AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best game that never was

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Best game that never was

Zelda64

They ended up making Ocarina of Time which is a WAY downgraded version of Zelda64. Yes OoT has better than Zelda64 (going by gamepro screenshots of Zelda64 in develepment), but several levels, enemies, and items in Zelda64 were removed in OoT. Triforce is gone, swords in C-button items (to allow for an alternate sword to be equiped a the same time as your main sword), and C-button equipped Medallions (yes forrest, fire, etc medalions were ORIGINALLY meant to actually DO something) for example were removed from OoT.

I wish someone working at Nintendo who had access to the archived prototype games would leak a ROM of Zelda64 onto the internet.

Senior Member TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts K-on Pick Bleach Zangetsu Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2014 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ProdigySniperXx Steam ID: TadashiED

Default Re: Best game that never was

I would really want to get a copy if it was leaked. This sounds like it could of been epic! Why downgrade though?
    I'm not saying OoT sucked, because it's probably my favourite game of all time, but if they released this....

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    Yes OoT has better than Zelda64
    Meant to say "better quality graphics than Zelda64". But can't fix the typo in my post now that my post is too old.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

And it would also be nice to see the releasing in the US of the official mod of A Link to the Past, called Ancient Stone Tablets, for the SNES would be nice too. TLoZ:AST was released for the Satellaview accessory for the Super Famicom (Japanese name for the Super Nintendo). It was only playable for a few hours EVER (except for rom dumps that can be found online). The prerequisites to play it were pretty steep. You had to have been living in Japan at the time. You had to have a Super Famicom, the Satellaview accessory for the Super Famicom, a St.GIGA satellite radio receiver and dish, and a payed subscription to St.GIGA satellite radio service (and I believe also a payed subscription to Nintendo's Satellaview service). On top of that, in the one year that it was broadcast, it was broadcast for 1 hour a day (after which the game would just cut out), 1 day a week (you'd have to wait for next week to play again), for 4 weeks (and after that, tough luck, byebye, game's gone for good now). Each week a different episode was broadcast. Each episode contained only 2 dungeons. You needed to get the item from each dungeon to procede to the next dungeon (as with most Zelda games). But since you couldn't go back to last week's dungeons, if you didn't get the items before an hour was over (beat TWO LEVELS in only one hour!) you couldn't proceed and it was pretty much GAME OVER FOREVER. So you had to be a VERY good gamer to win (at least that's my understanding of how it worked). I called it a "mod" because the levels are all differently layed out and such, and "official" because it actually was made by Nintendo.

Another Zelda game called BS Zelda (BS = Broadcast Satellite) is an SNES port of the original Zelda from the NES. It also was broadcast to the Satellaview and also was 1hour per day, 1 day per week, 4 weeks for the whole duration. Though in this game I believe you could go back and revisit unbeat levels.

These tight timing requirements meant you had to be at your console when it started or else you'd miss the beginning (and maybe the ability to download the game) and the live voice acting that was done over the audio part of the satellite radio (receiver has data-out to go to Satellaview and audio-out to go to speakers). So since the plot was done in live audio over the same satellite radio system, you could miss out on important things (like the plot of the game) if you weren't tuned in at the time. The game was programed not to run normally (meaning to run it now you need to hack the rom to play on an emulator even) and thus could not be played, even if stored on one of the Satellaview's external game cartridges (some games COULD be downloaded this way and played later, but ones requiring live naration of important plot points over satellite radio could not be played back after download except during the time of broadcast).

I REALLY wish Nintendo would release these on the Wii's Virtual console (complete with new audio recordings, in English this time though for those with Wiis in the US, for the narration).
    Last edited by Videogamer555; 01-27-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The best video game there ever was in my opinion has to be Gex 3 on any console, it just rocks so much.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Junior Member Exodus__ is on a distinguished road Exodus__'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2011 05:09 AM
    Threads

Aggressive Inline
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 and 2005 (The rest of the following series were messed)
    FUEL (should have had independent buttons for the stunts)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information