AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Married... with children

Aleyna's Wifey *with a heart sign* Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Tengu Mask Green Tea Pocky
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2012 08:31 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Married... with children

If you were Chinese and lives in the mainland, then yes neither are avoidable. Eventually your parents would look for someone to have you arranged and have you doing the whole marriage business faster than you can spell the word divorce. But seeing as most of you don't then you pretty much have a say about it, you can choose. Just like the American way I was told by many foreign friends, "There's always a choice."

In my opinion, yes you can avoid marriage and probably even children but it has always bothered me that this way of thinking of avoidance only means that you haven't found the right person. Judge me for saying that but that's what I really think of when I meet someone in their 30s and still has no plan about marriage and/or children. Maybe it's just because of the way I was raised - the all-so-conservative - idea of family, but that's just how I see it.

Wouldn't you get lonely when you're old and there's no one their to keep you warm or even be their just for the sake of companionship?
    Last edited by Anuket; 02-09-2011 at 07:08 AM.
    Proud Wife of Aleyna ♥
    Proud Mother of Uta ♪

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    I will not get married, and I most certainly will not have kids. I actually get really annoyed when people say otherwise because it implies that I'm some sort of idiot that doesn't know what they want.
    It's not so much that people think you're an idiot but rather that you're only 19. People change all the time, we grow and our opinions don't stay the same. I'm 20, I don't want to get married but who knows what can happen in ten or twenty years.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKuwabara View Post
    Is marriage unavoidable? Is having children unavoidable? Personally, I don't plan on getting married or having children, but my dad thinks no matter what I do I will meet a girl who will get me to get married and have children.

What do you guys think? Are these things inevitable or can you make the decision to not get married or have children and stick with it?

Technically of course you can go through life without getting married or having children, so I suppose the real underlying question here would be "Does society substantially stress marriage and children on individuals?"
    Oh, don't you worry your little head; you don't risk finding a significant other, spreading your genes and raising a house and responsible lifestyle to shelter them much. Some people actually strive hard to acquire that. Chances, in fact, are you'll be dead from heart failure in your sleep with your head on a nyo-neko-futanari-something pillow at age 40 and no one will find out till they break in because your rent will be due.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Kunai Katana
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2012 02:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i don't really want to die with only having my friends or relatives by my side.
    honestly, i'm fond with kids. i do want to get married to the right person and have a happy family.
    it's just somehow, i want to spend my old and mature years living for someone's benefit, that would be for my children.

Illusionists

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

With regards to the OP, neither having children nor getting married are inevitabilities. However, we live in a society* where many people believe otherwise and force their expectations on others.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKuwabara
    Personally, I don’t plan on getting married or having children, but my dad thinks no matter what I do I will meet a girl who will get me to get married and have children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1
    I will not get married, and I most certainly will not have kids. I actually get really annoyed when people say otherwise because it implies that I’m some sort of idiot that doesn’t know what they want.
    It’s not that their intentions are necessarily bad; it’s just that they, for the most part, never stop to seriously consider that what worked for them won’t work for someone else. IMO, some people are much better off not being married or having children. It doesn’t say anything, for good or bad, about them. It’s just who they are.

When all is said and done, we’re all still people who are capable of making our own choices. If you aren’t comfortable with the idea of marriage of having children, then don’t. Or, as I prefer to say it: “It’s your life, so live it up however the hell you want!”

* Refers to US society
    Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 02-11-2011 at 09:41 AM.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

I only speak americanese manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Doh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2011 01:37 PM
    Threads

Actually, I think it has less to do with other people (unless your are easily influenced) and more with the individual and their experiences. If you would've asked me this question a couple of years back or so, I would've told you "I don't wanna have kids". I already wanted marriage, but I didn't really care for kids, but things changed. Now I'm desiring to have children, it's actually part of what I want to accomplish.

The marriage thing, well I feel it's important to get married rather than being with multiple partners. Yes that means commitment, but it's better than being attached to multiple people. I think that stuff can screw you up after a while, having multiple partners I mean, and then it just becomes like something to do on a friday evening.

Anyway, to sum up, I think it's up to the individual.

I think Marriage should be done if you plan on "bow chicka wow wow". (hmmm....bow chicka...)
    I think children really depend on you and how much you can deal with them. They can be hectic, but in my opinion the good stuff outweighs the bad stuff.
    "...and now abides faith, hope, and love, but the greatest of these is love..."

But this would've been my Avatar:

MangaPage

Join up for a chance to win Azumanga Daioh or Moribito full anime box sets if you sign up before July 1st
    No that's not a joke...

Senior Member Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2019 09:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If you feel that you don't want to have a commitment like marriage or whatever your reason is then chances are that that person won't get married. Some women don't want to get married but they want children.
    Whether or not marriage is stressed or not depends on where a person is living and their culture.
    For me I do not plan to get married even though people I meet say that all young woman get married.

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is marriage unavoidable? Well, see, some people stay engaged for a very long time and never get married. Marriages are very expensive in this day and age and some people don't want to spend a massive amount of money on something like that. Personally, I would rather be engaged for a long time before even thinking of getting married. It's a good way to know that the person you have with is faithful to you and what not.

Is haveing children unavoidable? Having children can be avoidable if you are smart about it. I understand the fact that accidents can happen and not every contraception is 100% for sure. I personally believe this is a personal choice. If you want children or not or have them when you're young or when you're ready.

All in all, you don't have to get married. You can get engaged and remain that way. As for children, that's really a personal choice if you want to or not. When it comes down to it all, it's more of a personal choice than being pressured. I do see that society does stress that marriage is important and that having kids is important but it should be the individual's personal choice to want those things.

I know for a fact I don't want children till I am ready and who knows when that would be and as for being engaged...that will come with time. :3

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Senior Member Nene-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Nene-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Nene-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Nene-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Nene-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Nene-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Nene-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Nene-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Nene-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Nene-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Nene-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Nene-Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Sushi Orange Dango Flowers Fan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2011 02:58 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No matter what anyone else does or want's you do to later in life. Marriage and having children is of course optional. It's your life, and you should be the invetable one to shape your future the way you want right? Why else are we provided with a mind of our own? To decide on the action's we take in life of course.
    GODDESS OF LOVELESSNESS
    Goddess Ailee: As long as there is love, there will be hatred.
    Understand it. Expect it. Fear it. Can you overcome it?

Senior Member Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts EVE Heart Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2012 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

both is a person's choice...
    if either will make you happy and lets you escape from such an unhappy existence...
    then go ahead.. go for it...

~Howl's Mistress Evil Twin from the Other Side here to save her from further humiliation...

avenge me!..
    kill kill kill

sig by .Elmer

Closed Thread

Thread Information