AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make them perfect.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Make them perfect.

Out of all the consoles today, not a single one is perfect. Each is a flawed piece of hardware, but that doesn't mean they can't be fixed. The question is why the hell hasn't any of the companies behind the big three done anything to fix them? Sony releases firmware constantly, the X-Box just had an update, and so did the Wii. So where's the update that'll give everyone what they want?
    Read More:
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=148879

PS3:
    Some people may find cross-chat stupid but there's points where you want to game but still be on stay on the chat to talk with your friends. Cross-chat is really needed, and it's funny how many firmwares are released yet it's never done.

Xbox 360:

My only complain is paying $60 bucks for something you shouldn't. While it's service is a lot better than PSN..still not worth the price. It's also not worth it as people don't use Facebook or Twitter on the Xbox and not many have Netflix account or cares about ESPN or Last.fm.

Wii:

It lacks DVD compatibility. A lot of things have it now, while the Wii sort it doesn't need it..it's stupid not to add it. Hackers only released some patches the alters with some IOS of the firmware and loads with an app, Nintendo could easily do the same legit. Friend Codes is another issue here as well, I don't wanna be called or people wouldn't want to call me 2034-0090-1212 I would like they to call me Kaitou/DBB/Chris or whatever I refer myself to. Security is not a good excuse or "kids don't know how to set up accounts" because there's Xbox LIVE and PSN. 3DS fixed this but we're still labeled as we are some manufactured robot.

What are your thoughts about this?
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 01-31-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Default Re: Make them perfect.

I wish I knew why Microsoft has to make us pay for Xbox Live so I could save my money for more important stuff. Maybe to prevent hackers/mods?
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's a stupid statement. Microsoft obviously are a money hungry company that has to charge you for everything.

But you see, with that money we pay, they use it for the server..you know the add-ons and demos. For PSN, the developers have to pay tor the space, reason why a lot of PSN games don't have demos.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I guess, no wonder the Xbox 360 get the multi-platform DLC first.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No, Microsoft gets them cause they bride the developers into releasing it there first.

But hey, Sony is getting Cross-gaming with PC gamers.

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Bribing? That's the first I heard that.

Anyway, I hope this cross-gaming with PC is successful. I'd wish there was a cross-gaming with everything.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nah, but they always pay a ton of money to get them first. It has nothing to do with the LIVE fee.

Microsoft needs to stop being hard-headed and that will happen, for now it won't.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, imperfect games and systems are made by imperfect people, so obviously nothing is going to be perfect.

And I would never pay $60 yearly to microsoft for their "live" service, because all you're getting as a result is the most repugnant, spoiled children and teens who spout racial slurs and other crap while using it. It ruins the gaming experience, to be honest.

And why the hell do you need a DVD player in the wii? do most people not have DVD players today? why not add a toaster and a GPS while you're at it? it's a gaming system. Adding a DVD player in the Wii would raise the price, no thanks.

This article is ridiculous.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Well, imperfect games and systems are made by imperfect people, so obviously nothing is going to be perfect.

And I would never pay $60 yearly to microsoft for their "live" service, because all you're getting as a result is the most repugnant, spoiled children and teens who spout racial slurs and other crap while using it. It ruins the gaming experience, to be honest.

And why the hell do you need a DVD player in the wii? do most people not have DVD players today? why not add a toaster and a GPS while you're at it? it's a gaming system. Adding a DVD player in the Wii would raise the price, no thanks.

This article is ridiculous.
    Well, the guy was basically saying it's ludicrous to actually make users pay for it, especially with many features you don't need. They seriously need to divide it into tiers. v_v

@Wii: And I agree, but while it doesn't need it, it still doesn't explain why not. Like I said, it only required to alter with the IOS and there, it wouldn't make it more pricey. It would cost more if they added additional hardware into it.

But I don't really care about the latter, I have an actual DVD Player, and the other two consoles for that.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 02-02-2011 at 09:40 PM.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

You know, that's one thing that makes me like the Gamecube and PS2 more than the Wii and 360. I can't say anything about the ps3 because I don't have one. The gaming consoles these days have so many features thats supposed to be more convenient, but all it's really doing is adding more features to make you go "WOWOMGAWESOME". My personal opinion is that a game console should be for gaming, nothing more. Online gaming and dlc included, but that's it. I don't need Netflix on my game console. I don't need to get on Facebook. I don't need to get on twitter. I need to play video games on my video game console(s). Yes I know the Wii has Netflix and an internet browser and I think the same about those. It's nice to be able to browse the internet with a Wiimote, but it's not necessary we have whole computers for that.

