AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How did Mu La Flaga survive? *SPOILERS*

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Decepticons Eva NERV Aquarius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2012 10:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Pinole, California, United States, 107905739230377, Pinole, California
    Threads

Default How did Mu La Flaga survive? *SPOILERS*

Effect on human bodies

See also: Space exposure
    Contrary to popular belief,[22] a person suddenly exposed to the vacuum would not explode, freeze to death or die from boiling blood. Air would immediately leave the lungs due to the enormous pressure gradient. Any oxygen dissolved in the blood would empty into the lungs to try to equalize the partial pressure gradient. Once the deoxygenated blood arrived at the brain, death would quickly follow.
    Humans and animals exposed to vacuum will lose consciousness after a few seconds and die of hypoxia within minutes. Blood and other body fluids do boil when their pressure drops below 6.3 kPa, the vapor pressure of water at body temperature.[23] This condition is called ebullism. The steam may bloat the body to twice its normal size and slow circulation, but tissues are elastic and porous enough to prevent rupture. Ebullism is slowed by the pressure containment of blood vessels, so some blood remains liquid.[24][25] Swelling and ebullism can be reduced by containment in a flight suit. Shuttle astronauts wear a fitted elastic garment called the Crew Altitude Protection Suit (CAPS) which prevents ebullism at pressures as low as 2 kPa.[26] Water vapor would also rapidly evaporate off from exposed areas such as the lungs, cornea of the eye and mouth, cooling the body. Rapid evaporative cooling of the skin will create frost, particularly in the mouth, but this is not a significant hazard. Space may be cold, but it is mostly vacuum and transfers heat ineffectively; as a result the main temperature regulation concern for space suits is how to get rid of naturally generated body heat.
    Cold or oxygen-rich atmospheres can sustain life at pressures much lower than atmospheric, as long as the density of oxygen is similar to that of standard sea-level atmosphere. The colder air temperatures found at altitudes of up to 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) generally compensate for the lower pressures there.[23] Above this altitude, oxygen enrichment is necessary to prevent altitude sickness, and spacesuits are necessary to prevent ebullism above 19 kilometres (12 mi).[23] Most spacesuits use only 20 kPa of pure oxygen, just enough to sustain full consciousness. This pressure is high enough to prevent ebullism, but simple evaporation of blood can still cause decompression sickness and gas embolisms if not managed.
    Sudden exposure to very low pressure, such as during a rapid decompression, could cause one's lung to rupture, due to the large pressure differential between inside and outside of the chest. Even if the victim's airway is fully open, the flow of air through the windpipe may be too slow to prevent the rupture.[23] Eardrums and sinuses may be ruptured by rapid decompression, soft tissues may bruise and seep blood, and the stress of shock will accelerate oxygen consumption leading to hypoxia.[27] Injuries caused by rapid decompression are called barotrauma. A pressure drop as small as 13 kPa, which produces no symptoms if it is gradual, may be fatal if it occurs suddenly.

Something I found on wikipedia. Now then, we all know how the Strike blew up when protecting the Archangel from a Lohengrin from the Dominion. We all saw how Mu's helmet along with pieces of Strike decimated in space. Now, question is, how did Mu survive to become Neo Roanoke?
    "I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of saying thanks." -Heero Yuy

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How did Mu La Flaga survive? *SPOILERS*

...So basically what that whole wall of text is trying to say is that a human wouldn't immediately die from being thrown out into space, isn't that right?

How did he survive? I dunno. I think the whole concept is a hax. He took a direct hit from the Lohengrin, had the Strike pretty much blow up around him and, as you said, we saw his helmet floating around in space. Taking into account the substantial damage to his body as well as his being thrown out into space; I think it safe to say he would've only had a minute or two before he was dead. And you would think that if anyone were in a position to save him, it would've been the Archangel that was right behind him.

As if all this isn't enough, remember that this was all in the middle of the final moments of the battle of Jachin Due. Amidst the many likely bodies and debris from mobile suits and ships, who would be stupid enough to stop fighting to check on a probable corpse?

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    Threads

In the SEED special edition movies, they removed the floating helmet. But still, how the fork did he survived?

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's really sugarcoated. SEED/Destiny I mean. I mean, look at Stargazer. Sven/Selene mummified in 27 days because help arrived a little too late. But to a lesser extent, think his role was to die. It was either his seiyu who wanted him back or the many fan demands(if he was really that popular). He was originally supposed to die with Kira and the Archangel crew. Kira dies with Rau. The escape pod that Flay was in was supposed to reach the Archangel. Then, as it does, Flay is actually a living bomb and blows up inside the ship killing everyone. Yeah. SEED was supposed to be emo. I know I've read this somewhere but I forgot where.

Senior Member Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi's Avatar
    Gil
    Crappy
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2011 02:16 PM
    Threads

Well what you must understand is that it's an anime series! I mean the very concept of real working Gundams in real life is still science fiction, and so are Coordinators. So even though I understand what you're saying, animated characters can pretty much survive anything especially in an anime series.

Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well we're pretty much aware that there's going to be suspension of disbelief. With all the giant robots and pew pew lasers. But Mu's death and resurrection is kinda pushing it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Muffin View Post
    Well we're pretty much aware that there's going to be suspension of disbelief. With all the giant robots and pew pew lasers. But Mu's death and resurrection is kinda pushing it.
    My point exactly. Jeez. I can believe something silly like Gurren Lagann like how the Gurren can manipulate odds. But I thought the Death and Rebirth stuff was Evangelion's forte. I even think this is way sillier than G Gundam's concepts and kamehamehas(tenkyokens).

Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well Gurren Lagann and G Gundam are part of the super robot genre so it's kinda forgivable since they're supposed to be over-the-top and exaggerated. SEED and the rest of Gundam franchise are real robot. Sure it's fiction but still grounded and tries to be realistic as possible.

Junior Member Talley Ho! is on a distinguished road Talley Ho!'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2011 10:22 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Soh Ignited

Its called lazy writing...

Senior Member ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Bookworm
    Gifts Neko Tv Wolf Red Ribbon
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2014 12:44 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

That is probably lazy writing at its pinnacle with Mu and his miraculous survival.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information