AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: this forum is dead.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: this forum is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 1nterest1ng View Post
    I resent that remark. I don't take him serious one bit. He to me is much like Animedude just a tad bit tolerable.

You're right.

Nobody takes him seriously then. xD

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by International 4-8818 View Post
    But I like my clay clay.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

2. Likes someoneofforumpast liked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

So how about we get back to the original, slightly modified, topic on the forum activity and how we can work together to fix it?

And by that I mean stop feeding the wannabe VG with comments that only serve to derail things... =/ Otherwise I might have to actually do some work as a mod.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I agree with @Yoko Littner

If people keep telling people to "stop complaining" then the community will never prosper.

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

I think the real problem is that you have a juxtaposition of of the old AF community (get off my lawn members) vs new members.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, you're killing my grass by standing and playing on my lawn! How else am I supposed to react?! XD

Not going to lie, you're absolutely right. The older members tend to resent change and harbor nostalgia more than anything. We've seen that a lot with AF Chat. I don't think we've seen it too much with AnimeGlobe though, even though I'm one that still misses the old layout. But that happens with anything, and anywhere. Not just here. We all have to work together. It's not bad to be nostalgic, but it's better to let people know why you're nostalgic for things, as well as be open to newer things too. A good case in example is the old RPG game we had when on vB3... Every time I talk about it, I get teary-eyed and the people I tell about it are all "WHY DON"T WE HAVE THIS ANYMORE?!!!!" (Mainly because it was an old code for an old vB system that we're not using anymore, and there's currently nothing like that for the current vB we use or the newer vB that's out.) But to say we're out of ideas is false, and to say we haven't tried is false too. There's a bucket of 1000 ideas we've dumped into all of the sites, and out of that only half lasted longer than 3 months before being dead. So when someone says features and gimmicks aren't what makes a site active, that's what they mean... lol Still, we cannot surround ourselves with nostalgia only nor only use what's new.

At the same time, even if we did try to keep everything like it "used" to be, that in itself would be impossible due to the fact of we all joined at separate times... I came in when the chat and forum was on AnimeGlobe. My Brother came in when it was TuxedoMask.com and MoonieMail. Some came to AF during its vB3 days while others remember only the vB4 days. So yes we're all nostalgic for the old days, but whose old days? I remember calling the veterans from the TuxedoMask days "oldies", and not too many years ago I ended up calling myself that... Still even if we tried to take things back to the way it was, it doesn't mean it'll be any better than now. I mean, who really wants to download Java to run Chat again? Even the oldies agree, no java is good. XD Now I know some would be delighted in reverting back to vB3, but that's not really all that great of an idea either. Especially if we're trying to stay modern to bring in new folks.

Now with that,
    I turn my back to the wind
    To catch my breath,
    Before I start off again.
    Driven on without a moment to spend
    To pass an evening with a drink and a friend

I let my skin get too thin
    I'd like to pause.
    No matter what I pretend
    Like some pilgrim --
    Who learns to transcend --
    Learns to live
    As if each step was the end

Time stand still -- I'm not looking back
    But I want to look around me now
    See more of the people and the places that surround me now

Freeze this moment a little bit longer
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger
    Experience slips away...

I turn my face to the sun
    Close my eyes.
    Let my defenses down --
    All those wounds that I can't get unwound

I let my past go too fast
    No time to pause --
    If I could slow it all down
    Like some captain, whose ship runs aground --
    I can wait until the tide comes around

Make each impression a little bit stronger
    Freeze this motion a little bit longer
    The innocence slips away...

Summer's going fast, nights growing colder
    Children growing up -- old friends growing colder
    Experience slips away...

-Rush, Time Stand Still (From Hold Your Fire).

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

7. Thanks someoneofforumpast thanked for this post
    Likes someoneofforumpast liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Though, in general claiming people are whining and telling them to stop complaining (have seen it here already) is a conversation debunker and is very ironic. Like I said, this "whining" in this thread was able to save the anime section which is possibly the best thing that happened to this forum in maybe the last three years.
    I agree, but generally the kind of people who specifically complain about the topic of a thread rather than find a new one to go to or who just whine without sticking to the topic, have trouble spelling ironic and rarely know the meaning.

