AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG: The School of Seven Towers

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RPG: The School of Seven Towers

His snake slide up her leg and out of sight. "Sometimes I wonder if he just does stuff like this to get under my skin. Makes me want to shed it so he isn't under it." Shivering, Sam turns towards the door. "Sure, if that's what you want. And that will give us time to converse, Kershaw."

Stepping towards the stairs, his eyes look over at the Bushido. "The teachers called it off so whatever caused it is of no concern now. And even if we did figure it out? That does not mean they would use the same way the next time." His eyes looking straight into Mami's, he smiled. "I do hope to run into you again if you do not join us." And started out.

His snake came up around Kershaw's neckline and nuzzled her cheek.
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Senior Member Black-Cat0001 is on a distinguished road Black-Cat0001's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 05:20 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OPG ECHO WOLF

"Allright. I think it's better if We called it off since this happened, and the time is late as you stated so I would recommend sending the students off to their respective dormorities or where ever their needed next after letting me know where each is going to be at incase I or a higher needs to get in contact with them. I have another matter to attend to, and is current taking up my time so I will be near the Netherkin tower message me if needed. Also keep me posted please on the students condition too. Thanks." Shi left after talking to a few students and went back towards where the group was.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

@sunnyside ; @~Shobu~ ; @Ranshiin

“Oh, that’s right,” Jasper thought. "Sefton isn’t able to talk right now. Bah…"

He thought for a second and then spoke out loud. “Sure, I’d love to see what he has. I know I could learn a lot, and you would be a good guide, I’ve no doubt. On the other hand, I feel it might be a bit selfish of me if I make everyone stay up for that. Maybe we should just turn in for the night. It sounds like we have a lot to take in tomorrow.”

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

Phoenix could sense that Jasper had more to inquire but he restrained himself, much to her relief. She was exhausted and even speaking seemed like a task. She turned Shar's invitation over in her head. It would be nice to meet other Wanderlusters, but she didn't know if she was up for meeting even more new people when she was barely holding herself together after that episode.

"Well, I'll go as long as I can sleep. I don't know if I'd make such a great first impression with my fellow Wanderlusters in this state." She said. The base of that tree was sounding more and more inviting by the second. She'd never been so bereft of energy in her life.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OOC: Sorry everybody. I don't know if everyone is in the United States, but it's been a holiday weekend here, and my birthday, so I've been out of it since about Thursday. Although I understand a lot of people are busy this time of year for classes and such. So lets all bear with each other for a bit

----------------

@ELR and @Light Buster

OOC: I wasn't sure how to deal with the snaking, but lets just let it slide.

IC:

Kershaw at first gives out an "Eeek!" and hops about as the snake crawls into her clothes but eventually she just smiles it off after the snakes head has popped out.

The young man starts out of the room. He looks at the Bushi and says "If one of you would help me look, that would be great." However he has a hard time managing eye contact, and it feels awkward. As such he starts heading out of the room.

Kershaw also starts heading out. "Lets try and get past the proffs fast. It's late and I want to show you all the stuff in my lab!"

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

@Cross Avantgarde @Ranshiin @~Shobu~

There is great relief in Shar's voice as he says "Yes, perhaps just getting to Sefton's quarters and getting some rest would be best. "

He eye's Jasper again for a moment, thinks, and adds "...and some of the masters items may be less than safe. In any case it would be better to have them explained by a grateful benefactor than myself yes? "

"And then Ysar can make everyone some breakfast hmmm? "

Shar pads along a bit more, towards the Pactmaker tower, pleased with how things were turning out. Though he does notice how tired Phoenix is getting. He looks over at the Therian. "Hmmm. If you wouldn't mind, would it be safe to let FeFe rest on the board and just sort of tow her along? Bah on the TEch Mages for not keeping any trains running! So inconvenient!"

However the terrain, as the group moves away from central campus, is actually pretty nice and lush, a very rare thing in this wasted world, and the sky clear and full of stars.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

@Black-Cat0001

Some of the teachers seemed to be able to reply to Juggernaut. But the seemed to think better of it and went with polite and noncommittal nodding and went to help other teachers taking attendance of the students or extracting them from the various buildings now that the exercise is finished.

OOC: Hmmm. Presumably the situation would have cleared up by the time Juggernaut returns to the Netherkin tower, though shi could find and interview people there, or check out something in particular you had your mind on.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Cross Avantgarde @sunnyside @~Shobu~

Sorry for the delayed response. Long-story-short, my PC died and I'm having to use an 8-year-old laptop that takes ten minutes to boot up. >.>

”… I said I owe you, Magitek, so don’t argue it.” Shi’ran responded very calmly – if a little threateningly – in tone in response to Jasper’s attempt to brush off his … well, generosity was a good way of putting it? With offering to go wherever Jasper himself wanted to. ‘Course, Jasper wouldn’t know why he was being insistent or why it was a big deal … so his remark was all what was said on it, and he wasn’t going to change his mind.

