AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PS3 is disadvantaged by Xbox

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2024 10:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Smile PS3 is disadvantaged by Xbox

Because the Xbox360 can't handle the graphics PS3 is capable of, the games that run on both consoles are much simpeler for PS3.
    Let's take Call of Duty: Black ops as example.
    Black ops is so compressed, that it could fit more than 10 times on a blu ray disc.
    PS3 only games like Killzone 3, would need SEVEN XBOX DISCS to have the same specifications as PS3!
    This is very disappointing in my opinion.

Junior Member nightwlf has a reputation beyond repute nightwlf has a reputation beyond repute nightwlf has a reputation beyond repute nightwlf has a reputation beyond repute nightwlf has a reputation beyond repute nightwlf has a reputation beyond repute nightwlf has a reputation beyond repute nightwlf has a reputation beyond repute nightwlf has a reputation beyond repute nightwlf has a reputation beyond repute nightwlf has a reputation beyond repute nightwlf's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Wolf
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 03:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nightwlf PSN ID: nightwlf

Default Re: PS3 is disadvantaged by Xbox

PS3 eh. Welcome to the world of very disappointing.

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So, uncompressed textures = graphics now?
    Both the Xenos and RSX have strengths and weaknesses over the other, meaning games optimised for one console may have effects the other console either can't utilise or would struggle with.

And yeah, blu-ray may allow the capacity for uncompressed graphics but at the cost of slower read times. There's only a handful of games (such as Killzone 2) where the disc is optimised so this problem is minimised, but other games, including some multi-platforms have forced installs.

The only way either console could get ahead is by allowing very large sized downloadable titles which may very well happen with future consoles. No stupid media based disadvantages like we have now. Though that said, properly building the game for multiple consoles would work better then all the lazy ports we're seeing - trouble is it ain't cost effective.
    victoria aut mors

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I just came from home and turn on the lappy to check some stuff, didn't plan to log in but after what I read, I had to....lots of stupidity in here.

First of all, Killzone 3 if ever ported on the Xbox, it won't need seven freaking discs. Like I said in the NGP thread, no PS3 game....EVER reached the 56GB max that the Bluray are capable of. Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 1-2, LittleBigPlanet 1-2 and all the first-party titles and Final Fantasy XIII are 26GB, and FFXIII is only 3 discs on the Xbox.

Second of all, they don't compress the freaking game, geez where the freak did you get that from? Multiplat games like Blackops are first made on the Xbox 360 then they port it on the PS3. Because that way it's easy to port it....A lot PS3 games look inferior to the Xbox because of processor that creates the image x4 faster than the PS3's and yeah, somewhat what Furore said as well.

With that, I'm going to bed...geez. v_v
    ___-
    EDIT: My apologies for coming up as a douche, I had a headache when I posted this and well, I rested and feel better now.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 02-13-2011 at 06:51 AM.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2024 10:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm just trying to make my point... That multi platform games disadvantage the PS3. >_>
    I don't know the excact numbers, but it annoys me liek crap. D:

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amblifier View Post
    I'm just trying to make my point... That multi platform games disadvantage the PS3. >_>
    I don't know the excact numbers, but it annoys me liek crap. D:
    While it's the Xbox's fault...somewhat, what you really have to blame is the developers. Back in the days where Valve hated the PS3's guts because it was too hard to "code", they relied on EA Games to port "The Orange Box" for the PS3..which failed miserably, the game was honestly crap. Remember their is due dates, they don't have the time to be making both game for scratch, and since the Xbox 360 is "easier" to code, they always start with that one and port it meh-ish to the PS3, it doesn't have to do anything with compression.

While PS3 games do well exclusively, if the multiplat version fails...blame the developers for not knowing the PS3's code too well. Portal 2's PS3 version will be superior now(aside from PC v_v) since Valve got help from Sony.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Amber was confusing.. Disregard this post.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 02-13-2011 at 08:38 AM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what you mean by "disadvantage".

Each console has it's strengths and weaknesses; The Ps3 has better processing capabilities, which is why it costs more. (for the most part along with blue-ray)
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "disadvantage".

Each console has it's strengths and weaknesses; The Ps3 has better processing capabilities, which is why it costs more. (for the most part along with blue-ray)
    You also didn't get what Ambu was aiming for.

What she means is that because of the Xbox's *cough*weakness(lolcake?)*cough*, the PS3 is being held back from it's true potential.

Which my argument stands, the Xbox is not the problem, the developers are..they don't know how to work with the PS3 too well and try to achieve such potential is capable of. Valve has prove that the PS3 version can be superior but not exactly graphics/visual-wise as their are still the specs, but since Sony worked with them...it shouldn't be a problem, and of course..we still need the game to see...two more months.

PS3 has been hard to code when it comes to multiplat games for some devs.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 02-13-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Fixed

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

It's not the Xbox's fault. Blame Sony. Using Blu-Ray was a WONDERFUL idea in many ways, though it would have been cool if the ps3's read speed were better.
    The reason for all this multiplatform imbalance comes down to the ps3's strange hardware architecture, which was abandoned by IBM and deemed a failure. Now the only device in production using the cell architecture is the ps3. If you compare the console exclusives between the two powerhouse systems what you will find is that each has its strengths and weaknesses but ultimately they are in the exact same league.

