AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer

And so I finally watched the movie...

My thoughts?

The movie was pretty meh... I was really expecting something here but I was really disappointed.

Bad stuff

*Story was stupid. It's very generic and there's no actual plot movement. The TV series was better, I mean the TV series explored the world’s solar energy monopolization, arms race, politics, terrorism, resolution for peace and all that jazz. The movie just spouts sugarcoated nonsense about reclaiming the future and human understanding and other bullcrap. It didn't even resolve any of the TV show's questions. Oh and the ELS were weak antagonists. Well they were the first aliens (Gundam SEED's stupid space whale doesn't count) to appear in a Gundam show, I guess I'll give them that.

*The characters... Oh man... This is one of the movie's major problems. They didn't handled the characters well. Several new characters appeared but they add nothing to the story. Descartes Shaman was heavily promoted before the movie's release and many folks think he was the main villain but unfortunately, his role was short and very useless. At least the Gadaleza was one beast of a mobile armor. Meena Carmine was just there so Rie Kugimiya could have a role in the movie. Nothing more. The returning characters' appearances were pointless. I don't even know what their purpose is other than the fact they were there. No progress, no character development and no Feldt X Setsuna. Screw you, Sunrise.

*The ending was very weak. Sure we get an epilogue far into the future but we don't know what happened to the characters other than Setsuna and Marina. And what the heck happened to Setsuna? He's all...metal-like. What happened to him? What did he and Tieria do in the ELS homeworld? So anyway, all that stuff happened and he visits an aged Marina just to tell her that she's right. That they understood each other? I just find that really weak. They could have done more with that scene. The only interesting part of the epilogue was the flashback. A younger Aeolia Schenberg talking to a man resembling Ribbons (voiced by Amuro himself).

And now the good stuff

*The animation was smex. The action scenes were well-choreographed, intense and just plain epic. Speaking of action scenes, the movie has a crapton of it. Insane, spectacular, fast-paced mecha battles that can make you orgasm. The final war between the Feddies and ELS near the end was mind-blowing. Mizushima really didn't skimp out on the budget here.

*Graham Aker redeemed. After that Bushido craziness in S2, our awesome American Flag pilot is back in full force and he's more awesome than ever. The Solbrave squad is probably the best squadron of grunt suits I've seen in a Gundam show. They actually do some awesome evasive maneuvers and cover each other. Those guys should have been the stars of the film. Graham, you are one awesome Char clone. This is not death! It is a sacrifice for humanity to live on!

*The Federation propaganda movie near the beginning. It was ****ing hilarious, parodying Gurren Lagann and probably the final battle of A Baoa Qu from 0079. Alejandro Corner's "cameo" was also freaking sweet. If that movie was the actual 00 movie then I probably would give it a ten out of ten.

Well that's it. A Wakening of the Trailblazer might be a mediocre movie but it's entertaining enough. It's like a mindless summer flick. You won't get much depth out of it's poor story and one-dimensional characters but the spectacular action scenes are enough to keep you entertained, especially if you like giant robots blowing the crap out of each other in fast-paced space battles. If you're looking for the conclusion of the AD series, then I suggest you ignore this movie and pretend the S2 ending is the real ending. As for me, while I find it disappointing, this movie was enough to sate my Gundam needs while I wait for the third episode of Unicorn.
    Last edited by Admiral Muffin; 01-05-2011 at 12:21 AM.

2. Thanks JeffryZin2012 thanked for this post
    Likes JeffryZin2012 liked this post
    Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer

I have to bring this to the table as well. Did anyone else notice that Setsuna barely said anything throughout the whole movie? And what was up with him acting like a recluse? The movie seemed to play it off as his trying to come to terms with his evolution as an Innovator, but that doesn't make much sense. Anyone who watched S2 could see that there was no emotional instability about that. In fact he seemed to handle it remarkably well. It's as if was just pulled out of nowhere to fit the movie's storyline better.

Other than the animation, I have to agree in that this movie was really weak. It was like an animated collage of a whole bunch of ideas that came together into a nonsensical mess.

