AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sign Up: The School of Seven Towers

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sign Up: The School of Seven Towers

@Cross Avantgarde

Approved!

FYI You've only spent 20 points (so you have another 40, in addition to the reserve). Also the artifact you've described is waaaaay less powerful than you could have for those points, so I'll assume there's other stuff. All of that's fine though, especially with your description of how he's feeling behind the curve at the moment, and mentions of previous inventions that might be partially done or around. He can grow into and reveal stuff as time passes. I'll make an entry point, though you'll have to connect your character to the spot.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Understood, thanks. I edited the point reserve accordingly on my sign up post. Yeah, I'll keep Jasper toned down here at the start; thanks again.

Junior Member apachestyle is on a distinguished road apachestyle's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2015 04:32 PM
    Threads

Name: Alice
    Culture: Netherkin (The similar-to-a-vampire-kind)
    Appearance: Around 5,6 in height, long auburn hair that curls a little at the ends, green eyes, usually has a pale flowy dress and the few times she's outside in the day she has a parasol.
    Hobbies/Interests: She has an interest in classical music on the violin or piano.

Personality: For the most part she's nice and welcoming, but if something is done that she doesn't like, it won't be very good. The best way to describe her is like biting into a cupcake only to realize there's a knife inside.

Point Allotment: (Netherkin package 20) (I don't really understand this part, so I'm leaving it vague)

Bio: The reason Alice is a Netherkin is something that happened before she was born. Her parents were happy, and when her mother got pregnant with her, her father was killed by a Bushido who had a grudge against him. Over the next ten years afterwards, her mother slowly sank into despair. On her 10th birthday, Alice asked for the first time why she didn't have a father, and her mother went berserk. She ran out of the house screaming "Thirsty, so thirsty". Alice chased after her, only to find her drinking the blood of one of the shop owners. Alice stood there petrified, until her mother drank every last drop of blood. Then her mother started chasing Alice. Alice escaped, and was adopted by a family of pactmakers, but they treated her as a servant, and never noticed her fall into the darkness. Just when Alice was about to go insane, since no one would believe her when she said what she had been through, she was enrolled into the school.
    Last edited by apachestyle; 03-01-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apachestyle View Post
    Name: Alice
    Culture: Netherkin (The similar-to-a-vampire-kind)
    Appearance: Around 5,6 in height, long auburn hair that curls a little at the ends, green eyes, usually has a pale flowy dress and the few times she's outside in the day she has a parasol.
    Hobbies/Interests: She has an interest in classical music on the violin or piano.

Personality: For the most part she's nice and welcoming, but if something is done that she doesn't like, it won't be very good. The best way to describe her is like biting into a cupcake only to realize there's a knife inside.

Point Allotment: (Netherkin package 20) (I don't really understand this part, so I'm leaving it vague)

Bio: The reason Alice is a Netherkin is something that happened before she was born. Her parents were happy, and when her mother got pregnant with her, her father was killed by a Bushido who had a grudge against him. Over the next ten years afterwards, her mother slowly sank into despair. On her 10th birthday, Alice asked for the first time why she didn't have a father, and her mother went berserk. She ran out of the house screaming "Thirsty, so thirsty". Alice chased after her, only to find her drinking the blood of one of the shop owners. Alice stood there petrified, until her mother drank every last drop of blood. Then her mother started chasing Alice. Alice escaped, and was adopted by a family of pactmakers, but they treated her as a servant, and never noticed her fall into the darkness. Just when Alice was about to go insane, since no one would believe her when she said what she had been through, she was enrolled into the school.
    Welcome! The character is actually fine as is, I'd just need to decide on where to drop you in and I have a fair idea where I'd like to do that.

As for points. It does seem to confuse people. Sorry
    Do you have a set of things you'd like her to be able to do or anything like that?

Junior Member apachestyle is on a distinguished road apachestyle's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2015 04:32 PM
    Threads

Not really? I'm fine with a normal Netherkin, since the more included into the character's abilities, the less likely I'll focus on her actual personality.

