AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Queen of Heart 99 SE

A fan of anime and video games. Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default The Queen of Heart 99 SE

I just discovered this really cool doujin fighting game with lots of different anime characters (I believe they are original mostly, though some have have been taken from the eroge game To Hearts). This fighting game does not contain any hentai at all (unlike most of the Variable Geo fighting games, which are otherwise similar to this fighting game), even though several of its characters came from a hentai game (the previously mentioned To Hearts game). It is one of the cooler anime fighting games I've played.

I know where to get it. A pre-installed copy can be found here. It's in a RAR file so use Winrar, IZarc or 7Zip to extract the game.
    [link removed]
    If they wanted to download the game, they could find it themselves ~Ericgamer1

I didn't have problems running it. It must be a fully patched copy (from my understandingn.
    However (this seems to effect Windows 7 but not XP, so it may be a compatibility thing) the graphics on the title screen look discolored. To fix this run, config.exe, then go down to the check box that says "16??????????????" (those question marks will be filled in with Japanese text if you have the right font installed and are running in Japanese mode on Windows), and check the box. Then press ok. Then run qoh99.exe. If you look at the title screen just to the right of the huge text that says "Queen of Heart 99", you'll see small text that says "SE", so this is the latest version (SE = Second Edition) of the game. There is another Queen of Hearts game called 2001, but it starts a new series with a new cast of characters, and not NEARLY as many characters as in the 99SE version of the game.

Controls for play for player-1:
    LeftArrow=move left
    RightArrow=move right
    UpArrow=jump
    DownArrow=crouch

Z-Key=weak standard (standing/jumping/crouching) attack
    X-Key=medium standard (standing/jumping/crouching) attack
    C-Key=strong standard (standing/jumping/crouching) attack
    V-Key=not used in a fight, but if held down at the character select screen when you press the button to make your character selection, you'll pick the alternate costume of characters that have an alternate costume, sometimes this even gives them a different sent of attacks as well

Special moves are the basic ones.
    QCF+attack
    QCB+attack
    Down,Down+attack
    DragonPunchMotion+attack
    (other Street Fighter motions may also be valid for certain characters, conversely not every character has a QCF+attack move to use, etc)

Weak special attack is done with attack motion + Z
    Strong special attack is done with attack motion + X (or C if super-bar is less than level-1)
    EX special attack is done with attack motion + C when super bar is at least as high as level-1.

Dash attack is done with:
    Forward, Forward+attack (X=weak dash attack, C=strong dash attack)

Super attack is done with HCF+C (with some characters a HCB+C super attack is available)

And of course defense is important too.
    To block, just hold the directional key opposite the direction your character is facing when being attacked. You can block and crouch as well by holding the down key while blocking.
    To dash forward or backward, just double tap the forward or backward key.

Other controls:
    In the menu, use Z to select something, or X to unselect it or back out by one menu level. During any time (in fight or menus) press the escape key "esc" to completely quit the game. To leave a fight, press f12, then go down to the bottom menu entry and press Z, then at this sub menu go up one menu item an press Z again. That will get you back to the game's main menu. To play in training mode, start a VS battle, then press f4. You will have unlimited super bar and be invincible, and so will player-2. Depending on the type of VS battle you picked to start with, You'll either be fighting human player-2 or you'll be fighting the computer.

Player-1 to Player-2 conversion chart:

Player-1 = Player-2
    LeftArrow = J-Key
    RightArrow = L-Key
    UpArrow = I-Key
    DownArrow = K-Key
    Z-Key = A-Key
    X-Key = S-Key
    C-Key = D-Key
    V-Key = F-Key

Disclaimer: While this game may have been for sale at one point (the Japanese help file has few English words, but words like CD and CDROM are in English, thus the sale of a game disk, and not a free download, probably was the primary distribution method), I don't believe it is for sale any more from the company (and I've heard they are out of business anyway now), nor where to even begin to start looking if I ever had any hope of being able to buy a used copy of the game. Thus under these conditions that I have posted the above Megaupload download link. I believe that this is within the spirit of the AnimeForum rules on no piracy (meant to protect the creators of copyrighted material from loss of money due to illegal downloading, which don't really apply if they are out of business and thus will not be making any money from game sales anyway, as is the case here).

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    [link removed]
    If they wanted to download the game, they could find it themselves ~Ericgamer1
    @Ericgamer
    I don't know if they could find it themselves. I myself needed to get some help from the people over at Doujinstyle.com before I was able to find it. It's absolutely NOT as easy to find as you think it is

I removed the link because it is not allowed. Editing you post with instructions telling people how to access the site is the SAME THING. Don't do it again. ~Ericgamer1
    Last edited by Eric1; 02-12-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Awaken Eric1 has a reputation beyond repute Eric1 has a reputation beyond repute Eric1 has a reputation beyond repute Eric1 has a reputation beyond repute Eric1 has a reputation beyond repute Eric1 has a reputation beyond repute Eric1 has a reputation beyond repute Eric1 has a reputation beyond repute Eric1 has a reputation beyond repute Eric1 has a reputation beyond repute Eric1 has a reputation beyond repute Eric1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2016 10:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Queen of Heart 99 SE

The reasons being is that, 1. megaupload is not acceptable; should the game really be freeware, you'd need to have the download page from the actual legit company's website.

2. even with that, I've made the decision not to allow most download links just to be on the safer side of things.

EDIT:

kk, this is not up for debate. I stated my reasons. end of story.
    Last edited by Eric1; 02-12-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information