AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Signature of the Week #41 Voting

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Signature of the Week #41 Voting

Signature of the Week #41 Voting

Theme: Sprites

Rules and Guidelines for Voting:

1) You must state your reasons for voting on a particular entry (I.E. what you liked about the entry). You are NOT allowed to campaign for any specific entry, nor should you post negative comments on any other entry that you are not voting for. You should vote based upon solely what YOU like, NOT what other people are voting for.

2) NOT FOLLOWING RULE 1 WILL RESULT IN YOUR VOTE BEING DELETED.

3) This contest is designed so entries are to remain anonymous. Any reference to missing dealines, who entered or did not enter will result in your entry being disqualified, and your post removed. You also risk being removed from further competitions of this nature.

Voting Ends Saturday, May 28th, 2011.

Entry A:

Entry B:

Entry C:

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Signature of the Week #41 Voting

Entry A: There is way too much clouds and hardly any effects done to the sprite. It's also borderless which I absolutely hate because those looked cropped to me, the text shadow also seems unnecessary because you could have added a one pixel border and look nice but I'm not sure about that. The text on the bottom also has the same problem and it's the text font from Pokemon which looks weird since the character isn't from Pokemon. Also the character looks like she is floating since nothing is on her legs.

Entry B: This one had a weird light in front of the attack and it could have looked better if it was placed in his hand, the one by his leg looks weird too and all those sparkles look odd too, maybe erasing some can help. The text, specifically the Final fight one, just looks odd, the gradient map covering the white text doesn't look very good, gradient map text could probably look better with shadows under the text and black 1 pixel border around it. The last thing I have to say is that I hate all this one colour in it, try adding a few more colours and such, the dark purple C4D also looks like it has been way too sharpened in the front and the more the C4D's reaches the left side the lighter they should be getting since it looks like the background was getting lighter, right now it looks like weird light to me.

Entry C: This one reminds me of both entry A and B, it has effects and it looks like the render was just slapped on a stock with a blue overlay, the shadow on Samurai Jack is also at a weird angle because if you notice the stock, the light is coming from the left side and his shadow is pointing to the left, try removing the shadow all together because placing it on the right would ruin the flow. The text is okay but the s, a, u, and l are really blurry. Also it NEEDS a border, borders let everything stay in place and it makes them look not cropped.

With this being typed I give my vote for Entry C, it seems easiest to focus on and the only problem I found was the shadow and the text. great job and good luck to the rest.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

3. Thanks Vintniv thanked for this post
    Likes Vintniv liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I vote for entry B...

Entry A: The typography isn't really appealing and the bottom line is right on the edge of the knee. I'm not sure why but when text is that close it bugs me.. Plus the abundance of clouds are a turn off. Especially right on top of the render which doesn't cause it to pop at all. It's just so white and there's nothing for my eyes to look at.

Entry B: I like the thickness of the border and the over all color scheme to the image. Pinks/purples. The sprite pops and the typography is fine. The only thing that bugs me about the typography is that the animegalleries is on top. Usually placement makes it so that smaller on top bigger on bottom. This goes against that but alright. And idk if this was intended or not but the way the light fractical is but it seems like he has 2 little orbs coming out from his attack. Nicely positioned. :]

Entry C: .........At first I didn't see anything. White on white = never good well any color on top of the same color for that matter. The sprite is so tiny and blends in with the background and the lighting if it wasn't for the text saying samurai jack I would've just thought I was looking at a light stroke and a stock of a bridge.. All I see is a stock. Sprite. and a few and light strokes/orbs. The text is tiny too.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

5. Thanks Vintniv thanked for this post
    Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Hm.
    Entry A: I don't understand how the clouds have anything to do with the sprite, and the sprite isn't blended in very well at all. I can't quite tell, but are those spotlights? Those also don't help the signature much, especially the one right by the sprite's head. The text is cool, but also is not blended very well and seems like it was just placed there, especially AG.net.
    Entry B: I don't really like how the C4D on the bottom is standing out so much. It would look better if it was blurred and more in the bg, like the C4D on top. I can see what you're trying to do with the purple light coming from his hand, but it just doesn't fit the yellow light already coming from his hand. Maybe try colorizing the yellow light to fit better with the sig? Also, why such a thick border? I really liked the sig, and then I saw the border. Try making it only 1 px, and make it a different color that fits better with the sig.
    Entry C: I like the effects you did with the background. The blue dots don't really help the overall sig, though. The text is really nice, but AG.net could be a little bigger since right now it's a bit illegible. Repeating what xey said, the shadow seems misplaced with the light going that way. The shadow should just be removed overall. The light across Jack is almost too distracting from the sprite itself, so maybe lower that a bit so only part of it is going over Jack. I think this particular sig could use a small border, just to tie things up.

tl;dr I vote for B.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

7. Thanks Vintniv thanked for this post
    AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

WHOA I DIDN'T VOTE YET OH NO! Lets do this

Now I'm not exactly a fan of sprite sigs, but I'll try.
    Entry A looks very peaceful with the color combo and the clouds going on. It's a nice size as well, but the sprite just seems to sorta sit on top of it all. At the same time, there's a lot of depth for a small 2D sprite.The text is...passable, but the animegalleries.net looks odd compared to the rest of the sig.

Entry B has some cool stuff going on. nice colors and great use of C4D's, but....the shadow. I have to ask why. The sprite itself has lost a little of it's original colors, but it works in this case. I think the drop shadow is just too obvious though, maybe decreasing the opacity on it would work better.

Entry C looks weirdly cool. I like the concept of it, nice colors, cool text...but again there's a shadow...a pretty big one at that. The text on both parts are pretty hard to read. I do love the depth though.

So my vote goes to B.

Also, what is up with the shadows?

9. Thanks Vintniv thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information