When I think back to the N64 era and before, I actually think I liked those systems better. Now it's just a competition to see who can add the most content to their console so everyone can flip out over it. I'd be happy if even one company realized that and went back to the what gaming consoles started off, as a gaming console.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is why I like classic gaming --- the SNES is one of my favorite consoles. I'd rather play a game on the SNES or even the GBA, any day, rather than any game out by newer systems. The N64 was revolutionary for it's time because it focused on gaming ... I feel that today, there is a less of focusing on what makes a game fun to play, and just what makes it look "cool", like Hyphen stated.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Extra features are great and all, but if I want to do muti-media stuff, I do have my computer.

The DS strikes a pretty good balance though.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 04:14 PM
    Threads

I think people are acting like this is a big deal. Updates? Who gives a [removed]? I mean, complaining that the wii isn't DVD compatible? Derh, I aint got no $20 DVD player, but I gots me a Wii!

Let's be smart about this. Consoles aren't perfect and never will be. They will always be hacked as they always have. /Go Hotz/

Complaining about gamer tags is dumb too. Next you'll complain that there's no live video feed of you stuffing your face with cheesy puffs while you're camping in Halo.

What to ask for in a console? Better than the last in almost all categories. This usually happens with the exception of price, be happy!
    Last edited by Skylar1; 02-03-2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: language

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hyphen View Post
    You know, that's one thing that makes me like the Gamecube and PS2 more than the Wii and 360. I can't say anything about the ps3 because I don't have one. The gaming consoles these days have so many features thats supposed to be more convenient, but all it's really doing is adding more features to make you go "WOWOMGAWESOME". My personal opinion is that a game console should be for gaming, nothing more. Online gaming and dlc included, but that's it. I don't need Netflix on my game console. I don't need to get on Facebook. I don't need to get on twitter. I need to play video games on my video game console(s). Yes I know the Wii has Netflix and an internet browser and I think the same about those. It's nice to be able to browse the internet with a Wiimote, but it's not necessary we have whole computers for that.

When I think back to the N64 era and before, I actually think I liked those systems better. Now it's just a competition to see who can add the most content to their console so everyone can flip out over it. I'd be happy if even one company realized that and went back to the what gaming consoles started off, as a gaming console.
    Dreamcast had it right for me. It has some extra features but it kept it's games good. It didn't focus on being "cool".

But Nintendo adds more useless crap than Sony and Microsoft. Like Nintendo added a Food ordering service, lolwut? If you're gonna make stupid things like that..at least make something worth using. But at least you don't have to pay like Xbox Live..I mean who uses Last.fm? I got an iPhone...Twiitter and Facebook? I don't bother with those, and if I did I would have my laptop next to me...ESPN? I got cable....Netflix is actually good though, but you already are paying for you Netflix account and they are making you pay more. Hey, it's Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewunit View Post
    I think people are acting like this is a big deal. Updates? Who gives a [removed]? I mean, complaining that the wii isn't DVD compatible? Derh, I aint got no $20 DVD player, but I gots me a Wii!

Let's be smart about this. Consoles aren't perfect and never will be. They will always be hacked as they always have. /Go Hotz/

Complaining about gamer tags is dumb too.
    Next you'll complain that there's no live video feed of you stuffing your face with cheesy puffs while you're camping in Halo.

What to ask for in a console? Better than the last in almost all categories. This usually happens with the exception of price, be happy!
    I was agreeing with your post until I read that.

What's so wrong about gamertags and how are friend codes better? O_o;; In the Wii, everyone though it was annoying sharing them...heck..I even had to resort to save them on my iPhone and even so it was still a pain sharing them.

As for the PS3, it needs Cross-Chat gaming and it will be good.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 02-03-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Junior Member Kisuke004 is on a distinguished road Kisuke004's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Bleach Urahara Hat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2011 02:43 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: kevin567891

when the ps4 comes out you also have to pay to go online same as xbox D:

Junior Member Exodus__ is on a distinguished road Exodus__'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2011 05:09 AM
    Threads

Xbox's ring of death
    And PS3's overheating/fan problems
    Are very very critical mistakes.
    This never happened to any console before.
    Perhaps oaths of the over rushed development of consoles,
    and the blooming endeavours of the savage capitalist era?!

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

For me the ideal game console would use digital distribution as it's default means of games distribution with the added ability to download games onto some sort of rewritable media at stores for those people lacking a fast Internet connection with a generous download limit. This would allow for games to be cheaper, the console smaller and no limitations imposed by disc based formats. It would use a PC hard drive easily upgradable by the user (as the PS3 does), an online service similar to Xbox Live even if that means users have to pay for it, the ability to run homebrew (with user purchasable developer kits), a generous serving of RAM coupled with a high end GPU and multithreaded processor with a slot for adding additional RAM for the inevitable point where some future games could benefit from more and would be packed into a sturdy outer shell with a handle like the GameCube was.
    victoria aut mors

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information