You really want to make this place popular? Allow hentai.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-30-2015 at 03:10 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post

Senior Member Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 Controller Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Jigsaw Ribbon
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2016 07:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shotcookie13512

really allow hentai? not a good idea .

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

clayton this is a family website. you can't even swear, what makes you think posting naked anime characters would be okay? think of the children.

12. Thanks DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

Ew. No!

Anyway I know it won't happen. I'm just saying it would work.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-31-2015 at 07:36 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ew. No!

Anyway I know it won't happen. I'm just saying it would work.
    yeah, turning the forum into an Apple customer service forum would probably bring in more people too, but that's about as likely as FlashD allowing hentai. it's just a stupid idea.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    yeah, turning the forum into an Apple customer service forum would probably bring in more people too, but that's about as likely as FlashD allowing hentai. it's just a stupid idea.
    If you said Microsoft instead of Apple, then it'd be very likely as he's our resident MS expert on all things MS. XD

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Thats cool, i'll allow it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

i noticed this place has been more lively as of late. lots of new members. it's a good thing

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

i noticed this place has been more lively as of late. lots of new members. it's a good thing
    Way to resuscitate things!

Though some of that was nothing but spambots. ;.;
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 02-08-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Way to resuscitate things!

Though some of that was nothing but spambots. ;.;
    eh we've always had those.

it's uplifting to know we have new members that don't just make a post in the introductions section then leave never to return, which is the norm for this site. what are we at, 50 new members a day? and of those, normally none would become active or even semi-active members, one if you're lucky. it actually surprises me when i see a new member make more than a few posts, if any at all. hopefully that's all changing. i was feeling kinda down about this place before, now it seems okay.

long live AF

20. Likes DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

eh we've always had those.

it's uplifting to know we have new members that don't just make a post in the introductions section then leave never to return, which is the norm for this site. what are we at, 50 new members a day? and of those, normally none would become active or even semi-active members, one if you're lucky. it actually surprises me when i see a new member make more than a few posts, if any at all. hopefully that's all changing. i was feeling kinda down about this place before, now it seems okay.

long live AF
    All things come in waves man. Good, bad, 3-phase, and the like. But it's what we do in our down slopes that make our up hills/peaks bigger, better, and taller.

22. Likes Zainox liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

All things come in waves man. Good, bad, 3-phase, and the like. But it's what we do in our down slopes that make our up hills/peaks bigger, better, and taller.
    tru dat.

on a side note, i'd like to personally thank @Astral_Mage for being an extremely active newish user. seems like every time i open the miscellany you're the last poster in about ten threads. reminds me of myself, kekeke. keep up the good work.

24. Thanks Astral_Mage thanked for this post
    Likes Astral_Mage, DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

on a side note, i'd like to personally thank @Astral_Mage for being an extremely active newish user. seems like every time i open the miscellany you're the last poster in about ten threads. reminds me of myself, kekeke. keep up the good work.
    I second

26. Thanks Astral_Mage thanked for this post
    Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Member HaitchE is on a distinguished road HaitchE's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2015 05:27 PM
    Threads

New member checking in, doesn't look dead to me.

Senior Member 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2016 09:36 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DFmongy

Look closer. Lol nah jk we doing alright.

All the world will be your enemy, prince with a thousand enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... But first they must catch you.

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HaitchE View Post
    if you'd have been here a month ago you'd know why i made this thread. it only recently started picking up.

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Much, motivational. It should be on a poster.

31. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Zainox View Post
    Much, motivational. It should be on a poster.
    A job for the gfx community? perhaps? XD

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HaitchE View Post
    But now you're here and it's alive! Keep doing the great work.

33. Likes Astral_Mage, Zainox liked this post
    Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

I agree, but generally the kind of people who specifically complain about the topic of a thread rather than find a new one to go to or who just whine without sticking to the topic, have trouble spelling ironic and rarely know the meaning.

that would not make it livelier that would just cause in an increse in Trolling. Then you would have to make the XXX portion a purchase on the Store kind of like the serious talk. Then that would in turn cause influx of SPAM. That is not a can of worms you want on a younger crowd allowable forum. If you want the XXX you can easily google search a billion other places to get your fix in. This will not happen to be one of them. Too many Cons that out weight the Pro's.

35. Thanks DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information