Jasper proclaimed he wanted to see the airships and Sefton’s room – so that was that. The dragon-Therian simply shrugged and looked down to Shar without saying a word, waited … and then followed when the small dog-creature started to lead the way from the train-hub back towards the Pactmaker Tower.

For some minutes whilst they all walked – whilst Jasper and Shar talked about the airship and about the disposed Professor – Shi’ran remained completely silent and simply followed them all. In fact, since they were all busy discussing the Professor and his things, the Therian opted to spend his concentration on recharging his Hoverboard again lest it just give out mid-run like it had earlier on … so embarrassing. Maybe some of this trouble could’ve been avoided had that not happened…

At that point Shar asked him to let Phoenix use his Hoverboard as … well, a stretcher? Shi’ran pretty much stopped in his tracks on the path and Shar could probably tell he was rather appalled by the request. What was he, a lackey? He even ended up breathing out some excuse of a growl for a second-or-so before realising;

… Maybe it’s better not to argue with him and just do what he says? It’s probably best to go with it for the sake of these people with the interesting things..

…… So he fell quiet, and then he breathed in and out in a sigh – a very agitated, forced but acknowledging sigh – and the dragon-Therian proceeded with setting his Hoverboard down and activating it and …… sort-of gesturing at Phoenix to sit on it or whatever.

”… I dunno how I’m gonna tow it, I don’t like, have any rope or anything but, whatever …” He muttered, forcing himself to comply, very evidently. Of course, the sooner the solution to this problem was found, the sooner he’d be able to continue on walking towards the Pactmaker halls with his Hoverboard (and Phoenix) in tow.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @Ranshiin (not a problem; my response is delayed as well); @sunnyside ; @~Shobu~

Less than safe? Jasper was unsure of what Shar meant about Sefton’s possessions, but he had a feeling that he should wait for Shar to explain later rather than asking now. He did, however, want to ask who Ysar was, but Jasper supposed he worked for Sefton.

As to the question of how to tow Phoenix on the hoverboard, a thoughtful proposition introduced by Shar and pondered over by Shi’ran, Jasper slowly thought of a suggestion. If he wrapped some of the spare wire left over in his belt as twine, it could be used as a lead to guide the hoverboard. Before he suggested this to Shi’ran, however, Shi’ran surprised him by clarifying the fact, in no uncertain terms, that he owed Jasper. Jasper had never had someone owe him anything other than a fee for repairs, and it was a strange feeling for him. Even so, he was glad that Shi’ran considered his help worthy of repayment in any form or fashion.

After Shi’ran gestured for Phoenix to sit on the hoverboard, Jasper provided his suggestion. “You can use some of this wire as a lead of sorts, if you’d like,” Jasper said, taking out a small spool of spare wire as he spoke. “I can twist it into twine and it should work just fine. Or you might have a better way, of course.”

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OOC: Can't help it, have to say it.. @Ranshiin =O USE THE TAIL!!! xD Been dying to say that..
    @sunnyside Sorry, the nameless snake (so have to come up with a name for him.. grr) enjoys being up close and person with EVERYONE it likes. If you have not noticed, any time it is not slithering about it is up in Samsilus's clothing, mostly his bicep. No form of perversion is meant in the action of that. Think of it like the snake is hugging her. Once again, sorry. <3

IC:
    Shrugging once again, he hurriedly followed after her, an after though of deducted points for not going in afterwards. May they deduct me really low, he thought. Maybe he'd get booted from the class that that retched teacher dragged him into.

Then his mind wandered towards Shisoume, where was he currently? He had just up and went off on his own, Sam could almost consider him a friend. Maybe he'd run into him again. Would be interesting to get in his mind.

Before they got too far off of the grounds, he tripped over his own foot and grumbled to himself. "Have to watch my own feet..." His friend looked behind the girl-Kershaw-but did not seem to point out to her that he had fallen.

What was he doing? Getting up, dusting off, he tried to catch up. What was it she wished to show him?

No sound at all echoed in the air, only the chilled air as they trudged. Her fingers hurt from holding her necklace too hard. Skyla's eyes drifting closed as she continued to walk.

"Best not fall asleep." Her eyes fluttered wide open as Sone blew into the instrument he called an orcarina, a beautiful tune soaring out. Both Sone and Leopold had fell back next to her.

"Your master would grumble even more and may make a noise that'll echo out for eons." Leopold added, strumming an odd shaped lute. Or that is what Skyla thought it was. There was too many instruments that she did not know about.

"I did not mean to displease." Her voice was low, tired, exhausted, and lacked most emotion at all. She did not have energy to try to pretend so it was best not to put effort into any of it at all.