Senior Member ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2015 05:52 PM
    Threads

Name: Alcazar
    Culture: Wanderlust
    Appearance: He's 5.9 feet tall, weighs 173 pounds and is quite muscled. He has long yellow hair but keeps it in a long ponytail and is clean shaved (kinda like edward elric). He's got gray eyes and pointy ears.
    He wears a yellow T-shirt with a torn black jacket over it, he also has goggles hanging around his neck and one climbing glove on his right hand (which he uses to cover something up). He wears long black pants and also wears boots.
    He always has his saxophone with him as well.
    Hobbies/Interests: Travelling, helping poor people, talking, and playing the saxophone.

Personality: Alcazar is a very happy and easy-going kind of person who loves being the center of attention. He has no shame and because of this he can be very noisy and even annoying at times, but that's what makes him fun.

Point Allotment:
    -Wanderlust Culture Pack (20 Points)
    (Empathy (10 points) / Grace (10 points) / Freedom magic (10 points) / Illusion magic (10 points) )

-Skill: Evading/Doging (15 points)
    -Power: Super Jump, abilty to jump incredibly high/far (10 points)
    -Skill: Learning (he basically is good at repeating what he sees other people doing) (15 points)

Potential (40 points)

Bio:
    Alcazar had a very tough childhood because his father AND mother were both wanderlust and thus he was left in the hands of an old lady called Nancy Dandero and she took care of him for 10 years. During those 10 years he constantly had to fight at elementary school in order to make it through and was often robbed on his way back home due to Nancy living on the outskirts of the city.

When he became 10 he had already become strong in both mind and body and started to see his skill for climbing, jumping and most of all entertaining (like his parents) and thus he started to focus on these capabilities.

When he turned 12 and finished elementary school he went back home, incredibly excited to tell Nancy he had finished school. But when he came back he returned only to see his home on fire and Nancy's corpse afterwards. It was at this point that Alcazar decided to follow in his parents foot steps, as he had no other choice.

He travelled from city to city and met all kinds of people, saw all kinds of landscapes and he had a lot of fun with this. A lot of people loved hearing him play the saxophone, which he got a lot of money for, but he always felt obliged to help the poor, since he knew how it felt. He always donated half his earning to the poor.

He continued to live this way for the next 7 years when he suddenly got an invitation from the school of seven towers. Being the adventurous type of guy, he decided to accept and thus he arrives.
    Last edited by ThatOneBelgianGuy; 03-20-2015 at 12:47 PM.
    Made by the fantabulous Neshi-chwaan (Nesh)

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Character accepted at least enough to get going.

With the hobbies and interests you're allowed to have degree of skill in something (like your magic tricks). So you might wish to repurpose those points. It's fine that way, although bear in mind you're talking about magic tricks in a setting with actual magic. So little things to surprise and delight make sense, but more elaborate Las Vegas stuff might have people thinking the "trick" is that you're using your illusion magic, or maybe actually magically summoned a Tiger as people are known to do.

Senior Member ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2015 05:52 PM
    Threads

Okido,
    I'll see what I can do with the points
    and as for the magic tricks, you got a point there, I think I'll change it to a musician if that's fine
    Made by the fantabulous Neshi-chwaan (Nesh)

Senior Member Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Green Ribbon
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2015 01:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Danger Duchess

I hope I'm not too late!

Name: Tsura "Eira" Gethin

Culture: Celestial

Appearance: Eira stands at 5'8" with a slender frame and light olive skin. Her eyes are a shade of maroon akin to that of blood. She has layered mahogany hair that has natural (or should I say supernatural, HEHE {I'm funny damn it.}) streaks of pure white throughout it. She usually wears a tank top with some form of jacket and dark jeans. She also accessorizes with several different colored crystals on chains that she seems to refuse to take off.

Hobbies/Interests: Eira is an artist and expresses her creativity through two art forms: violin and drawing. She prefers to listen to the works of classical composers but indulges in a bit of hark rock occasionally. She also loves to read, prose or poetry.

