AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite Concept Album

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Favorite Concept Album

What is your favorite concept album and why?

For those unsure as to what a concept album is; it's an album where all the musical or lyrical ideas/attributes are centered around a single unifying theme or story. A good example of this is Operation: Mindcrime by Queensr˙che, where the songs tie together to tell the story of how the protagonist, Nikki, ends up being controlled and used by the Dr. X for the doctor's own personal gains under the auspicious of doing the world a favor by ridding it of corrupt and evil people.

For me, I think my most favorite one is The Dark Saga, by Iced Earth, because of the correlation of the album and songs to the comic book and toy character Spawn. I really enjoyed the lightness on the melodic parts with a not obtusely heavy series of rifts and beats to counteract. Both light and heavy parts seem to hit at the right time with the flow of the song(s) so that it's powerful, but not too much. This video shows what I mean.

Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Default Re: Favorite Concept Album

Well, I have a lot of favorites when it comes to this category xD From Styx to David Bowie.

But my favorite one of all time has to be The Wall by Pink Floyd. I can relate a lot to the story of Pink building a wall to separate himself from the rest of society, using his tragic experiences as "bricks" for it. He's happy to be separated and away from his troubles, but starts questioning whether he's lost the ability to be human again. I can relate to a lot of these themes by some of my past experiences, and this album really helped me when I was down about things. I still listen to it often today, and will for many years to come.

Another one that I really enjoy is The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails. I find the whole decent into madness and beyond concept very interesting, and the album itself does a good job of making this idea come alive through their songs. I mean, I was a kid who wanted to work at an asylum for a good many years, and things that have to do with that subject continue to fascinate me today xD (I was a weird kid). But yeah, I still really enjoy playing this album and singing along with it.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

3. Likes Teru Murasame liked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The Wall was a major classic. Definitely a top notch favorite you have. Not gonna lie though, the movie was still trippy as all get out. lol

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

5. Likes Holocast liked this post
    Senior Member Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Black Beauty LesPauls AK47
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2019 09:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Teru_Murasame Steam ID: The_Human_Panzer

"My Arms, Your Hearse" by Opeth, because Opeth <3

Close second and third are "Abigail" by King Diamond and "The Key" by Nocturnus" respectively

This is the life we chose, the life we lead... and there is only one guarantee: None of us will see Heaven

Let's start with a bullet

7. Likes Holocast liked this post
    Member kaufen is on a distinguished road kaufen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2017 06:05 AM
    Threads

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - Iron Maiden, Operation Mindcrime -Queensryche, and The Wall - Pink Floyd
    edit - Corrected "the" to "a"
    Last edited by kaufen; 06-11-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Member comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2017 08:25 AM
    Threads

By far the most metal thing ever derived from Moby Dick.
    Last edited by comprar; 05-25-2016 at 06:49 AM.

Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

I really, really want to say "Cruelty and the Beast" by Cradle of Filth just because I freaking LOVE anything to do with Elizabeth Bathory, but that's just for the story and lyrics mostly. I mean, I like the music, but it's definitely not their best.

Oh no. My favorite concept album as a whole DEFINITELY has to be "Witches" by One-Eyed Doll. Omg that whole album is just amazing in all aspects!~ <3 It's all about the Salem Witch Trials, which are another part of history I absolutely love to learn about and whatnot, and that album, man. It's perfect. All around. Oh my god. They took an entirely different direction from the norm (for them) to do it, but it was SUCH a good move. It sounds amazing and it tells the story very, very well.

She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

Moderator BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori)'s Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Raccoon Jade Disc Soul Eater Soul
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2020 12:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Blugrutori

My favorite concept album would be FFXIV's and all of the Dir En Grey albums

12. Likes Teru Murasame liked this post
    Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

I'd go with "The Age of Plastic" by Buggles.