"Nah, you're fine." Sone stopped and smiled, Leopold patted the top of her head. "Keeping you on your toes."

Sone's eyes got huge. "I've got it, remember that ode I taught you a while back?"

She closed her eyes and pondered which ode he spoke of. Then one came to mind.

"Sorrow's sweet soft smile
    Is a mask that thousands ride
    She who is always geil
    Fill us up with your pride
    Time of crossings speed
    Forever to be whole
    Live forever in the sky
    Gentle wedded breed
    Her offspring toll
    Guide her to try."

Exhaling her breathe, she could feel her tears just there, but she pushed them back. Leopold ran forward, his steps overly chipper, Hanze and Skimro stopped in front of a building too dark to tell much about it.

"Your mother would be proud of you." He patted my head and ran forward.

But she heard Hanze's words as if she was standing close to him. "We are here, we will rest, and then we will wait."
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @ELR I may have to steal your suggestion if you don't mind because I was thinking of the exact same thing! XD @sunnyside @Cross Avantgarde @Ranshiin

Phoenix was taken back by Shar's suggestion, but she was tired and she didn't know how far this person's residence was. She didn't think she could take another five steps without simply collapsing. That surge of emotion hit her harder than she cared to admit. But even so, to be tugged along like a child in a wagon...

Phoenix glanced at each male before looking back at the hoverboard. Quietly and slightly red-cheeked, she carefully mounted the device. Wanderlust or not, this was almost detrimental to her pride. She said nothing, but simply pulled her legs from the ground and sat cross-legged with eyes cast down.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I got my PC back, yay.

Well … @ELR … I admittedly hadn’t thought of him doing that at all, heh, but my logic on that was that there wasn’t really a big-enough ‘handle’ for him to latch onto with that damn tail so … xD.

But if you people insist…

”… Wire, huh?” Shi’ran repeated the word after Jasper’s suggestion for it. He looked slowly between the Magitek lad and Phoenix, then back again, then to Shar, then down to the wire … and then he held his hand out for it. ”Okay, sure … just … just hand it over, I’ll figure it out.”

He sounded like a mix between being too bored to argue and too stubborn to take any other answer, thus the only solution was for Jasper to give him the little ream of spare wire. The Therian studied the spool for a moment once he had it … there wasn’t really a lot left over, or maybe there wasn’t a lot to begin with, and certainly when he had twisted a good length of it up into a thicker and more sturdy piece of ‘rope’ there wasn’t much of it either.

With that twine though he kneeled down to his Hoverboard, looped it through a small vent near the nearest lip of the device and tied it over so it wasn’t going to come loose from being pulled. He hoped it was going to be sturdy-enough to pull the girl without breaking; no doubt it was strong enough for just the contraption but he wasn’t so sure about the girl … he didn’t say anything about it though, instead thinking on the problem that he was going to have to slouch or walk at a strange angle to tow it due to the length of the cable. He thought a bit, thought a bit more …

… The things I do for things I want. Ugh …

It was probably his fault for winding the wire up too thick, but unless he wanted Shar complaining for being slow (which he didn’t) he had to think quick and there was a solution he had that he wasn’t that fond of but what sufficed. So, instead of standing up to tow the board (and Phoenix) by holding the wire in a hand, he slipped his tail around from behind and twisted it around the cable – and the cable around it – to hold the twine with that. Then he stood up, put what remained of the wire spool in a pants’ pocket (he had legitimately forgotten it was Jasper’s) and then glanced between the three people he was ‘blessed’ with the presence of.

”… What? I have a tail, I’m allowed to use it.” He complained, believing them to be judging him for it. ”… But there, I can tow what’s-her-name. Is everyone happy now? Can we get going again? Jasper? Dog?”

‘Course, he was sticking to it and once they were allowed to move again that was how it was. He walked … and his Hoverboard was towed along with him from behind. The wire held firm-enough to not snap, so so long as Phoenix wouldn’t fall off on her own volition she had her free ride for the evening.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

“Innovative!” Jasper said, clearly impressed with Shi’ran’s resourcefulness. He couldn’t hide a smile when it seemed that Shi’ran was being defensive over choosing to use his tail in that manner.

“You know, the Magitek would probably be more efficient if we had extra appendages. We have plenty of jokes about needing more than two hands.” He looked around after speaking. The campus was getting more and more scenic as they walked, and he wondered how far they had to go.

There were more things that he wanted to ask Phoenix while they were getting acquainted, things that were probably the remnants of what he’d been taught about Wanderlusters from his boyhood—which meant they were probably laden with stereotypes and oversimplifications. Even so, he felt that Phoenix would be charitable with his ignorance.

He also knew that he would have to tell more to Shi’ran about his proposed invention when the time came, but it seemed better to wait. Shar had mentioned that this proposed trip might provide some of the materials Jasper would be interested in, and that would have to come first.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OOC: Erg. So little time! There's just so much this time of year!