I shake my fist in anger at you, Sunrise. Sorry to say, but this movie would've been better off having not been made at all.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Senior Member Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2011 09:14 PM
    Threads

I would watch the movie right now but I was told that the English version of it is not out yet and would not be out until the middle of 2011.
    Guess I will have to wait some more time.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

I have yet to watch the movie myself but was disappointed to learn Descartes did very little. At least the animation is very good.

Senior Member TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts K-on Pick Bleach Zangetsu Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2014 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ProdigySniperXx Steam ID: TadashiED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultor grissom View Post
    I would watch the movie right now but I was told that the English version of it is not out yet and would not be out until the middle of 2011.
    Guess I will have to wait some more time.
    By English version do you mean subbed? Or dubbed? Because subbed versions of the movie are already out

Anyways....yeah, the movie was meh to me. The animation was awesome (to be expected) but the storyline was uber lame. I would of liked to see more of 00 Quantam, and also more of a "wrap-up" to the series. Yet again, let down.. Now I just have to wait for the Gundam Seed movie to resume its creation

7. Thanks JeffryZin2012 thanked for this post
    Likes JeffryZin2012 liked this post
    Senior Member Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom has a reputation beyond repute Ultor grissom's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2011 09:14 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ItzAnimez! View Post
    By English version do you mean subbed? Or dubbed? Because subbed versions of the movie are already out
    Dubbed. I watched the two seasons dubbed and it would be kind of odd for me to see the big movie with all of the characters speaking differently.
    It is strange enough for me to watch The Simpsons in another language other then English even if I have a grasp of that language.

Senior Member TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ultor grissom View Post
    Dubbed. I watched the two seasons dubbed and it would be kind of odd for me to see the big movie with all of the characters speaking differently.
    It is strange enough for me to watch The Simpsons in another language other then English even if I have a grasp of that language.
    Aha yea, I also prefer watching Gundam series dubbed, especially SEED but unfortunately, the 00 movie won't be dubbed for a long time

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2014 12:34 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ashminigun

Quoting the words from my good friend @Ambrella:

What is this I don't even!
    That is only thing that I can summarizes after watching this hyped sequel to the second season. The storyline is pretty mess up and only thing that become the movie main selling point is the Gundams and mobile suits battling the unknown alien being that crossed between Grey goowiki and the ending of Arthur C. Clark's sequel to 2001: Space Odyssey. The only meaningful part of all the movie is the flashback showing the motive behind the Celestial Beings. I dare say, the ending is an insult to any of hardcore fans that watched the movie.

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Excuse=Me View Post
    Quoting the words from my good friend @Ambrella:

That is only thing that I can summarizes after watching this hyped sequel to the second season. The storyline is pretty mess up and only thing that become the movie main selling point is the Gundams and mobile suits battling the unknown alien being that crossed between Grey goowiki and the ending of Arthur C. Clark's sequel to 2001: Space Odyssey. The only meaningful part of all the movie is the flashback showing the motive behind the Celestial Beings. I dare say, the ending is an insult to any of hardcore fans that watched the movie.
    Agreed, I didn't like the ending at all..so much hype was built up for this movie only to be let down.. =(

Member Homer Simpson has a reputation beyond repute Homer Simpson has a reputation beyond repute Homer Simpson has a reputation beyond repute Homer Simpson has a reputation beyond repute Homer Simpson has a reputation beyond repute Homer Simpson has a reputation beyond repute Homer Simpson has a reputation beyond repute Homer Simpson has a reputation beyond repute Homer Simpson has a reputation beyond repute Homer Simpson has a reputation beyond repute Homer Simpson has a reputation beyond repute Homer Simpson's Avatar
    Gil
    Doh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2013 01:07 AM
    Threads

so whats the US release date on it

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Decepticons Eva NERV Aquarius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2012 10:45 AM
    Pinole, California, United States, 107905739230377, Pinole, California
    Threads