My PC is better than both combined though so its all good
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

For those who dont get Ambu's point, try playing Bayonetta on both the PS3 and Xbox and you'll see what's happening. Pretty bad. >___>

And I'm not that good when it comes to high tech devices, but is that why it takes longer for games to load on the ps3? I mean multi-platform games.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaShayRitto View Post
    It's not the Xbox's fault. Blame Sony. Using Blu-Ray was a WONDERFUL idea in many ways, though it would have been cool if the ps3's read speed were better.
    The reason for all this multiplatform imbalance comes down to the ps3's strange hardware architecture, which was abandoned by IBM and deemed a failure. Now the only device in production using the cell architecture is the ps3. If you compare the console exclusives between the two powerhouse systems what you will find is that each has its strengths and weaknesses but ultimately they are in the exact same league.

My PC is better than both combined though so its all good
    Basically you're right. But the argument is about bad ports more than hardware, because multiplat games do suck on the PS3 due to bad ports.

But hey, anyone remembers the multiplayer in Black-Ops for PC? That was lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    For those who dont get Ambu's point, try playing Bayonetta on both the PS3 and Xbox and you'll see what's happening. Pretty bad. >___>

And I'm not that good when it comes to high tech devices, but is that why it takes longer for games to load on the ps3? I mean multi-platform games.
    Again, that's not the Xbox's fault, that's the developers fault, lol.

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, check out the Bulletstorm demos if you want to see an example of a developer doing a multiplatform game right.
    I flipped between my systems and it played pretty much the same on both (on a 1080 native display via HDMI too).
    Most multiplats seem to play noticeably better on one console or the other (often in the 360's favour, only since they're often ported from the 360).

Multiplatform games are often all about sacrifice though. Some of the first party titles on both consoles could not be played the same way on either as they're built to more fully utilise the platform they're on. Sure, they could be ported to another system, but just like with multiplatform games, sacrifices would have to be made.
    victoria aut mors

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Furore View Post
    Yeah, check out the Bulletstorm demos if you want to see an example of a developer doing a multiplatform game right.
    I flipped between my systems and it played pretty much the same on both (on a 1080 native display via HDMI too).
    Most multiplats seem to play noticeably better on one console or the other (often in the 360's favour, only since they're often ported from the 360).

Multiplatform games are often all about sacrifice though. Some of the first party titles on both consoles could not be played the same way on either as they're built to more fully utilise the platform they're on. Sure, they could be ported to another system, but just like with multiplatform games, sacrifices would have to be made.
    Yeah, exactly.

If you look at Final Fantasy Versus XIII, that game looks beautiful, and if ever ported to Xbox...it means they'll have to start from scratch.

Senior Member Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka's Avatar
    Gil
    Festive
    Gifts Mario Boo Bleach Kon Laptop
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2015 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post

I haven't seen what Bayonetta looks like on the Xbox (apart from clips on tv way back when G4 was on Directv and they did the review for that game) but it plays good on the PS3. A lot of them do. Heck, Mass Effect 2 plays good on the PS3 ('cept the load times. Course it's slower since I stuffed all possible content onto it *.*) Granted, I do wish I had an Xbox for some graphical/UI improvements over some of my games, such as Borderlands. I wouldn't mind playing Gears 3 on it also. Course that is besides the point.

The system isn't bad. It's challenging. Maybe.

Edit: I assume that Bayonetta plays bad on the PS3 in your wording. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Chewbaka; 02-21-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Being thourough

Set done by MissBunBun ^_^

Junior Member Exodus__ is on a distinguished road Exodus__'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2011 05:09 AM
    Threads

Graphics vary, and might be better or worst in almost every console.
    It's all about what sort of games get better to a certain console.
    And what types of games are the most optimal.
    So, in the end, this aspect is all about personal preference.

SOS Brigade NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 039 - Jigglypuff 007 - Squirtle Maserati
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2017 10:23 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Broly3k8 Steam ID: NorthOfTime

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    I just came from home and turn on the lappy to check some stuff, didn't plan to log in but after what I read, I had to....lots of stupidity in here.

First of all, Killzone 3 if ever ported on the Xbox, it won't need seven freaking discs. Like I said in the NGP thread, no PS3 game....EVER reached the 56GB max that the Bluray are capable of. Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 1-2, LittleBigPlanet 1-2 and all the first-party titles and Final Fantasy XIII are 26GB, and FFXIII is only 3 discs on the Xbox.

Second of all, they don't compress the freaking game, geez where the freak did you get that from? Multiplat games like Blackops are first made on the Xbox 360 then they port it on the PS3. Because that way it's easy to port it....A lot PS3 games look inferior to the Xbox because of processor that creates the image x4 faster than the PS3's and yeah, somewhat what Furore said as well.

With that, I'm going to bed...geez. v_v
    ___-
    EDIT: My apologies for coming up as a douche, I had a headache when I posted this and well, I rested and feel better now.
    Your kidding right? I really hope your talking about the PS3 slims. If i remember correctly when the PS3 first came out it had the worlds fastest processor. Least that what i read somewhere. Ill do another search for it though. If im wrong im wrong.. no need to start flameing wars just saying.

Honeslty i think if the PS3 needs more love then it gets. Ive owned 1 PS3 for almost.. 3 years now?.. and in that time have sent back Xbox 360's and junked the last one as i was tired of the BS. Ive had to call PS3's technical support 1 time because it wasnt doing its internet crap right. They fixed it there over the phone and on the spot. Took a couple minutes and some language classes but i never got that kinda help from the Xbox people. Dont get me wrong, Xbox 360 has got some rad games, and recently ive been thinking of getting one just so i can play them, but i dont think PS3 will ever be given up.
    Formally Broly3k8.
    New Country, new life. Living it one day at a time. Beer and food are where my heart is.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information