Personality: Eira is approachable but wary of people. She doesn't tend to divulge in personal interests or details unless caught off guard(in the sense that you listen to something she likes and she happens to notice it). Once she trusts someone, she tends to become friendlier but refrains from sharing more than she feels necessary due to a darkness that haunts her. She is very eloquent but prefers to remain quiet unless spoken to.

Point Allotment:
    -Celestial Culture Package (20 Points)
    (Communal Magic {weakened}: 20, Enhanced Strength: 10, Enhanced Resilience: 10)

-Power: Hellfire (10 points, fire element reacts to moments of strong emotion or distress, very uncontrolled and takes a lot out of her physically as she can faint or be unable to fight after its release. Only can occur is crystal is ripped off neck)
    -Skill: Skilled Herbalist (15, essentially she is able to discern what can naturally be used for medicines or poisons and use them accordingly)
    -Power: Mind over Matter (15 points, telekinetic ability, causes nosebleeds and severe headaches with extended use. For an outside example of its limitation: *sigh* Think Sue Storm from the 2004 Fantastic Four movie.)

Bio:
    Born to the Celestial culture, Tsura, nicknamed Eira for the streaks of white in her hair, was raised in a community that followed the morals they believed to be set by a higher being. Due to the color of her eyes, Eira's parents were worried for their daughter's future, knowing that the color would make her different among others, ostracized even. Nevertheless, her parents and older brothers loved her dearily. The rest of her community was not as accepting. Eira was bullied for her eyes and weak Communal magic that made her an outcast as she grew up. She was majorly friendless aside from the few people who took pity on her endless torment. The reason for her weak communal magic was explained later in life. At age 18, Eira was pushed to her breaking point and severely injured her peers in a defense that almost killed her as well. Due to the damage she caused to her peers, Eira's parents had no choice but to send her to the School of Seven Towers and cut off all contact with her, per the request of the community. This decision made Eira resent her parents to this very day.

I kept it a little vague in case she gets close to another character and shares what happened to her. I hope that's alright.
    A human bitten by pureblood vampires turn into vampires themselves. When that happens, there can be only one of two results, Their blood becomes toxic and die, or slowly suffering the pain of transforming into a vampire. Other vampires don't possess this dark power that purebloods have. I respect his strength of will, he was only a human, yet he resisted the powerful vampire instinct for four years. ~ Kaname Kuran,

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Luka Megurine

Interesting character, accepted!

You could make a post arriving at the school or being at the school or otherwise just post, we could discuss how you'd like to be integrated into the game, or you could arrive at a scene in progress.

For example you could be grilling or carrying a cake in the vicinity of:
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...=1#post2848542

But you have a lot of options.

Senior Member Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Heart Favorite
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was hoping If I could make this character an outsider usually in the dark?

Name: Fea Skeeva
    Culture: Therian culture – Survivors that began using group rituals to transform their human bodies in various ways. The majority appear as a basically human form with animal inspired traits such as ears, a tail, altered feet, animal appropriate eyes, whole body fur covering, and some alterations of facial structure.
    Appearance: She permanently looks this way.... History will explain this
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jp.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	84910

Hobbies/Interests: Finding strange creatures being a archeologist and a tutor to quite a few.

Personality: She is often outside all the towers watching and observing their emotions, to get to know what they are doing. She is shy and mysterious. Kind hearted, but once being insulted brings nightmares to the sleeping foe.

Point Allotment :
    bio magic. (20 points)
    biomorph: toxin resistance 5
    biomorph: enhanced strength 10
    biomorph: enhanced agility 5
    biomorph: Enhanced resilience 5
    biomorph: fast run/power leap 10
    biomorph: Enhanced sight 5
    biomorph: Enhanced hearing 5
    biomorph: Enhanced scent 5
    power: Emphaty 10

