings (Ie. Watercolors, acrylics), digital paintings, and anything in between as long as you scan it or photograph.
The gist of this contest is to expand on what we already have, and what better? Your entries will have to be completely original though, meaning you can’t just trace an image in a magazine or something; you have to put a little creative thinking on these contests. Depending on entries, this contest may be a monthly, or longer.
In order to send an entry, send a private message to me with the title ‘DOTM March Entry’ or ‘Drawing of the Month March Entry;’ this contest is to be anonymous. Please make sure you title the entry properly so I don’t lose it.
So without further ado, the contest’s theme and basics of it.
Drawing of the Month March Theme
Theme: Still Life
The objective here is to draw a Still Life, meaning it’s of an object or group of objects. The most common still lives are ones of apples and vases. Certainly, you can find some objects in your home to draw.
1) The entry must be of a good viewing size; nothing too big, nothing too small. Please try to the keep the basic pixel amounts around 1000, and the files size within at the most 2 MB. If you need help scaling down your entry, PLEASE ASK.
2) Check with Serated if you are unsure about "appropriate content" for this contest (E.G. no ‘H’ based images or anything too ecchi)
3) All entries MUST be in by 19:00 GMT (non-adjusted) Sunday, March 19th, 2010
5) You are NOT required to sign Animegalleries.net on your entry. You cannot, however, sign your entry with your name; the contest is to be anonymous.
1) You are only allowed to enter one piece that has been created by YOU and has not been used in any other competition or posted anywhere else on the internet. If you wish to edit or change your entry BEFORE the contest beings, you may do so.
2) Any reference to subjects like missed deadlines, entering, not entering, are NOT tolerated. It provides a clear indication of who may (not) be involved in the competition, while potentially 'giving away' entries. Disclosure of drawing author, be it yours or another participants, will result in BOTH drawings being disqualified from the competition.
3) All comments regarding the DOTM competition should be made in the Theme Topic. Should you have any concerns or queries after the topic closure please contact Serated.
4) You are responsible for your entries arriving to Serated. Serated is not responsible for your entry not following any of the above rules or not following the theme. Your entry will be deleted without notification, so it is always good to double check your entry.
All entries and participants must abide by the aforementioned rules otherwise risk having their entry disqualified (incl. late or do not follow criteria of the theme).
All entries must be PMed to Serated by March 19th, all entries sent after will not be entered. Please label your message ‘DOTM March Entry.’