-------------

@ELR

Kershaw gets in front of Sam fairly quickly. The stumbling puts him behind a bit, so it's hard to hear what she says to the professors, but he gets the impression that she's quickly reporting people in the group as OK. Probably. The professors look like they want to talk more, but she quickly moves away and the profs are distressed enough they let her go.

As she moves she holds onto the snake to keep it from falling or flopping about...or from escaping perhaps. She's firm but still on the gentile side. She does make sure Sam is following though. She says "C'mon we've gotta hurry. I don't want to miss the last train! " Looking out Sam can see that there's still a train sitting in Central campus with a handful of students, blowing the whistle as it is about to get underway.

"Oh, nooo!" She yells, grabbing onto the snake tighter and breaking into a run.

------------------------------

Shar couldn't help but guess that Shi'ran was making a jab at him...however he was complying and getting things moving in the right direction. Shar decided to ignore it for now. Figuring a aggravated discussion might upset the balance he instead decided to walk quickly in silence, checking to make sure the guys could keep up.

He reflected a bit that, weird or caustic as this bunch was, there were rather an ideal group for dealing with a wanderlust group, hunting for a magitech item, and some muscle and flight were always helpful.

He again wished they could just hire a team, but this was better. Much more discrete. And hiring people might cause the wrong people to taking notice. A teacher with students was...perfect.

The grounds gently rolled on the way to the Pactmaker tower. Shar's path curved a little to keep away from valleys, little wooded areas, and buildings. Soon enough the spikey tower, with airships and other flying machines docked on the airdock "spikes" and led the group inside and back up to Sefton's quarters.

Being so late the tower was fairly quite, mostly just guards about. Though some rooms sounded like there might be parties inside.

Sefton's quarters were dim. A birdlike man lets the group in. In the dim light the walls show all sorts of odd shapes. The items of Sefton's collection. From urns to draperies to a long riflelike thing to odd items with little discernable purpose.

Shar simply indicates a couple rooms. "That's the guest room. It has two beds in it. I could arrange for a cot in the study or one of the collection rooms. I can make some final arrangements for the morning, but you should get some sleep while you can."

Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @Cross Avantgarde @Ranshiin @sunnyside

Phoenix waned between exhaustion and embarrassment. She struggled to stay awake as she was being pulled along. She kept nodding to sleep then jerking awake. The last thing she needed was to fall off of the board. She tried to concentrate on anything other than her tiredness.

Their arrival at the house made her feel like a ravenously thirsty animal being brought to a watering hole. She climbed off of the device and smiled at Shi'ran. It came off as sheepish but it was a smile, none the less.

"Thank you for pulling me all this way. Let me know how I can make it up to you in the future." She said then turned to Shar.

“I am more than happy to sleep on the couch if need be.”

She threw a glance at Jasper but quickly evaded the thought that was creeping into her mind. Stop it Fefe. Jasper’s too nice for that.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Shi’ran simply frowned as his response to Jasper’s glee at him using his tail to tow the Hoverboard (albeit by the wire twine) if just because the enthusiasm kinda irked him for some reason. He’d already said enough anyway; he was allowed to use it, what was so odd about that? At least Phoenix and Shar didn’t try to say anything to him and let him be whilst they’d get going again.

Quietly therefore, Shi’ran followed the small dog along the path from the Celestials’ infirmary to the Pactmaker Tower, Hoverboard in tow throughout the whole duration of the few miles’ walk through what seemed like blissfully-untouched countryside. ‘Course he knew better, he could almost smell the biomagic that had been used by some unknown quantity of Therians to help the grass and trees and whatnot grow and take root … very few places beyond the school looked so natural. If it could be called that. He didn’t say a thing in the whole time the walk took place, and didn’t think of much either – except alternating between contemplating whether dealing with these people was worth the effort, whether he should just shove Phoenix off of his device and scoot off back to his Tower or whether to just stomach it all.

He already knew what Sefton’s Tower – and in fact his room – looked like, so when they arrived at it he didn’t seem that impressed or bothered by it. If anything he was a little bored, and when Phoenix tried to thank him for carting her the whole duration he just gave her a heavy shrug and what was meant to be a, ”Sure. Sure, of course.” in response to her gratitude, whilst scraping his Hoverboard off of the path and turning it off so he could carry it indoors.

Sefton’s room … and at being told there was a guest-room with two beds, whereas Jasper and Phoenix would probably (he believed anyway) get distracted by the various ‘dangerous’ trinkets and artefacts lying about the room, he instead took straight to the room, took the bed that he perceived as being the largest and claimed it before anybody could argue. He didn’t need Shar telling him what to do to do it; he took his footwear off, then his old coat, and settled on the bed on his side in a semi-curled heap – he was too big for it, but he didn’t care to argue.