Bio: As a Therian tribe she was outcasted from the towers when she was only 18. She knew the history of the increased territory seeking of their kind to control more city states, She usaully can be found at the North area of the therian volunteers and expending it? She was not someone who would expand the area as it is now. Reason to outcasting is because she has a more developed feeling toward animals and even if she is insulted she often lashes out at the accuser.
    When she was little, she only barely remember her parents-- they had fought in the War of the Lake. Having known someone who want to take places over, she would feel the pain and only memory of the only parents she ever had. A small memory of a photo and nothing else.
    When she was 18 being chased out of the school, she hit her head falling off a very high staircase. Since then she looked like a furred cow.
    Last edited by Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades; 06-01-2015 at 09:40 AM.
    Thank you for the gift Nespa

Click > http://www.cityofif.com
    http://www.tomecity.com

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades View Post
    I was hoping If I could make this character an outsider usually in the dark?

Name: Fea Skeeva
    Culture: Therian culture – Survivors that began using group rituals to transform their human bodies in various ways. The majority appear as a basically human form with animal inspired traits such as ears, a tail, altered feet, animal appropriate eyes, whole body fur covering, and some alterations of facial structure.
    Appearance: She permanently looks this way.... History will explain this
    Attachment 84910

Hobbies/Interests: Finding strange creatures being a archeologist and a tutor to quite a few.

Personality: She is often outside all the towers watching and observing their emotions, to get to know what they are doing. She is shy and mysterious. Kind hearted, but once being insulted brings nightmares to the sleeping foe.

Point Allotment : 20 points of bio magic. (20 points)
    toxin resistance 1
    enhanced strength 2
    enhanced agility 2
    Enhanced resilience 2
    fast run/power leap 2
    Enhanced sight 2
    Enhanced hearing 2
    Enhanced scent 2
    Empathy power 5

Bio: As a Therian tribe she was outcasted from the towers when she was only 18. She knew the history of the increased territory seeking of their kind to control more city states, She usaully can be found at the North area of the therian volunteers and expending it? She was not someone who would expand the area as it is now. Reason to outcasting is because she has a more developed feeling toward animals and even if she is insulted she often lashes out at the accuser.
    When she was little, she only barely remember her parents-- they had fought in the War of the Lake. Having known someone who want to take places over, she would feel the pain and only memory of the only parents she ever had. A small memory of a photo and nothing else.
    When she was 18 being chased out of the school, she hit her head falling off a very high staircase. Since then she looked like a furred cow.
    Well, maybe proof things a bit, but that's basically fine. Your point allotment is fine as well, but FYI you could spend quite a bit more, but you don't have to start out that way if you want her not to have discovered her potential yet. Though one point skills are a little hard to work with. An alternative allotment, if you'd like, could be:

Point Allotment :
    bio magic. (20 points)
    biomorph: toxin resistance 5
    biomorph: enhanced strength 10
    biomorph: enhanced agility 5
    biomorph: Enhanced resilience 5
    biomorph: fast run/power leap 10
    biomorph: Enhanced sight 5
    biomorph: Enhanced hearing 5
    biomorph: Enhanced scent 5
    power: Emphaty 10

Nice to have you! Let me send an e-mail on jumping in.

~Kya!~ animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 12:16 PM
    Threads

Eeeek. @sunnyside . I can resist no longer! I hope I can keep this up. Here we go!

Name: Holic

Culture: Netherkin.

Sexual orientation: Heterosexual.

Appearance

Height: 5’6.

Weight: About 140.5lbs

Hair: Untamed waves of blue-black, once cut and now grown out its layers are varied, adding to Holics isolated personality.

Eyes: A large pair of sapphire blue irises often leading people to misjudge her. Thick, long lashes only add to the confusion of such baby blues belonging to a difficult character.

An oval face shape, delicate jawline, large blue eyes and full lips with a natural rosy shade gives Holic a classic sweetheart appearance, despite the slate/mauve bruises under her eyes and a sickly gray complexion. Brought up through finishing schools it shows in the way she carries herself, her head high and shoulders back with steps leading from the thigh that draws a natural sway to her hips, however this is often masked by a heavier step and a hunch of the shoulders, more of a habit than her natural posture. Her height in her legs, her stride is a little wide yet light. Holic’s torso follows through with the classic curves of a feminine form, defined by her clothing without the intention. Her clothing typically includes jeans, baggy tops and fitted jackets with well-worn boots.

