AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite battles/duels

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Favorite battles/duels

Simply describe your favorite battles/duels from any Gundam series. Videos and images are welcome too.

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Decepticons Eva NERV Aquarius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2012 10:45 AM
    Pinole, California, United States, 107905739230377, Pinole, California
    Threads

Default Re: Favorite battles/duels

Lol. Like all of it? XP. But to a certain point, when Duel Gundam armor purged the Hravesglr fired by Forbidden Gundam, deflecting it, taking out both Beam Sabers, cutting both of Forbidden's arms with the left and stabbing both pilot and suit in the gut(at the same time around 0:50).

"I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of saying thanks." -Heero Yuy

Senior Member ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Neko Tv Wolf Red Ribbon
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2014 03:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by Heer0Yuy View Post
    Lol. Like all of it? XP. But to a certain point, when Duel Gundam armor purged the Hravesglr fired by Forbidden Gundam, deflecting it, taking out both Beam Sabers, cutting both of Forbidden's arms with the left and stabbing both pilot and suit in the gut(at the same time around 0:50).

I totally agree with you on that duel. When I saw it, I was like "Whoa, Yzak's a total badass now!"
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Junior Member anitachise is on a distinguished road anitachise's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2010 09:39 PM
    Threads

My fave would have to be the battle in Alaska when Kira gets the FREEDOM & stops the fighting...
    And also the last battles in Jachin Due at the end of Gundam SEED.

Senior Member Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2010 07:09 PM
    Threads

Favorite duel.... Many of them

1. Heero Vs. Zechs, Wing Zero Vs. Epyon
    2. Exia Vs. O Gundam (I know it was short but I liked the way the battle came to be.)
    3. Norris Packard Vs 08th MS team
    4. As mentioned above, The dual gundam and the forbidden gundam
    5. The battle inside the Colony during Gundam Unicorn. The animation was freakin sweet.
    6. Heavyarms Gundam Vs. Talgeese in the Antartic
    7. The battle in season 2 of Gundam 00 where they're all fighting in the desert around the buried Uranium.

Many more that are my favorites too.

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    Threads

Let's see... My fave Gundam battles/duel are:

1. Norris Packard taking on the 08th MS Team. No Newtypes or Coordinators or Innovators or whatever. Just pure skill and experience.

2. Double X's debut. The whole story arc was pretty sweet.

3. Red Frame and Blue Frame fighting the Gold Frame in Gundam SEED Astray. Astray is the only thing I cared about the SEED universe.

4. The final battle in Gundam 00 season two. Hallelujah frigging rocks.

5. Graham vs Setsuna's short yet intense battle in the first season of Gundam 00. It was pretty sweet except for the weird line about love.

6. Nu Gundam vs Sazabi. A classic battle. Amuro and Char's rivalry reaching it's conclusion.

7. Char getting his *** handed to him by Haman Karn and Paptimus in the last Zeta compilation movie. Not really fond of the movies but the new animation is pretty much eye candy.

Still have plenty more but this is what I got so far.
    Last edited by Admiral Muffin; 10-13-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Junior Member Talley Ho! is on a distinguished road Talley Ho!'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2011 10:22 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Soh Ignited

Definitely the Stark Jegan vs the Kshatriya. Short lived, but amazing.

Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Talley Ho! View Post
    Definitely the Stark Jegan vs the Kshatriya. Short lived, but amazing.