”You lot can fight over the other bed all you want, just don’t wake me until it’s daylight.” He called in a sort of loud grumble at that point, before falling resolutely silent and still.

Yep. He's being a butt.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@sunnyside ; @~Shobu~ ; @Ranshiin

Jasper gawked as they got closer to the Pactmaker tower. So accustomed was he to the Spartan, colorless, aesthetically bare workshops of the Magitek that the spikes and spires of the airdocks on the tower inspired raw awe in him. The awe was barely fading by the time they all arrived in Sefton’s quarters, and after Sefton’s collection was in view it took no small effort for him to focus on Shar’s words.

Jasper tore his eyes from the collection and looked at the room. Phoenix had graciously offered to forgo one of the beds in the guest room and Shi’ran had already chosen one in there. When Phoenix had offered to take the couch, however, Jasper caught a glance from her. Talking to her in an introductory way had been easy enough, but when a pause like this arose and he had a moment to actually look at her, he found his knees getting inexplicably weak and his face burning.

“No!” he blurted out before realizing his response was too loud, and perhaps even confusing. He worried that Shi’ran might even think he was talking to him. “I mean, no, I can’t let you give up the bed. Look,” he said, motioning with his hand to the items in the study. “Shar said he’d place a cot out here, and I’d like to look at a few of these items before bed.” He scratched the back of his head, hoping to save as much face as possible. “Take the bed in the guest room. I’d hate to keep someone up by looking at these things while they’re trying to sleep in here.” He turned to Shar. “Do you mind if I take you up on the cot in here?” He realized that maybe there was another reason Phoenix wanted to take the cot, and he wanted to honor whatever choice she would make.

“Actually…you decide, Phoneix. I’ll be happy with it either way.” He looked over at Shi’ran and he seemed ready to sleep, so he would avoid bothering him. It would be best to look at the collection at a more opportune time.

Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

OOC: Sorry my response from last time seemed vague but I chose to post late and then I didn't want to hold anyone up so I finished up the reply as quickly as possible while my friend was here. @Cross Avantgarde @Ranshiin @sunnyside

Phoenix smiled to herself when Shi'ran waved her off and acted on his own accord. She didn't mind his attitude all that much. He was just an honest person. If he was truly dislikable, he wouldn't have agreed to pull her at all. He had nothing to gain from it except to arrive here faster. He could have full well allowed her to walk, which she wouldn't have minded too much even though she was exhausted. She did nearly wreck his precious hoverboard so she would have understood if he didn't want to allow her within arms-length of the device. He wasn't so bad as he came off at first.

She hadn't realized that Jasper caught her little glance. His sudden outburst startled her. She stared at him, green eyes wide with confusion. As he went on to try and redeem himself, she found herself pursing in her lips to keep from laughing aloud. He was really an interesting character. She'd never met such an adorable man (emphasis on man because children and small animals were hard to beat). She hadn't felt her chest flutter like this in such a long time. What was wrong with her? She'd only met this man today. It's not been that long since she last- Ugh! Stop it! Focus! She was tired for sure. Her thoughts were going places she really shouldn't at the moment.

Jasper said he'd let her decide what she wanted to do. She could care less at that point. She just wanted sleep. Shi'ran seemed like he was already passed out. She wanted to be in that position. "Well, I guess if you think you'll be up a bit longer, I may just take the bed if you really don't mind." She smiled at him. "Thank you Jasper. And thank you, Shar. We'll talk again in the morning. Sleep well both of you." She tried not to drag her feet as she walked into the room, glancing back at Jasper once more before entering the room.

Settling her satchel on the floor and sat on the bed. It was terribly comfortable. She was barely able to undo her braids before her body decided to give up on her. She didn't even slip under the blanket before sleep overcame her. Even with as tired as she was, she still noted that such a large bed was lonely when only occupied by oneself.
    Last edited by ~Shobu~; 06-13-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @sunnyside ; @~Shobu~ (not vague at all, no worries); @Ranshiin

The last glance from Phoenix caught Jasper off guard, and he struggled to turn back to Sefton’s collection pieces, something that should have come naturally enough to him despite being difficult at the moment.

“Thanks for taking care of all of us, Shar,” he said once his mind had slowed down a bit. “ He turned from a few of the items and looked at him. “Embarrassingly enough, I have to admit that I have utterly no idea what most of these things are. I’d hate for my workshop instructor to hear that, but it’s the truth. Most of these are…maybe ‘exotic’ is the right word?”

He shook his head and walked over to another wall and glanced at the collection. Not only were the items mostly unknown to him, but he had a hard time guessing at their function and even what they were made out of. He was entranced for a moment, but knew that he shouldn’t touch anything without Sefton’s permission.