Hobbies/Interests: People watching, above all. Reading, experimenting in raising dead things, taking things apart and trying to put them back together and spending time in the gardens and by water. She enjoys learning the basics in any skill, a Jane-of-all trades she will attempt anything.

Personality: Quiet, unpredictable, blunt, cautious, observant, refined. Respects authority to a degree and expects respect to a degree. Holics attitude only keeps her firmly planted in the isolated hole that she's rooted in. She seems constantly absent-minded and indifferent to everyone around her, however, that is simply how Holic is. She expresses herself in small manners. A frown, or an exasperated sigh. Only when she looses control does she express true emotion. She can be found alone most of the time as she finds it hard to interact with people, however, Holic is not incapable of companionship and is able to be sympathetic and kind, but in her own way. If one were to befriend the woman they would slowly gain a level of trust and loyalty, however they wouldn't be saved from her silence, only privy to more lengthy conversations and perhaps a smile or two.

Point Allotment (Skills, Powers, Magic Disciplines, Artifacts/Companions):
    Netherkin package:
    Netherkin form (20 points): Holic can manipulate some traits of the objects she reanimates to shift herself. Example: If Holic has animated a crow she can shift her fingernails into talons, ad her eyesight is sharper. If Holic has animated a frog, she can leap great distances.

Shadow walk (10 points): Holic can use any shadow, even her own to teleport, however she can only teleport into shadows large enough to hold her physical form.

Undead affiliation (10 points): Holic has one companion that she can call upon for company or aid. Laudi manifests itself in the form of a great, hulking shadow that seems, at times to appear when uncalled and stalk the young woman. She finds it both distressing and comforting and ,at times, having a mind of its own.

Skills: Gardening (10 points) Medical care (10 points)

Powers: Disembodied spirits are used as a way of manipulating air to shove/knock/pull or at times crush objects. Hand gestures are needed to activate. (20 points)

Magic disciplines: Necromancy. To reanimate the dead, no matter how decayed or fresh the corpse is. (15 points)
    White magic. To heal small wounds on others. the magic does not work on herself. (5 points)

Bio/History:

Holic's bad attitude was not the result of some family murder, or assault, or a degrading episode in school. Holic's bitter mood had been with her since she was old enough to grasp and express emotion. As a child she was stubborn but smart, getting through school life and home-life a tight-lipped outcast, but found no real struggle she couldn't manage alone. Her parents were wealthy yet loving, and, concerned for their daughters development sent her to finishing school in which Holic learned how to speak properly, show manners and courtesy, though she only returned with well-rounded speech and excellent posture. Her parents continued in vain to help their child, mold her into something more acceptable by their high society circles. They hired tutors, sent her to schools abroad and even to boot camp. Holic never understood why. She didn't hate her parents, but neither did she know how to express anything better than mild interest. One day, when Holic returned from one of her schools abroad she found her parents had packed up and left her. Wandering the empty house she stepped into the dark shadows of her parents bedroom... and re-emerged at her grandmothers front door.

Her grandmother was a gaunt, frail-looking person, yet a strong, fierce woman who, though cared for Holic expressed the same level of mood swings and distant attitude. At 8 years old, Holic would never recover from this first instant of being abandoned, and a deep, dark pit cracked her mind and pulled her emotions in, leaving the girl subdued. She was no longer the fiery, furious child, but now quiet, drawn into her thoughts and hard to understand. Holic's appearance began to change soon after, her eyes becoming sunken with dark shadows bruising her eyes and her skin paling to a sickly gray. It was her grandmother that first noticed the signs of change in the child and mentioned the 'Netherkins' and that Holic was not alone. She taught Holic what she knew, which wasn't much as their home was not a common place to find Netherkins such as themselves.