Hell yeah! Stark Jegan and Kshatriya FTW!!! That's why I love the UC universe. Even faceless grunts put up a fight. The battles in Unicorn are really well-choreographed, it's not just a bunch of robots beam spamming each other. There's a lot of details and stuff. And Banagher first launching in the Unicorn? That scene was really powerful IMO. The animation and the music was just epic. Especially the music.
    Last edited by Admiral Muffin; 01-18-2011 at 05:54 AM.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Muffin View Post
    Hell yeah! Stark Jegan and Kshatriya FTW!!! That's why I love the UC universe. Even faceless grunts put up a fight. The battles in Unicorn are really well-choreographed, it's not just a bunch of robots beam spamming each other. There's a lot of details and stuff. And Banagher first launching in the Unicorn? That scene was really powerful IMO. The animation and the music was just epic. Especially the music.
    But let's be fair. Faceless grunts rarely put up such a spectacular fight in previous Gundam series. The Stark Jegan pilot taking on Marida was sweet and I loved the scene but it's not that common in UC.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by J Gundam View Post
    But let's be fair. Faceless grunts rarely put up such a spectacular fight in previous Gundam series. The Stark Jegan pilot taking on Marida was sweet and I loved the scene but it's not that common in UC.
    But that's what makes it so great though! I feel like Gundam needs more of that. Plus alot of the MS combat in some of the shows seem a bit scripted. It was fresh to watch a mass produced mobile suit take on a newtype machine.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2014 10:12 PM
    Threads

I'm actually flabbergasted that nobody has mentioned this one earlier..

Bernard Wiseman in the MS-06FZ vs. Christina McKenzie in the RX-78-NT1

Not only does it show a Gundam finally taking a nice big juicy bite of humble pie against something other than a super prototype. I find it one of the most emotionally charged mecha duels in the entire Gundam universe. The compilation, the fact that despite the inevitable conclusion, you still cling to the hope that Bernie will pull it off. Even though it's utterly pointless.

Furthermore, it does provide in it's own way, the series does give one of those 'faceless grunts' a true moment to shine.
    Last edited by SGI; 01-22-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SGI View Post
    Furthermore, it does provide in it's own way, the series does give one of those 'faceless grunts' a true moment to shine.
    We actually get that moment early in the mini-series with the Gelgoog Jager pilot.

But that's what makes it so great though! I feel like Gundam needs more of that. Plus alot of the MS combat in some of the shows seem a bit scripted. It was fresh to watch a mass produced mobile suit take on a newtype machine.
    Similar battles would be nice but viewers still want to see the combatant's faces so they can identify with or reject them.

Isn't all MS combat scripted?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by J Gundam View Post
    We actually get that moment early in the mini-series with the Gelgoog Jager pilot.

Similar battles would be nice but viewers still want to see the combatant's faces so they can identify with or reject them.

Isn't all MS combat scripted?
    Yes, technically they are scripted. Though, there seems to be many predictable battles in the gundam series. It is really nice to see a random grunt put up a fight as opposed to being wiped out. It even stood up to a Newtype MS!

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes, technically they are scripted. Though, there seems to be many predictable battles in the gundam series. It is really nice to see a random grunt put up a fight as opposed to being wiped out. It even stood up to a Newtype MS!
    Agreed. I felt it was more of an "excuse" to show off Marida and the Kshatryia's capabilities but regardless, it was refreshing and a very well-done battle.

Junior Member Paladinoras is a glorious beacon of light Paladinoras is a glorious beacon of light Paladinoras is a glorious beacon of light Paladinoras is a glorious beacon of light Paladinoras is a glorious beacon of light Paladinoras's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2011 12:06 AM
    Threads

Honestly I enjoyed the battle between Freedom and Impulse a lot, mainly because for once in the CE series, someone isn't taking on Kira without tactics, or hell, someone is actually battling with a tactic!

I think that Shinn used the advantages of his suit over Freedom to a great extent and he was able to come away with a (disputed) victory because of it. Although, yes, as many people would argue, Kira was in a very bad situation at the time.

~ Pally in the building ~

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A "decent" short battle should also go to Graham Aker when he confronts Trinity. That sword-stealing thing was pwn.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Heer0Yuy View Post
    A "decent" short battle should also go to Graham Aker when he confronts Trinity. That sword-stealing thing was pwn.
    Probably my favorite Graham moment, even though I'm not a big fan of the guy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Kinda sad wht happened to him in Awakening. I swear. That movie lacked the ending that S2 did. I mean, what the **** happened to everyone?

Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gundam UC ep 2 didn't have much action but the Sinanju and Unicorn Gundam fight really stood out for me. The Sinanju was such a beast and the music during the fight was just epic.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information