The cot would probably arrive soon, so he took off his workman’s belt, placed it securely in the corner where it would be out of the way, and started to unlace his boots.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Closing his eyes, he sprinted forward, his instinct was to change himself to make it faster but refused to do so, he would not leave his friend and Kershaw behind, he would stay behind them and make sure they made it first.

But his lungs were aching, too much activity he was going to blame it upon.

His eyes opened to see someone checking the outside of the train so he hoped they'd make it do to that. On the other hand, he hoped that did not mean the trains were finished as well.

"We...can....make....it....." He hissed out between gasps with doubt in his mind.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

test

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Shar knew they were tired, but was surprised, a little pleasantly how quickly they settled down into different rooms.

He replied to Jasper "I'll go find Y'sar and have him fetch the cot straightaway and make some arrangements. It's safest to give ourselves as much light as possible in case we get held up, so we'll take off at daybreak. He then hustles out of the room towards Sefton's airship hanger. "

As expected he found Y'sar, Sefton's Therian servent, prepping the ship. Shar always found Y'sar a bit odd. He had chosen to assume aspects of a crow, however he couldn't fly. It was just that his long hair was black, as were his eyes, and the feathers poking out of his forearms. Sefton and Shar quite enjoyed talking to Ysar, however they tended to avoid discussing things from before he was collared, being as respectful and egalitarian as a master servant relationship reasonably allowed. And in any case Y'sar's abilities had grown quite a lot over the years. Shar respected his sense of observation, and was not disappointed as the man spoke first.

"I see you're alone, I've nearly completed preparations to launch, but I take it you've not decided to opt for a nighttime launch"

"Right again" Shar replied "I'm afraid you've chaffed your nice shirt and pants with armor underneath for nothing. And I'm going to need you to set up one of the cots wherever a certain young techmage sets up in Sefton's quarters, and we'll be wanting breakfast in the morning. "

Y'sar nods to the ship "I'm afraid there is still a slave crew charging the power crystals. I'll need to stay on until they're done, not much longer though, as I was attempting to ensure we'd be able to take off. "

Shar makes a bit of a face "Phrasing Y'sar, phrasing. You'll have to watch that we've got a Therian and a Wanderluster in the crew. They're just contractors and subcontractors and leave it at that. In any case why did you use them? Sefton usually can get a charge for less using that crew of pactmaker apprentaces that 'ol Sid contracts out"

Y'sar, calm as ever shrugs his shoulders and said "Sefton was indisposed as you know. It was what I could get on short notice. As it was I felt remiss that things we're ready far sooner. By the way how is the Master."

Shar gives a little grunt and says "He's not that much better or that much worse, or I'd feel it. I'm sure the Celestials are doing all they can...though it seems they may be rather busy tonight." Before Y'sar can comment on that Shar pushes on and says "No time for that. We need to keep a certain degree of appearances and I do want them well rested. Get down there and tend to them. I'll stay here and make sure the job on the ship is done right, and maybe I'll make arrangements for breakfast. I need you sharp as well. We're doing this with a small crew, and it's novices. "

Shar hesitated a bit and said "I don't quite like this, but I suppose it's still the best option we really have. It should be fine right?"

As Y'sar starts away from the ship to Sefton's quarters he asks "Well, is there anything you could do to help their chances." Shar lets the question hang as Y'sar moves off. He was pondering the issue of all of Sefton's "treasures" most we're odd bits that might not be helpful on a trip like this. But some might be useful...if they didn't prove more dangerous than they were worth. And did these students even have the potency to use the items? Would Sefton approve? They were almost universally more expensive than their functionality indicated. But what if something happened to the students? Shar didn't like the choice as he strode into the airship for a bit of management oversight and perhaps criticism. Something he was much more comfortable with."

Soon Y'sar arrived in the quarters, and removed the cot for a closet as he says "Good Evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Y'sar and I'm Sefton's servant. Thank you for joining us on this endeavor. Please let me know if you need anything. There is a bathroom with a bathtub down the hall and to the right. That door over there" He points to a door next to Sefton's bedroom "Is where I'll be sleeping. Feel free to wake me. "

He then sets up the cot next to Jasper, not speaking unless someone speaks to him, and the dim lighting and the color on his dress shirt mostly hide his collar as he finishes up, dims the lights in the room, and heads towards his room.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

@ELR

It was looking like you weren't going to make it, however a number of people on the train noticed the group running, and were pointing, mostly at Kershaw. Though they chugged a little bit forward when she started to slow down a bit. She then gives a little jump to get up onto the last car of the train (OOC: Presumably with Sam).

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

She gasps and wheezes for a while and then coughs out "You. *gasp* could have just waited politely! *wheeze*" The conductor said "Be glad we waited at all! I take my schedule seriously! We're going to have to raise the pressure just to keep to schedule."