Years later, when her grandmother passed away suddenly, it was the first time Holic experienced a numbness that took her entirely. There was nothing left for her. On her way home from the funeral she took a de-tour to the water treatment plant and tried to drown herself in the icy waters. However, as she sank and her lungs burned for air her emotions came roaring back. That connection snapped into place and Holic untied the cinder block off her ankle and broke the surface of the water, a different person.
    She was a Netherkin, she knew it with a certainty, and with that came a hunger to find more of her kind.

It was by happy chance that she heard about The School of Seven Towers and as she to her new destination she found more of what her Grandmother spoke of coming true. So she was quick to get used to the occasional ghostly face popping up, nor was she too startled when she looked over her shoulder one evening to find roadkill dragging itself after her.

From then on, whenever she felt her mind slip she would find any way to bring back that pain, the most common method she finds is submerging herself in cold waters, burning herself in the shower or cutting herself, however these are done with precision and to aid an emotional release, tending to herself after to reduce scarring and long-lasting effects. Whenever she felt bored or a need to exspell her energy she would pull at the air and reanimate dead things for entertainment, scaring unsuspecting victims which also seemed to rejuvenate the female.

Now on the cusp of 18 she has found the college and enrolled, intending to keep her head down and get through the college years, but, this is the first time she is surrounded by a mass of people, and the instinct to interact for survival may push her further than she can take.
    Kiii!~

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@animereality

Welcome! your character is accepted. Though a couple notes. Gardening could be an "interest" though I guess you could leave points in if she's "professionally" skilled at it. Also going through ones own shadow is...well I was going to say no but it's creative. How about she's found that it works if she falls backwards into it, though that makes the often unpredictable shadow walk even more chaotic?

But those are details. How best to get you in? There's a player that's now alone near the Netherkin tower, so that might be a place to drop your character in if you're interested. @ThatOneBelgianGuy 's character is Alcazar (just scroll up a bit from your sign in).

The end of his last post was
    After all that happened Alcazar wanted to relax for a bit.
    'I think I'll calm the mood a bit.' He says looking at Hugh as he starts playing a nice, soothing beat on his saxophone.
    There was a whole ruckus before that, so your character might have come down to see what all the noise was about. But the crowds are thining out. There are a couple Netherkin in the vicinity of Alcazar. Your character could just want to say hi, might be curious about what all went on, or might want to animate something and pick on the non-Netherkin. the Netherkin of the tower seem pretty hard to surprise, particularly with animated dead, especially since there are huge (to the point of bothering the rest of the school) numbers of them showing up around the Netherkin tower.

Not much time has passed in game. In fact with him it's night after the first day of classes.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades @Luka Megurine @animereality

Mostly a bump because I think people are confused by the forum date filters, but checking to see if you're still around. Now would be a good time to jump back in.

Senior Member Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts The one Ring Double Bento Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2016 09:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Odysseus7

Name: Dodar (no last name)
    Culture: wanderlust culture
    Appearance: He has a slender build, black hair and eyes and usualy wears an old torn cloak. his hear reaches till his neck and is straight. his height is 1.78m, and weight is 60kg and he gives an look like he's always on guard.

Hobbies/Interests: Studing other cultures, reading and writing

Personality: Dodar is a kind but often a little social akward type. He rather goes trouble and fights out of the way but if his friends are on the line he will give it his all. He loves to learn about other cultures and although he belongs to the Wanderlust culture he doesn't have any marks on his body that prove that and neither is he really the party type.

Point Allotment: Skills: Waderlust culture Package (20 points),
    companion: great fire phoenix (20 points) (His trustworth companion, upon death Ignia will be reborn but will start with 1 point again but will grow to her former amount of points without that investment is needed. The grow speed is dependent from the amount of food availeble with as maximum 10 points a week, Ignia is health by fire spells but weak, against water and extremely loyal to dodar and is almost impossible to manipulate against Dodar. When Ignia has at least 15 points she can fly Dodar people around +100 kg extra for each point more, Can use strong physical attacks and magic attacks. after reaching 100 points she can impossible grow any futher. It's unknown how old a Phoenix can become until they die and become reborn. and if there is just one or more but stories say that they can become older than a thousend years but it's unknown how much of this is true. There are also stories that after a phoenix becomes powerfull enough they can change their elemental affections and get a great increase in range of magic and there are even more legends but what they all have in comen is that no one knows if it;s true.) (max size 8 meters long and 6 meters wide when wings spread, max weight: 2500kg)

