AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strongest/Weakest Console?

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Default Strongest/Weakest Console?

Inspired my my old Strongest Console thread, here's another.

You lock every console and handheld in a room together and they fight it out....somehow. Which do you think would lose first, based on their specs, weight, and anything else of that nature? And which would you expect to be standing in the end? Just a note, this isn't made to start a console war or anyting like that, nor are we voting for our favorite system....just the strongest.

I think the first would be a Gameboy Color and the last one standing would be a 360...because the 360 weighs a ton and it can flare up in seconds. The old GBcolor I had broke like ridiculously easy, so it couldn't possibly stand up.

It's super effective! .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Ice Cream Laptop 255 - Torchic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2017 12:25 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Strongest/Weakest Console?

Without a doubt, I think the Gamecube would be the last one standing. Well... my PSX got knocked out (so to speak) due to mechanical-related, disk-reading issues (It was an early model mind...); my Dreamcast to audio loading issues and certain games failing to boot, and then there was my SNES... although to be honest, the problem was more to do with its age than its design, so I'd rate that console much stronger than the other 2. But anywhoo, after several years the SNES's connector in the cartridge slot got looser and looser... and eventually to the point where certain games (particularly games stored on carts with extended connectors) just wouldn't start up properly (if not at all). Believe me, trying to get a game like Starfox to start up was almost like doing a ritual... the game just wouldn't run unless the cartridge was inserted absolutely perpendicular to the cartridge slot. I had to resort to blue tack in most cases just to keep the cartrigde from disconnecting (i.e. the game crashing), which was an easy thing thing to do if you accidently pulled the console with the joypad. Those were the days...

Uhm... but yeah... back to the Gamecube... It's now my oldest console and it hasn't shown any signs of ageing at all! The games still run as if they were just brought yesterday! And very rarely (and when I say rarely, I mean like once year or less) do I witness game crashes on the 'Cube. The current generation consoles might have it over the Gamecube when it comes to outright power, but they can't truly go the distance in my opinion... what with their red rings of death and yellow lights of doom (or whatever you call it for PS3)! Hahaha!

Junior Member SirDan is on a distinguished road SirDan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2011 08:55 PM
    Threads

Hmm, well I just threw my Xbox360 at my PS3 really hard and the Xbox won.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2017 11:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Throughout human history, we have come to understand that there are 2 things that will survive a nuclear doomsday:

Those things being roaches and gamecubes.

Time and time again, the gamecube has proven to me that it really is the little purple (silver, or black) console that could. And as we all know, the best offense is a good defense, and since the gamecube appears to be completely indestructible (lolwut? physicsfail.jpg) it remains the supreme ruler of the most resilient console; (and possibly atomic mater it's self.)
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Console is an incorrect term.

Anyways, my Mr. Game and Watch would win. =3

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My 'Next-gen' launch consoles would be first to die (based on how they're the ONLY consoles I've had die that quickly) and after a long and bloody battle, my GameCube would be victorious (after they went cheap here, we picked a few up second hand for experiments, they can handle being drop kicked and thrown off a large bridge with only cosmetic damage). Of course, then we'd hear a sinister MIDI cry as the SNES ups itself from it's faked death and launches several game carts at the GameCube, sending it sprawling into the volcano conveniently located directly in front of it.
    victoria aut mors

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Weakest=Gameboy Micro

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Junior Member NevarRyoko has a reputation beyond repute NevarRyoko has a reputation beyond repute NevarRyoko has a reputation beyond repute NevarRyoko has a reputation beyond repute NevarRyoko has a reputation beyond repute NevarRyoko has a reputation beyond repute NevarRyoko has a reputation beyond repute NevarRyoko has a reputation beyond repute NevarRyoko has a reputation beyond repute NevarRyoko has a reputation beyond repute NevarRyoko has a reputation beyond repute NevarRyoko's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2011 02:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nevar Ryoko Steam ID: sleepyneko

I'm sorry to say but the nintendo gameqube is close to indestructible. As a test, I **** you not, my friend dumped a can of Dr. Pepper into the exaust fan, proceded to throw, yes throw, it into the middle of the yard then agenst a tree. He shook it out, dirt had gotten on it and to shake free the rest of the soda. we waited about half a hour then went back to playing FFCC. We had to brush the controller ports out though since dirt was blocking the connection and the button to open the lid got jamed(dirt and soda) but that was about it. Although it did die about 6 months later.

Senior Member Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts M1911 Battleship Favorite
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2013 07:31 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by NevarRyoko View Post
    I'm sorry to say but the nintendo gameqube is close to indestructible. As a test, I **** you not, my friend dumped a can of Dr. Pepper into the exaust fan, proceded to throw, yes throw, it into the middle of the yard then agenst a tree. He shook it out, dirt had gotten on it and to shake free the rest of the soda. we waited about half a hour then went back to playing FFCC. We had to brush the controller ports out though since dirt was blocking the connection and the button to open the lid got jamed(dirt and soda) but that was about it. Although it did die about 6 months later.
    I guess the Console...
    *puts on sunglasses*
    Didn't terminate.
    Heeey!

Senior Member truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2017 05:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bobbly Wobbly

In my opinion the Gamecube is nearly indestructible. How ever if you play the same game in it multiple times, it will eventually stop reading other video games which is a little strange in my opinion. The Virtual Boy on the hand has been hit with a sledge hammer....and the thing still works fine...O_O

Other than that, the Xbox can almost last as long as the Gamecube in an endurance battle and as long as you have a pencil to turn it on with, it should last every bit as long. (Of course I'm talking about the original Xbox)

As for the weakest, I would actually have to say that Neo Geo CD was actually the weakest. This console was being recalled constantly due to the machine locking up and to my own experience crashed after I played it for about two hours. I don't think you can get much weaker than that.

Junior Member Exodus__ is on a distinguished road Exodus__'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2011 05:09 AM
    Threads

It's all about the potential of the game being used/created/published.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information