AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Luv's Signatures Collection

Junior Member Luv is on a distinguished road Luv's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2011 11:15 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Luv's Signatures Collection

Hi everyone,

Luv here. I joined this site especially to show off some of my signatures collection, since I want to become better at this and I find that I can be the best here. ^^ I always look around the site and there are certainly many beautiful talents around. So I am hoping for some constructive criticism to help me improve. ^^

So, without anymore delays, here we go. <3

January 05 Collection

I'll be updating often with more as I make them, but I'd love to hear some thoughts on these ones. ^^

Credits go to Serated for the renders.

Last edited by Luv; 01-05-2011 at 12:00 PM.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Default Re: Luv's Signatures Collection

Off to a good start I'd say. Some of your sigs (like the first one) have too many things to focus on. Try keeping things simpler.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

For starters you need to work on your text which is what people have the most trouble with.

The forth sig has NOTHING in focus. When there's nothing for someone to focus on they don't look at it. And as a sig creator you don't want people to just skim past your sigs. And the last one is too blurry as well the overwhelming..ness of the BG just really causes a shift in focus.

The 5th one has too much of the same color. While good to stick with a scheme you should at least have 2-3 colors to work with that go well together.

Just keep trying =D

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Right, thank you!

Yup, I understand that I need to work more on my way of texting. It's the most thing I am having trouble with, honestly. But I'll try working more on it.

And I'll try making things simpler. The problem is that usually, things just appear to me too plain or empty. But I'll try to balance. ^^

Thanks again for the criticism! Keep it coming. <3

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What program do you use to make your signatures? If you are going to place 2 or more images into a signature(like in signatures 1,4,5 & 7 of yours), I recommend that you work on some blending tutorials, and it can be extremely difficult to blend images with a small amount of space, unless you are really good at blending, so I recommend that you just work with 1 image for now.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ahh I use Photoshop. I usually use more than one image to fill space, and give a feeling I am aiming for. But do you think they are not really blending well? Are they standing out or something?

The Former Demoni Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Present Art Tools Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 11:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luv View Post
    Ahh I use Photoshop. I usually use more than one image to fill space, and give a feeling I am aiming for. But do you think they are not really blending well? Are they standing out or something?
    A bit of the problem is with blending... but it's mostly that you can't tell what your focal is. This is why your second tag is the best. There's only one character to focus on and she's in the middle of the tag. This is the general rule when it comes to focals. Making double-character signatures is very tricky, so right now I suggest you just stick with using one.

As for text, the rule I use is to keep it simple and close to the focal. That way there's no "battle" for focus between the character and the text (like in your third tag). Of course, experimenting with text is always good.

And you might want to do a little more for blending. Using color to blend is good, but I find that it's usually not enough. Try making your effects go on top of your character so the tag doesn't look like the character was just "slapped on". (I tend to use C4Ds to help with my blending.)

Just keep experimenting with different things and you'll get it. :D

Cotaku's Tags | Taking Requests Here | [Member of Illuminated Spirits]

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ahh I think I get it. Thank you for your advice! I'll be playing around with more siggies soon then and showing off the results. I am getting better at it. Thanks again!

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry for the double post, but I've got one thing to show off here. Just finished it a few minutes ago. Is it an improvement?

Credits for Serated for the lovely vector.

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well I think the text is off place or couldv'e been placed up higher. You should try working some more on blending, because I think you are getting the idea, because I see that you tried to place yellow by the hair and some sort of blue by the shirt. It's good to have the color blend into the main object but you got to make sure that the blend transitions well into the background of the signature. Maybe try out some blending tutorials to give you an idea.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I gave it another try, and I think I worked better with blending. But I think I missed giving it a little depth. :<

Credits for Serated for the lovely vector.

The Former Demoni Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Present Art Tools Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 11:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can see that you're definitely taking the various pieces of advice you've gotten and using them. In these last two I can tell what your focal is and the text is nice. It has a bit of style so it isn't too simple but it isn't wild or too offset. Nice job!

However, I do agree with Aleyna that the text in your first tag might be better placed elsewhere. It's not "bad" there, it just might look better if it were higher up. This is purely for aesthetics so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

As I said in my last post, blending with color is good; but it isn't enough. Putting effects on top of your focal makes it blend much better. Put some of those blurred motion lines on top of Saber's shoulder or something. Maybe a little bit of light smudging.

In your most recent tag you've done a lot more blending, however it's a bit too much. It looks like you smudged her wings to me and you "over-smudged". Now you can't see Belandy's body; just her head.
    It's a good attempt, but try to balance out your blending so it doesn't overtake the focal. If that makes sense...

Cotaku's Tags | Taking Requests Here | [Member of Illuminated Spirits]

Gil
    Shh
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like the colors in your newest signature, but the signature is pretty oversharpened. I like to use the unsharp mask. You need to mess around to figure out a percent for the amount. Usually the radius should be between 0.3-3.0.

Instagram|Tumblr

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Alright, here is a new siggie trying to take all of your advice (thanks for them, btw!). Is it better?

Thanks, Serated, for the render. <3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	siggie.png‎
Views:	4
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	37272  
    Last edited by Luv; 01-23-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Gil
    Shh
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh my goodness! That is a pretty pretty signature! I love the blending with the background, and the border is cool. The text is placed weird though, and I'm not a fan of the font, also the lighting bright and gives it a blurry appearance. Although the quality is off from the lighting and blurring, this is a really good signature, my favorite of yours so far! ^_^

Instagram|Tumblr

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Haha, thank you! Glad to hear that I am improving. <3 I placed the text this way so that it's near the focal, maybe I overdid it? And I chose this font to make it have a 'cool' feeling but maybe it wasn't suitable. ^^; But I understand that the lighting is a little too much, so maybe darkening would help?

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry for the double post, but I have a few more signatures that I've finished recently. ^^

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

To be honest, those are pretty good. The only think killing them is the text, it doesn't seem to fit. Text should either be subtle or INYOURFACE, when it's in between it makes it look weird.

Gil
    Shh
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The text is just a little off centered in them, but it's pretty good. Try using downloading and using other fonts besides cursive ones. I believe @Serated: has a tutorial about fonts on this site as well.
    Last edited by Aleyna; 02-07-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Instagram|Tumblr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information