Magic discipline: "unknown magic" (20 points) (this contains both powers and disciplines) (because of that he traveled a lot on other continents he knows very different kinds of magic in which he's all adept he's not a master of any of theme but because of his vast range of knowledge he can get himself out of any situation)

Bio:
    When Dodar was 4 he left with his dad and set sail to other continents. There he learned the basic culture of his people from his father but he didn't teach him about the other main cultures so he knew almost nothing of them. On each of the continents they stayed for a few years and learned the basic skills and culture and magic of the people there, because of this Dodar is literate in very many languages and knowledgeble about many cultures others never heard of. When he was 14 his father died from an unkown illness and he gave is son a map with the location of his homeland and told him about a rumour that there was a school there that gathered all the childeren of the cultures around and that if he ever headed home he should check it out. After his fathers dead Dodar would travel for three more years until returning home and during these years shortly after his father died he found while exploring an ancient ruin a phoenix that had just rebirthed and the little bird decided to follow him and over the years the became the best of friends and on the day he became 17 he decided to explore some of the only cultures that were left; those of his homeland. After almost a year of traveling they finally returned to his home land. In all this time his companion which he decided to call Ignia, had quite grown and become a lot stronger and was able to control his flames in such a way that they wouldn't hurt dodar. it was then that after some questioning a few people that Dodar went to the school of the seven towers.

I hope I can participate I'm not a really good writer but please let me play along.
    Last edited by Yuuzuki; 01-13-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuzuki View Post
    Name: Dodar (no last name)
    Culture: wanderlust culture
    Appearance: He has a slender build, black hair and eyes and usualy wears an old torn cloak. his hear reaches till his neck and is straight. his height is 1.78m, and weight is 60kg and he gives an look like he's always on guard.

Hobbies/Interests: Studing other cultures, reading and writing

Personality: Dodar is a kind but often a little social akward type. He rather goes trouble and fights out of the way but if his friends are on the line he will give it his all. He loves to learn about other cultures and although he belongs to the Wanderlust culture he doesn't have any marks on his body that prove that and neither is he really the party type.

Point Allotment: Skills: Waderlust culture Package (20 points),
    companion: great fire phoenix (20 points) (His trustworth companion, upon death Ignia will be reborn but will start with 1 point again but will grow to her former amount of points without that investment is needed. The grow speed is dependent from the amount of food availeble with as maximum 10 points a week, Ignia is health by fire spells but weak, against water and extremely loyal to dodar and is almost impossible to manipulate against Dodar. When Ignia has at least 15 points she can fly Dodar people around +100 kg extra for each point more, Can use strong physical attacks and magic attacks. after reaching 100 points she can impossible grow any futher. It's unknown how old a Phoenix can become until they die and become reborn. and if there is just one or more but stories say that they can become older than a thousend years but it's unknown how much of this is true. There are also stories that after a phoenix becomes powerfull enough they can change their elemental affections and get a great increase in range of magic and there are even more legends but what they all have in comen is that no one knows if it;s true.) (max size 8 meters long and 6 meters wide when wings spread, max weight: 2500kg)

Magic discipline: "unknown magic" (20 points) (this contains both powers and disciplines) (because of that he traveled a lot on other continents he knows very different kinds of magic in which he's all adept he's not a master of any of theme but because of his vast range of knowledge he can get himself out of any situation)

