AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ghosts and ghost hunting

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Default ghosts and ghost hunting

for a long time i've had a fascination with the paranormal. the idea of life after death in the form of some kind of energy, possibly electromagnetic, is really interesting to me. i watch shows like Ghost Adventures and some of the evidence they capture is jaw dropping. it baffles me how people can disbelieve in ghosts after seeing some of the evidence presented on this show. spirits visually manifesting in various light spectrums and spirit voices captured on electronic recording devices is just the tip of the iceberg.

so my question to you guys is, do you believe in ghosts? and what do you think of ghost hunting? do you think it's a worthy endeavor or a waste of time?

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ghosts and ghost hunting

Having slept in a supposedly haunted cottage for two weeks on holiday I can safely say that yes, I do believe in the paranormal. I can't say for sure whether I think ghost hunting is a good endeavour or a waste of time - I don't do it myself, obviously, but if people want to do it or try to do it, then praise be to them.

People just have to accept that sometimes, the only explanation for something is a big can of 'the frell if I know, ghosts?'. There's enough of this world we still don't understand, anyway. Plus I'm agnostic, so suck it science.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

Actually there's a chance that the ghost or soul is not in fact any kind of energy that exists on this plane of existence, but whatever it can affect energy and in fact must in order to affect this universe.

Did you ever see "What Dreams May Come"?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

Ghost hunting huh? All I can say is, it won't be enough to provide you with enough income to feed you or pay your bills, if provide you with any income at all.

It is hard to say that it is a worthy endeavor unless you are able to catch an actual ghost for all people to see & that's not plausible.

As much as I am interested in the paranormal, I'd have to say, there are better stuff to do in life.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Did you ever see "What Dreams May Come"?
    i've seen the movie and read the book. and the reason i believe ghosts are made up of electromagnetic energy is because very often people will have a paranormal experience (visually, audibly or just sensing a ghost), and at the same time get a spike on an EMF detector. also on Povaglia Island in Italy, Zak Bagans, lead investigator of the Ghost Adventures crew, witnessed and recording a spirit orb coming into contact the antenna on his EMF detector, which then gave a reading of 22 milligauss, which is by far the highest reading they'd ever recorded, and right after the detector short circuited.

Member Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2016 10:16 PM
    Threads

I believe in ghosts because I had countless experiences with them growing up in my grandparents house, as a result, I've actually lately been considering getting some equipment together and starting my own ghost hunting group with some local friends. I believe doing so would be quite an interesting and enjoyable experience overall.

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ourobus View Post
    I believe in ghosts because I had countless experiences with them growing up in my grandparents house, as a result, I've actually lately been considering getting some equipment together and starting my own ghost hunting group with some local friends. I believe doing so would be quite an interesting and enjoyable experience overall.
    hell yeah dude, go for it.

8. Likes Ourobus liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Einstein said there had to be an afterlife because we're energy which can never be destroyed.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Einstein said there had to be an afterlife because we're energy which can never be destroyed.
    Are you sure of that? I'm aware of the law of conservation of energy, but what you stated earlier is your own assumptions & its not Einstein's words, besides:

Albert Einstein: I Cannot Conceive of an Individual Surviving Physical Death
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio...lbert_Einstein
    Last edited by Astral_Mage; 03-09-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

“Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” ---Albert Einstein

Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

“Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” ---Albert Einstein
    A good one, yet no indication to afterlife.
    It is much more complicated than subtle quotes I guess.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Shrugs* Look as far as I can tell the easiest way to find out about an afterlife is to die.

Personally I plan to live forever and so far so good.

Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

*Shrugs* Look as far as I can tell the easiest way to find out about an afterlife is to die.

Personally I plan to live forever and so far so good.
    Now you're talking

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've went ghost hunting a lot and never saw anything, don't get me wrong I've been scared, but I will go into any situation and usually it's pretty disappointing, people just projecting what they want onto something.

Still, it's a lot of fun and I'm always open to seeing something.
    -TWM-

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wing Man View Post
    I've went ghost hunting a lot and never saw anything, don't get me wrong I've been scared, but I will go into any situation and usually it's pretty disappointing, people just projecting what they want onto something.

Still, it's a lot of fun and I'm always open to seeing something.
    you have to go with the right people, people that aren't just there to "get scared" but really communicate with the dead. and chances are you aren't going to see anything, unless you have thermal/full spectrum cameras.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

I always took you for a skeptical person, but anyway, I think ghost hunting is a massive waste of time. They don't exist. Not saying it cant be fun, but really now.

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    I always took you for a skeptical person, but anyway, I think ghost hunting is a massive waste of time. They don't exist. Not saying it cant be fun, but really now.
    i've seen enough evidence to make me a believer. and one could argue, but video and audio can be manipulated! well that's making the assumption that every single person who comes forward with evidence is a liar and expert in media manipulation, and i don't believe that.

someone like you, who doesn't even give the possibility of ghosts existing a chance, just flat out says Nope! probably won't be swayed by anything except a personal experience, so there's really no point in me asking you to watch a piece of evidence. i will say that it's unfortunate that there are such closed-minded people out there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information