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

She doesn't press the issue and slumps down into one of the open benches, still holding onto the snake, giving it an absent minded petting. "Ah well. At least this is better than walking the whole way. You know, maybe we should make some kind of vehicle ourselves, though I usually tend to work on larger stuff."

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

OOC: Sorry for that being broken up, the forum was blocking me again.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@Ranshiin @~Shobu~ @sunnyside

Jasper was still turned towards the collection when Y’sar came and spoke. He was not startled, however, until he actually turned around and saw him with his own eyes.

Truly hoping that his surprise was not evident or, if it was evident, that it wasn’t perceived as rudeness, Jasper nodded in thankfulness once Y’sar was finished talking. The feathers and jet-black hair and eyes startled him quite a bit. How many Therians—this is what he supposed Y’sar was—would he have to meet before this no longer surprised him?

“Nice to meet you, Y’sar. And thanks for the cot,” Jasper said to him as Y’sar retired to his room. He sat on the cot for a second. It was confortable enough, but that’s not what was on his mind. He noticed, as embarrassing as it would be to admit, that he was getting homesick. Perhaps it was because time was slowing down a bit now, or because being on the cot reminded him of sleeping beside a newly christened device, sleeping beside it as it ran to make ensure that it did not malfunction sometime during the night. Jokes abounded back home of how some Magitek men were more fastidious over their devices and inventions than they were over their spouses and children. He didn’t want to turn out like that, but the memory made him smile nonetheless.

He hadn’t pondered it in a while, but he wondered who his unknown benefactor was who had funded and enabled him to go to the school. And as for his family and friends, he seemed to miss them now more than ever.

Phoenix’s carefree ways and her smile that tended to turn his joints to jelly staved off that anxiety every time, though. Shi’ran was becoming a friend as well, and had twice shown his willingness to be amiable, despite his rough edges. This must have been the last thing he thought of, for the next thing he realized was waking from a deep, dreamless sleep. He had fallen asleep with his clothes on, and he didn’t bother to take them off now, either. Try as he might, however, he couldn’t go back to sleep. Was it morning? Was it close to morning? He felt wide awake, and assumed he was finished sleeping, so perhaps morning was close, after all.

He got off the cot, folded it back, and placed it out of the way against the wall. He went to the bathroom, shut the door, and disrobed, making sure he had a towel and washcloth in reach. He placed his folded clothes on the nearby counter and realized that he would like to find a place to wash them in the near future. He probably spent more time than needed in the shower, but he was feeling sluggish in both thought and action. Did the other new students feel this way? How was his family doing back home?

He cut off the water, reached for the towel and dried off everything but his feet, doing that last as he stepped out of the shower. He quickly fixed his hair and started to place his clothes back on but left his socks and vest off, only buttoning up his shirt partially to avoid taking up all the time in the bathroom.

Once again in the study, Jasper finished buttoning up his shirt and tucked it into his pants, securing them with his regular belt. Once again, numerous items caught his attention in the study, but he was too afraid to touch them. He walked over to his workman’s belt and began fumbling around in the pouches, reminding himself of what he’d brought along.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Leaning against the door, he breathed slowly to calm his racing heart and aching lungs. "Yes, would mean not needing to rely on such machines that are on timers for transportation when their schedule is cramped. People like us, who are always running late-" His assumption, though he rarely considered himself late, just others early. "-to be able to return without returning overly weary, and to possibly, potentially, desecrate reputation by slumbering at the door of a tower."

He was calmed down and opened his eyes, the last car.

And his snake was asleep snuggled up against Kershew. "I am surprised, extremely surprised. He only does that with me." Sam's heart ached, he some what felt betrayed by his friend, but deep down he knew it was not a betrayal, just his friend finding a new one with him, though he was still unsure if it was wise to make friends.

"If my bro-" Before finishing his sentence he shut his mouth quick and averted his eyes, hoping she did not catch that.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

OOC: Going to pay catch up here.

IC:

Although Mami hardly smiles, this was her first time that she ever did. Mizuki on the other hand was smiling at Mami, sensing a change in her.

(Hiro) "Now that situation is resolved, we need to continue to find Bushido warriors."

Mizuki and Mami nodded in agreement. Still, the warriors felt like they were lured into some trap. Nevertheless, they continued their search for the strongest warriors.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OOC: Life is insane for me right now. My family seriously has seriously had a constant parade of daily events along with my job. All good stuff thankfully, just too much. Next week might still be a little rough, but I hope to come up for air properly the week after that.

On the note of events, remember Sunday is fathers day!

--------------------------------

OOC: In addition to Cross's post, Shobu sent a PM requesting that we advance the day, and Shi'ran is already in bed so.

IC:

Shar regretted that his form lacked hands, but as he gave the small ship a walkdown he once again appreciated that he didn't really need to sleep. "It's always such a bother getting this thing ready to go, and it'd be nice if it had the endurance of a lighter than air craft." But then he thought back on a number of rather spectacular magitek based airborne catastrophes that he'd observed and gave a happy sigh.