Bio:
    When Dodar was 4 he left with his dad and set sail to other continents. There he learned the basic culture of his people from his father but he didn't teach him about the other main cultures so he knew almost nothing of them. On each of the continents they stayed for a few years and learned the basic skills and culture and magic of the people there, because of this Dodar is literate in very many languages and knowledgeble about many cultures others never heard of. When he was 14 his father died from an unkown illness and he gave is son a map with the location of his homeland and told him about a rumour that there was a school there that gathered all the childeren of the cultures around and that if he ever headed home he should check it out. After his fathers dead Dodar would travel for three more years until returning home and during these years shortly after his father died he found while exploring an ancient ruin a phoenix that had just rebirthed and the little bird decided to follow him and over the years the became the best of friends and on the day he became 17 he decided to explore some of the only cultures that were left; those of his homeland. After almost a year of traveling they finally returned to his home land. In all this time his companion which he decided to call Ignia, had quite grown and become a lot stronger and was able to control his flames in such a way that they wouldn't hurt dodar. it was then that after some questioning a few people that Dodar went to the school of the seven towers.

I hope I can participate I'm not a really good writer but please let me play along.
    I'm sure we can work you in. The only thing you might want to consider is the size of your Phoenix (either in terms of it's max size or perhaps just it's size now) . Big is strong...but inconvenient and you'll have to leave them behind when you go indoors and can be bothersome for any number of reasons around campus. Conversely you could take a parrot sized creature everywhere...but that's not quite as imposing, and while it would have the same number of points behind it (i.e. potent magic attacks or something) it wouldn't have the mass and airlift. Sizes in between are a blend of the two. What you've written is basically fine, just think about it a moment.

In terms of jumping you in, and I can elaborate more, but initial options would be:

-There's a lone character played by ELR (samsilous) that you could bump into

-There's a ruckus going on in the middle of campus and you could wander in on that. (Blackcat, Light Buster, and Scourgesdaughter)

-You just posting on your own. You could interact with NPCs of your or my creation, and I could see if anybody is interested in meeting up with you.

But you could PM me with something else.

Either way I hope you have a good time!

Senior Member Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts The one Ring Double Bento Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2016 09:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Odysseus7

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    I'm sure we can work you in. The only thing you might want to consider is the size of your Phoenix (either in terms of it's max size or perhaps just it's size now) . Big is strong...but inconvenient and you'll have to leave them behind when you go indoors and can be bothersome for any number of reasons around campus. Conversely you could take a parrot sized creature everywhere...but that's not quite as imposing, and while it would have the same number of points behind it (i.e. potent magic attacks or something) it wouldn't have the mass and airlift. Sizes in between are a blend of the two. What you've written is basically fine, just think about it a moment.
    Well you do have a good point and I think I have an idea if that is allright, except for the already descriped parts what about if we add this) This isn't comenly known or maybe it's better to say to almost none, but the real size of a phoenix is equel to when it's being reborn. His growth in size is actually the result of a special kind of magic to give elemental magic a physic form. for example when the phoenix has the size of a small building its actual size is that of an eagle and the rest is made out of fire or whatever elemental magic it uses as a result of this the phoenix can alter it's size but this asks a lot of magic control and he can also take his real size without manifesting magic (if a phoenix tries to change his size with less then 50 points there is a chance that his powers go out of control and destroy the envirement. if the phoenix has at least 30 points it can freely switch between it's original size and max size) but be aware since a phoenix in his original size it a lot weaker then when in his max size (-20 points) when it's between original and max size it's (-25+20x(curent size/max size) (amount of points needed is always it's standerd points and reduce because of size change doesn't have an inpact on it) (original size is body length: 40cm, wing spaw:1.00 meter)

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Bumping so I can find my characters, but also to let newcomers know this is still active.

Junior Member Kulix is on a distinguished road Kulix's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2016 10:45 PM
    Threads

So how is roleplaying here? You guys active often?
    Have room for any new players?

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kulix View Post
    So how is roleplaying here? You guys active often?
    Have room for any new players?
    I'm the GM and I'm around most every day (and could be on more, I just know the others are being slow at the moment). I'd definitely be willing to accept a new player. Actually even when anime forum was really hot with the roleplaying you needed to constantly be dealing with player churn, so my games all expect to keep adding people. I also recently got a PM from someone wanting to join, so maybe I could start you together if you're up for giving it a try.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information