AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Timeline? Need your help, which is first, AD or CE? 00/Wing/Seed?

Junior Member animedono is on a distinguished road animedono's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2011 12:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Timeline? Need your help, which is first, AD or CE? 00/Wing/Seed?

I been looking around on the Internet about the timeline of Gundam.

I've seen verious things about AD and CE being split apart.

What my main focus is:

o Gundam Wing

o Gundam Seed

My problem:

- I have only watched ONE Gundam series, that would be Gundam 00.

After watching this, I realised I wanted to watch MORE. Looking around on the Internet I realised 00 is the latest series, I felt like crap! After looking more and more, I realised there is a timeline.

So, does AC come fore CE? what order would Seed, Wing and 00 be in, and do I watch Wing or Seed first?

I really don't know, the Interenet results give me a mixture, saying 00 is the latest, and I'm getting confused.

Please help. Much appreciated.

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Timeline? Need your help, which is first, AD or CE? 00/Wing/Seed?

I made a Gundam series guide thread here a few months ago. Hope it helps.

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...m-series-guide

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by animedono View Post
    I been looking around on the Internet about the timeline of Gundam.

I've seen verious things about AD and CE being split apart.

What my main focus is:

o Gundam Wing

o Gundam Seed

My problem:

- I have only watched ONE Gundam series, that would be Gundam 00.

After watching this, I realised I wanted to watch MORE. Looking around on the Internet I realised 00 is the latest series, I felt like crap! After looking more and more, I realised there is a timeline.

So, does AC come fore CE? what order would Seed, Wing and 00 be in, and do I watch Wing or Seed first?

I really don't know, the Interenet results give me a mixture, saying 00 is the latest, and I'm getting confused.

Please help. Much appreciated.
    The simplest answer is the order in which you watch the main series of a timeline (Wing, Seed, 00, etc) really doesn't matter, as long as you stay within the timeline. You see, the various timelines in Gundam (UC, AC, CC, CE, AD) are not connected to each other, so order doesn't matter. For example, UC is the timeline for the first Gundam series, Mobile Suit Gundam, and its sequels and spinoffs. AD is the timeline for Gundam 00 (the latest series). While Mobile Suit Gundam was released first, it would be incorrect to say that the events in that series happen before Gundam 00, since their timelines are not connected to each other.

Order only matters within a timeline. For example, you want to watch the events of the Cosmic Era, you should watch Gundam SEED first, then Gundam SEED Destiny. If you want to watch the events of the After Colony timeline, then you should watch Gundam Wing before Endless Waltz.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Junior Member animedono is on a distinguished road animedono's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2011 12:20 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    The simplest answer is the order in which you watch the main series of a timeline (Wing, Seed, 00, etc) really doesn't matter, as long as you stay within the timeline. You see, the various timelines in Gundam (UC, AC, CC, CE, AD) are not connected to each other, so order doesn't matter. For example, UC is the timeline for the first Gundam series, Mobile Suit Gundam, and its sequels and spinoffs. AD is the timeline for Gundam 00 (the latest series). While Mobile Suit Gundam was released first, it would be incorrect to say that the events in that series happen before Gundam 00, since their timelines are not connected to each other.

Order only matters within a timeline. For example, you want to watch the events of the Cosmic Era, you should watch Gundam SEED first, then Gundam SEED Destiny. If you want to watch the events of the After Colony timeline, then you should watch Gundam Wing before Endless Waltz.

Ahh, that does make sense! Thank you so much, It's been a headach for me as I've been looking around for past two days, few hours at a time trying to understand.

Okay, Thank YOU.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Muffin View Post
    I made a Gundam series guide thread here a few months ago. Hope it helps.

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...m-series-guide
    Just read through this, much appreciated to see such a review on the episodes for each time compared to other ones I've seen.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information