A total lackluster. I mean, come on!!! At least release a remake with additional 30-50 mins to elaborate it more!!! It didn't even show what happened to a crapload of character!! Instead with get Mecha Setsuna and Grandma Ismail. RAGE. Battle were epic. Feel bad for Descartes for being the 1st ELS food, and my good man Graham. That dude just moved into my 6th slot of best pilots ever(1st Heero Yuy 2nd Char Aznable 3rd Kira Yamato 4th Norris Packard 5th Zechs Marquise). I wish he didn't have to go like that though. I started to like him back in S1. I was hoping they could've changed his fate in the movie. Sad. Patrick, Patrick, Patrick. The lucky bastard that I thought bought it in S2 until I saw the ending. Seriously, this guy is like a cockroach. The man refuses to die. Lockon. I swear. I thought it was Neil for some reason. He acts like his late brother did. For the mobile suits. Raphael was epic though less screen time was disappointing. Zabanya(?) with them rifle bits is awesome. Harute reminds me of the Alegrias from SRW@3. Quan[T]. Supposedly the suit I was hoping to see for the most part... Was... Disappointing. I'm sure it would've been awesome IF again, they spent more minutes with the thing in action. I mean, 7 Swords Gundam on a shield!! They wasted a good mobile suit design to star for like 5 minutes in the movie, without as much as an epic screen time like Exia/00 Raiser. The suit itself wasn't bad: it was the role it was given that has my head banging. The Flags were epic too. Though not meant for space combat, I miss the Overflag original black scheme(the Flag in the beginning wasn't awesome because my man Graham isn't piloting it. XD). So anyways yeah. Great movie, but a true lackluster in terms of backstory, ending, and mobile suit/character depth. The director should've had a talk with SEED Destiny's(reason is that Destiny had more recap episodes/scene than GN particles) before directing story-wise. At least give us something to look forward to like a remake or something!!!
    "I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of saying thanks." -Heero Yuy

Senior Member ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Bookworm
    Gifts Neko Tv Wolf Red Ribbon
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 08:17 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I've watched it and I was disappointed with the ending, but I liked the movie during the first half, then got turned off during the last half.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Member truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2011 10:12 PM
    Threads

It took, what, thirty years for aliens to finally appear? God damn it took them long enough.

The movie is fine. I really haven't got many problems with it. I don't like the presence of Ribbons. They don't use it for anything other than trying to convince you the aliens are evil. It also felt a tad too flat. Not enough interesting action. And, anyone who paid attention to the tv show knew from the get-go that the aliens weren't intending to be hostile. So, it was pretty predictable.

I will agree at the idea that it could have been better. But, the story is fine. The story would have made a better book than a movie.
    Last edited by truthillusion; 04-20-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Junior Member Marionette is on a distinguished road Marionette's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2011 02:01 PM
    Threads

I enjoyed the movie, i eman the ending was cheezy balls but apart from that it was enjoyable.
    And the action was top notch.

And i have to agree that Mr Bushido became awesome again. :3

Junior Member JeffryZin2012 is on a distinguished road JeffryZin2012's Avatar
    Gil
    Crappy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2012 11:43 PM
    Threads

NO idea but I was havin an anxiety during the halfway of the movie.

The only thing that I appreciate on this movie is the mobile suits (QANT, Zabanya, Harute & Raphael) itself.
    Last edited by JeffryZin2012; 10-21-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Junior Member TrowaD is on a distinguished road TrowaD's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2011 03:58 PM
    Threads

This film was a real let down compared to the 2 seasons. 1 is defo my favorite and 2 was good, film was rubbish.

Who ever thought of putting aleins into gundam needs to be shot...

19. Likes JeffryZin2012 liked this post
    Member johnbryantwong is a jewel in the rough johnbryantwong is a jewel in the rough johnbryantwong is a jewel in the rough johnbryantwong's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2011 06:22 AM
    Threads

Film is just a fail. The good thing is graphic , but the bad thing is everything else, especially the fact that Gundam QanT didn't even have a proper fighting scene

Member genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2013 08:15 PM
    Threads

A lot of things were left unexplained in the movie.One thing that i really wanted to find out was HOW Aeolia knew about everything in the first place.This movie could have very EASILY been so much better.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information