Having the night to himself he decided that the students might want to change in the morning, and he wanted to get going, not go meandering about the school where something else might go wrong.

And, he thought to himself, "my excellent sense of smell isn't always such an advantage..."

So he went down to floor fifteen and woke of one of the bespoke tailors that he knew would be willing to do some late night commissioning for a appropriate commission. He couldn't be sure they'd wear them, but he was certain of his memory of their shape and that he could get the clothes to fit. Jasper was a simple matter. He wasn't so oddly shaped nor his fashion bizarre, just a new shirt, pants, socks, and boxers, just a bit of hemming needed.

FeFe was also relatively simple because he style didn't involve...much. Shar spent some time contemplating something a bit more covering, but eventually decided that might be taken as an insult. And perhaps the outfit worked with one of her abilities? So he went with a red dancers outfit, though he got a large dancers veil she could use to at least avoid some sunburn. Maybe she would appreciate the silk? Though Shar was sure it was sourced from one of the massive silkshooter wurms Dr. Svoptic had create years ago, but it still felt nice and who could tell anyway?

Shi'ran, however, required his efforts for a fair bit of the rest of the night. But even though he was constantly giving direction it game him time to think on some of his conundrums for this trip.

In the end he elected to drag a few items into some nooks in the airship, and then, as morning was approaching, he purchased a selection of pastries, sausages, juice, and cheeses for breakfast and had them sent to the ship.

He then sauntered into Sefton's quarters determined to project confidence and loudly said "I hope you all had a GREAT REST. But it is now TIME TO GET GOING. I've arranged for some new clothes for you if you'd like them, they're on the table here and in any case could you please take them to the ship, speaking of which breakfast is on the ship if you could shower quick and follow me."

He wandered a bit down the hall and spotted Jasper already dressed. "Ah. Excellent!" Y'sar stepped out of his room, also already dressed. Though Shar just shot him a look and sighed.

------------------------------

@ELR

Kershaw's attention was so fixed on the snake after Sam's comment that he probably could have said nearly anything and she wouldn't have noticed over the cooing and petting. It took her some time to get over there, at which point she said "Well, I guess vehicles really aren't my thing...ah well, maybe another time. Or perhaps someone else could sell us something. I hope I can get my machine going with a little help from... um..."

She seems embarrassed and says "I'm sorry what did you say your snakes name was again? Um, and your name too? Sorry. I'm not good with that sort of stuff."

--------

@Light Buster

OOC: Hmmm. Let me think on what we could do with you.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 06-19-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"Samsilus-Sam for short." He turned his head to the side and looked at his friend nuzzle up. "He has no name..." Why was he so comfy looking? "No worries on forgetting." slowly looking over at her, he smiled, his tongue flickered. "I'll keep reminding you."
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside did you have anything in particular in mind as far as these new clothes go? Heh.

Since the Therian had been stubborn about going to bed (it had been late!) he more-or-less missed the whole thing about Y’sar talking and bathrooms and stuff being the first one to go try and sleep … though oddly not the first one to get up, because Jasper was awake before he (and it seemed Shar) was. Indeed it was the dog’s incessant whining that they need to all get up, get dressed and get ready that pulled him out of sleep.

… Fresh clothes? Shower? Shi’ran didn’t remember any of that the night before so after waking himself up – sitting on the side of the bed rubbing his eyes and forehead until he could see properly – he inquired into it directly …… asked Shar what the hell he was going on about, basically, to learn about these clothes and where the bathroom was, and that though he wasn’t required to take the clothes he was required to take a bath. Hrrrrgh… … well, Jasper was already awake and dressed; he didn’t know about Phoenix and didn’t care.

Since he was required to take a bath, he went to take one there-and-then. Yes, even dragons – what he was supposed to be – needed baths … he quite enjoyed them, actually.

He didn’t take too long though – not because he was concerned that Phoenix would get annoyed with him, he didn’t – and was back in about fifteen minutes. He came back into where the clothes had been laid out on Shar’s behest, he contemplated them … and then he stripped off his shirt in order to tug on the new one, and did likewise for the pants, caring not for whether it bothered anybody in the room at that moment. He had a few things in his pockets that he took over, and of course he kept his dustcoat; he wasn’t going into the wastelands without it.

”… Should I leave my old clothes here or what? I want them back, they’re comfy.” He asked Shar, because he stubbornly refused to have his clothing disposed of. Whatever answer he was given – whether to leave them or take them with to the ship – he acknowledged, provided he was assured they wouldn’t get destroyed.

And after that? Breakfast, thus he quietly followed Shar to the direction of the moored ship – once he’d fetched his Hoverboard, that is. He wanted food, and the food was on the ship, so he followed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information