Roughly, the album is about the distance media and technology put between an observer and the experience itself, and how through multiple iterations media ultimately distances itself from the initial event or thought, not just the viewer. There are bits more generally about the advance of technology making new industries while mercilessly killing old ones. (One song, though, "Clean Clean", actually mocks this tendency to distance as impossible in situations of sufficient sensation and urgency, stating of mechanized warfare via mention of a half-track, "God, you know it's hard to keep the fighting clean." To an extent, the group's presentation of itself, all two members of it, was a part of the same concept. In the video for "Video Killed the Radio Star", they depict themselves as an abomination of the studio, manufactured musicians for manufactured music, the very people they're complaining about in the lyrics, "They took the credit for your second symphony, rewritten by machine on new technology." Even the name, Buggles, was meant to be a sort of cheap knock-off of "The Beatles", to sound like a budget, commoditized version of the genuine article.

Pity most people only know about "Video" from that album- it's excellent, provided you can tolerate the way synthesizers sounded from about '79 t0 '81. Has a ton of zeerust and some elements of cyberpunk to it.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 04-21-2016 at 06:06 PM. Reason: "There's no technology to fake up a song; they stop the orchestra if you get it wrong!"

STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 11:55 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here's my take: Pink Floyd's The Wall, because I can relate to the concept is matching to my real life. Then there's (also from the Floyd, Dark Side Of The Moon, along with the late Dan Fogelberg's The Innocent Age, REO Speedwagon's Hi Infidelity, Paradise Theater and Kilroy Was Here (both from Styx), and The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band And The Electric Light Orchestra's Eldorado and Time
    320 years have passed since the coven sank into the dark

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

Here's something from my blog:
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?1...y-Special-Blog

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My favorite is The Heroine Diaries from Sixx AM. It's a pretty dark album considering it the soundtrack to the book by the same name, but I really enjoyed the book and had to listen to the music that was inspired by the book and Nikki Sixx's life.

16. Likes ladyj86, Teru Murasame liked this post
    Member ladyj86 has a brilliant future ladyj86 has a brilliant future ladyj86 has a brilliant future ladyj86 has a brilliant future ladyj86 has a brilliant future ladyj86 has a brilliant future ladyj86 has a brilliant future ladyj86 has a brilliant future ladyj86 has a brilliant future ladyj86 has a brilliant future ladyj86 has a brilliant future ladyj86's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2016 03:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: chasinasphalt86

I would say Wretched and Divine from Black Veil Brides It has its own spin yet you can tell there's as story line built into it.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

A lot of people like Pink Floyd's The Wall. Ten years ago, I might have gone along with that. But I refuse to have anything to do with Roger Waters ever since he started using Nazi inspired imagery in his concerts.

So now I will go along with Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick, which is a spoof of concept albums. Only some people did not get the joke and actually took the album seriously.

Member Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2016 07:33 AM
    Threads

mine would be 2112 by Rush

also makes for a nice long alarm clock ringtone, I discovered!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjer View Post
    mine would be 2112 by Rush

also makes for a nice long alarm clock ringtone, I discovered!
    2112 is an epic album, but I'm curious as to which part of the song 2112 (I'm assuming you used the song 2112) you set as your ringtone?

Member Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    2112 is an epic album, but I'm curious as to which part of the song 2112 (I'm assuming you used the song 2112) you set as your ringtone?
    oh, i got the whole thing suite in one track somehow, which i wake up to and leave on while i shower and get dressed

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjer View Post
    oh, i got the whole thing suite in one track somehow, which i wake up to and leave on while i shower and get dressed
    That is just amazing... lol There's no why I could do all of that in just 20 minutes and 34 seconds. XD

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    That is just amazing... lol There's no why I could do all of that in just 20 minutes and 34 seconds. XD
    lol i wouldn't be done by the time the song's over, of course

Junior Member Sogogi110 is on a distinguished road Sogogi110's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2016 01:47 AM
    Threads

"Witches" by One-Eyed Doll.
    It sounds amazing and it tells the story very, very well.

Junior Member KatyRet is on a distinguished road KatyRet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2016 09:34 AM
    Threads

''In The Wee Small Hours'' couse I love Sinatra

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

and The Final Cut more!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information